Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me i'm drowning in my source code, hey dudes

Help me i'm drowning in my source code, hey dudes

Dear Formers,

I have a project of mine, that i am working on right about now, then here is the problem of mne. I have some hard coded encription that i have made. the encrption works fine. but then the decription of the source output file, doesn't work right, like so. I am using my ActivEX control that i wrote a good long while ago. it works and the output file, is about 2Bytes in total. Then i have to make the source output of a video that is about 41.8Mb in total file size. Can someone please help me to fix my problem at hand???

!! Thanks in advance !!
    HelpMe.zip
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Jun 28th, 2021 at 02:43 AM.
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Re: Help me i'm drowning in my source code, hey dudes

So you basicly need to decrypt/decompress a 41.8MB video from a 2 bytes file?

Hmm, there are certain institutions that can help in your case that I can think of as VBForums members tried to explain why this is impossible and generally to help you but they are obviously not qualified for dealing with people that need such help.

cheers,
    </wqw>

I know. I had the encriptor working, it was in the beta version 10Bytes, but then now it's about 2Bytes. So then there was an advancement in the contruction of it, then so
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

PowerPoster

I'd suggest to make these 2 Bytes of yours -> Zero-Bytes...

Then combine these with a Zero-Point-Device - and you can prodcue basically evrything from that...
    (Free-Energy, Black-Matter, Black Suns and what not...).

There's channels on youtube you could subscribe to - but as wqweto already said:
    This is the wrong forum for this kind of stuff..

Olaf

I'm writing for the Illumanti and it's government agencies that work with defence. it's like the rebirth of the Internet, like so

Right i got it to inflate the file with data. However what is the EOF syntax, that i need to have inplace for the file to complete inflation of data, which is now working for me, then so.
    Attached Files Attached Files

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

Then so?

So we have this central piece of "crypto" code

Code:
    Public Sub InitLUT()
    Dim X As Long, Y As Long, bChr As Byte

For X = 0 To 255
        baLUT(X) = X
    Next X

Rnd -1
    Randomize 1234

For X = 1 To 255
        Y = Int(X * Rnd)
        If X <> Y Then
            bChr = baLUT(X)
            baLUT(X) = baLUT(Y)
            baLUT(Y) = bChr
        End If
    Next X

For X = 0 To 255
        backLUT(baLUT(X)) = X
    Next X
    End Sub
    This is based on seeding the VB's built-in pseudo-random number generator with preset starting seed in the "Randomize 1234" line and generating an infinite entries (more like only 64k ones) of randomness to initialize a couple of LUTs (forward and back) so that I/O byte-arrays can be shuffled fast. Similar Caesar ciphers have been broken since millenia and are nowhere near WW2 Enigma strength (which was broken 80 years ago too). . . Anyway.

I couldn't find the compression bits but what exactly is not working here?

cheers,
    </wqw>

I have had the same conversation with TheImp for years.
    He doesn't know the difference between hashing, encryption and compression.
    Still thinks that you can retrieve the original content for a given hash.

I'm wondering where did the OP pinched this piece of code from?

It's generally pretty well structured one although not very useful.

cheers,
    </wqw>

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by wqweto View Post
    I'm wondering where did the OP pinched this piece of code from?

It's generally pretty well structured one although not very useful.
    I've uploaded this PRNG-based "crypto-routine" about 20 (25?) years ago in the ms-vb6 NewsGroup.

Olaf

Can someone please look at my source code and write the possible file making file, using the variable of strBuff, which holds the data to fill the file, with data
    Code:
    Option Explicit
    '
    Dim strBuff As String
    '

Public Sub Form_Load()
    On Error Resume Next

Rem Slient open dialog box form.
        With Main.CustomDialog1
            .Action = 2
            strBuff = .Data
            .DefaultFilter = "mkv"
            .FileName = "Mask-Ep1.mkv"
            .Filter = "mkv"
            .FilterEnabled = False
            .Path = "C:\Temp\"
        End With

strBuff = StrConv(LoadResData("1", "MASK"), vbUnicode)
            Open "C:\Temp\Mask-Ep1.mkv" For Input As #1
                Line Input #1, strBuff
            Close #1

Rem Slient save dialog box form.
        With Main.CustomDialog1
            .Action = 4
            .Data = strBuff
            .DefaultFilter = "mkv"
            .Filter = "mkv"
            .FilterEnabled = False
        End With

Open "C:\Temp\Mask-Ep1.mkv" For Output As #1
                Print #1, strBuff
         Close #1

MsgBox "Please wait for the computer to finish the processes.", , "Message"
    End Sub
    I'm working on this for the grab of data process, any ideas on how to make it better, then so.
    Code:
    Option Explicit
    '
    Dim strBuff As String
    '
    Yack Yack
    Rem Put something here, then that is so cool, even.

Do While Not EOF(blah)
                Line Input strBuff, #1
            Debug.Print strBuff
        Loop
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Jun 28th, 2021 at 08:34 PM.

Could anyone see the problem with this source code of mine, thanks in advance...
    Code:
    Dim a As Integer

blah
    blah

strBuff = StrConv(LoadResData("a", "MASK"), vbUnicode)
                Do While Not EOF(1, 1)
                    Line Input #1, strBuff
                Loop
            Close #1

PowerPoster

If you are expecting to get a working movie from what you have in that res file you will surely drown. The res file is less than 100 bytes. Thats not even enough for the header info much less the actual audio and video of a movie. There is no such thing as a compression routine that can take a 100mb file and compress it to under 100 bytes then restore the original from those <100 bytes and compressed movie files are usually 500mb or more if they have any quality to them.

it works with txt windows text files, then why not more than that, one

A movie file should be handled by binary file IO.
    Thus "Open For Binary" instead "Open For Input" or "Open For Output"
    Also use "Put" and "Get" instead of "Print" and "Line Input"
    Also DON'T use StrConv(), that's for text only!

okay then. What should the source code look-like then. I am using Open For Binary in the CustomDialogBox Control. I thought that i should run it with it, but then not sure on the right mix of source code, for me to use on it

Explain what this code should do.

