Thread: [RESOLVED] Posts not appearing when searching

Resolved [RESOLVED] Posts not appearing when searching

Hi,

I just tried searching my latest posts to see how many I had in the past couple of days but the first result I received was dated December 6th and I have had several posts since then.

Thanks,

Nightwalker
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Re: Posts not appearing when searching

Hey,

Just go to your own profile page, click on the statistics tab, and then click the link that says "Find all posts by Nightwalker83".

That should give you the information that you need.

Gary

Hmm, having looked at that page, I can confirm that VB Forums "thinks" your last post was on the 6th December. Are you sure you have made posts since then? If so, can you find the threads that they were in? Perhaps the thread was deleted.

Gary

Also, note that vbforums had experienced some trouble with the server time recently.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Quote Originally Posted by gep13 View Post
    Hmm, having looked at that page, I can confirm that VB Forums "thinks" your last post was on the 6th December. Are you sure you have made posts since then? If so, can you find the threads that they were in? Perhaps the thread was deleted.

Gary
    Yes, I had at least two posts since then. Congrats on the promotion to moderator.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.

Can you still find the threads that you posted in? Are your posts there?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    Congrats on the promotion to moderator.
    Thank you very much!!

Can you still find the threads that you posted in? Are your posts there?
    Yeah, the threads I've started still appear in the the "View all threads started by" section and those threads show the posts as usual.

Hmmm, that is a little strange. I can't think of a reason why that would be happening.

Hopefully Joe or Brad will be able to shed some light on this.

Gary

Hopefully someone can figure out what is going on! This bug is no very helpful.

I need an example post to check, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc View Post
    I need an example post to check, thanks
    Here is the link to my recent posts as you see the first one listed is dated the 6th of December. However, posts after that are missing.

Edit:

Changed the link to link to my profile page.
    Last edited by Nightwalker83; Dec 21st, 2010 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Adding more!

Here is the link to my recent posts as you see the first one listed is dated the 6th of December. However, posts after that are missing.
    That link doesn't work. The searchid will last for a few minutes/hours, I think.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by akhileshbc View Post
    That link doesn't work. The searchid will last for a few minutes/hours, I think.
    Oh well! Here are my latest posts when searching via the forum search page. As you can see all my recent posts appear.

Edit:

I think there must be something wrong with the "Find all posts by" function because it is not working while the forum search function displays all of my latest posts without problems.
    Last edited by Nightwalker83; Dec 21st, 2010 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Adding more!

Oh well! Here are my latest posts when searching via the forum search page. As you can see all my recent posts appear.
    Hmm... As I said before, it wouldn't last for a long time.

When JP reaches here on this thread, that link might be expired.

I think this link will work: Click Here...

What did you do differently to the link?

What did you do differently to the link?
    Hover the mouse over the link that I have posted and see what it is showing in the status bar of your browser.

Quote Originally Posted by akhileshbc View Post
    Hover the mouse over the link that I have posted and see what it is showing in the status bar of your browser.
    Ah ok! That makes sense.

Nightwalker, are you able to provide direct links to a thread that you have posted in, that isn't appearing in the search results in. Without this, the admins aren't going to be able to help you.

Gary

Nightwalker, are you able to provide direct links to a thread that you have posted in, that isn't appearing in the search results in. Without this, the admins aren't going to be able to help you.

Gary
    It's the "Find all posts by" function that is the problem! For me it doesn't show my posts since the 6th of December but when I checked yours it showed you had several posts today.

Edit:

Here is a thread where I have posted several times since the 19th of December. I hope that will be of use in figuring out why my posts aren't appearing in the "Find all posts by" search.
    Last edited by Nightwalker83; Dec 22nd, 2010 at 04:43 AM.

For me it doesn't show my posts since the 6th of December but when I checked yours it showed you had several posts today.
    That is because I am addicted

Ok, I am sure one of the admins will come back and have a look at this soon.

Gary

I would be interested to know if I am the only person on the forum having this problem? As far as I can tell I am.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster!

Obviously your posts in this thread should be found as well...

Yes, but the problem is the posts I've made after 4:00pm 06/12/2010 have been cut from the list.

If I generate a search via the forum search function it displays nearly all my recent posts! Maybe something is stopping new posts from being registered by the "Find all posts by" script?

I can't see why it would not be working for you, but working for me. That seems a little strange.

Gary

I am wondering if one of the forum staff were using a filter and forgot to remove it?

Edit:

While searching on google for a solution to problem I found this:

Quote Originally Posted by Greeksgal
    A member has just reported that when they go into their profile and then click on "view all posts from this member" that the posts end in the middle of June and all the recent ones are not there. They're still on the forum, haven't been deleted but do not show up under members profiles.
    That seems to be the same kind of problem I'm experiencing with my profile.

From posts I have managed to find they suggest that there might be a problem with the database?

I found this on the vbulletin forum. It suggests that google might be responsible. Although, I don't know if vbforums uses adsense?
    Last edited by Nightwalker83; Dec 26th, 2010 at 03:40 AM.

I read this over at vbulletin.com and that sounds similar to what I am experiencing.

Did one of the Admin work on server around the date of April 9th 2011? I just checked my posts and it jumps from the December 6th 2010 to April 9th 2011 within two posts.

That is the case when clicking on your username then "Find more posts by ...", but using the Search page gives the correct results (with results as Posts or Threads).

I've checked a few other members, and there is no problem with them.

Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_geek View Post
    That is the case when clicking on your username then "Find more posts by ...", but using the Search page gives the correct results (with results as Posts or Threads).

I've checked a few other members, and there is no problem with them.

Strange.
    Yeah, and what is weird is that as I stated in my previous post it seems to jump from December 6th 2010 to April 9th 2011 for no apparent reason. Hopefully Brad will be able to inform us of the goings on forum maintenance on 9th of April.

I don't think forum maintenance is the issue... the posts are there (the search page finds them), and there isn't a problem for the other members I checked.

Hopefully Brad (or the other admins) will be able to work it out.

I'll ask Heidi to take a look at this tread. It might be something simple like an index that needs rebuilt.

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Heidi took a look at this. One of the index tables has an issue. She will run "clean up" at a slower time of the day for this forum. That should fix the issue.

Stay tuned.

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_geek View Post
    I don't think forum maintenance is the issue... the posts are there (the search page finds them), and there isn't a problem for the other members I checked.
    Although, like other things on the planet the forum is not immune from breaking or having problems and should have a checkup every so often to make sure everything is working as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    Heidi took a look at this. One of the index tables has an issue. She will run "clean up" at a slower time of the day for this forum. That should fix the issue.
    Ah ok! Thanks.

Indexes have been rebuilt by Heidi. Problem should be resolved. Let me know if it hasn't been.

Brad!
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    Indexes have been rebuilt by Heidi. Problem should be resolved. Let me know if it hasn't been.

Brad!
    Yes, that finally solved the problem.