Code:
    Dim a As Integer

'blah
    'blah

' First action: Filling the variable strBuff with data from the resource file

' the content of strBuff is completely ignored and overwritten with parts of a MKV file
    Do While Not EOF(1, 1)
      ' Replacing the content of strBuff with a single line from a file..
      Line Input #1, strBuff
    Loop
    Close #1

' Here strBuff only contains the last text line from the .MKV
    ' But: MKV files are binary files, not text files

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    it works with txt windows text files, then why not more than that, one
    Text files compress better than most types but even a text file can not be compressed from 100mb to less than 100b unless of course they contain pretty much nothing other than white space. If you put a text file into a zip file for example it is likely to be much smaller than the original but if you do the same thing with an avi file the zip file will be very close in size to the original. AVI and other popular movie formats are already compressed. To actually get a movie into a res file is possible for sure but that res file is going to be 100s of megabytes in size.

But then with the powerful encription then you could use it to your advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoutdv View Post
    Explain what this code should do.
    Well that source code, is able to extract the file from the resource file. then it writes the file as a normal data file, then so

No, it reads data from the resource in a string buffer, which should be a byte array.
    Then you open a file for reading and try to read text file lines from a binary file, in the same string buffer

Yeah to open the resource file, then to reopen it and save it as a normal file and then not a resource

PowerPoster

I'm writing for the Illumanti and it's government agencies that work with defence. it's like the rebirth of the Internet, like so
    The government of Elbonia? Holy crap, I finally get it. This is a 14 year long troll account by Scott Adams. Well done.

Who is Scott Adams, then so???

my name is: Richard Graeme Ambra, okay then

Quote Originally Posted by wqweto View Post
    So you basicly need to decrypt/decompress a 41.8MB video from a 2 bytes file?

Hmm, there are certain institutions that can help in your case that I can think of as VBForums members tried to explain why this is impossible and generally to help you but they are obviously not qualified for dealing with people that need such help.

cheers,
    </wqw>
    Are you always so pedantic in the responses or do you stop every 2 post?

Each response of yours is, one to denigrate people and the other to help. You can be "valuable" in a forum, but if you are a disgusting person, any troll that registers is the same. I've been seeing your answers for a long time

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by AthlonArg View Post
    Are you always so pedantic in the responses or do you stop every 2 post?

Each response of yours is, one to denigrate people and the other to help. You can be "valuable" in a forum, but if you are a disgusting person, any troll that registers is the same. I've been seeing your answers for a long time
    You should go back and read the OP's posts from the last several years. They might be enlightening.

Thanks dude

Here in the block quotes of Bold, etc says that I have an error in the EOF, which was before than, then it was LOF. Can someone spot the trouble, here then
    Code:
    Option Explicit
    '
    Dim a As Integer
    Dim strBuff As Byte
    '
    Blah
    Blah
    Blah

Do While Not EOF(1, 1)
                    Line Input #1, strBuff
                Loop
            Close #1

PowerPoster

Do you have the MSDN library files installed for VB 6.0?

"EOF Function

Syntax

EOF(filenumber)

The required filenumber argument is an Integer containing any valid file number."

Could you please state the syntax of that???

i believe the syntax is something like this:
    Code:
    EOF(1) - 1

This is the command LOF being used in my project, to work with the ReDim command, then.
    Code:
    ReDim bAry(LOF(1) - 1)
    If i were able to substitue the LOF for EOF, and also paged the EOF into a ReDim, then get rid of the bAry, which is a function in my encriptor, deencriptor, also then so. What would the syntax of that,look like then???

I promised myself I wasn't going to do this but...

i were able to substitue the LOF for EOF, and also paged the EOF into a ReDim
    You can't "page" the EOF... it's a single thing and it stands for End Of File.. it is the marker that is put at the End Of a File to mark its termination.
    I don't know what LOF is supposed to be or what you're trying to do there, but you're not doing what you're saying. Opening a file for input isn't opening it for writing... and Line Input READS text... it doesn't write... you need to open your file for OUTPUT probably OUTPUT AS BINARY (or something like that) ... and then use a PUT statements (I think that's right, it's been a while since I've written byte arrays in VB6) to write the byte data to the file...
    Your code doesn't do what you think it does. Not even close.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

This is the command LOF being used in my project, to work with the ReDim command, then.
    Code:
    ReDim bAry(LOF(1) - 1)
    If i were able to substitue the LOF for EOF, and also paged the EOF into a ReDim, then get rid of the bAry, which is a function in my encriptor, deencriptor, also then so. What would the syntax of that,look like then???
    LOF and EOF are two very different functions.

Thinking they are related reminds me of a story Bill Gates has told. He said on two different occasions, Donald Trump asked Bill Gates if HPV and HIV were related.

Whoa, wait a minute. L and E are 7 letters apart. P and I are also 7 letters apart. 7!

Holy crap, Illuminati connection confirmed! Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh1

actually I am refering to the source code, of LOF, which means Line Of File, which is somewhat of a bit of a naughty way of making the program scan for a line by line, access route to saving or reading files, to the disk, even.

Could this source code snippet work, right or then not so, even like that one for me to use or not, like
    Code:
    Dim Item1 As Byte
    Blah
    Blah
    ReDim Item1(EOF(1) - 1)

I have been able to make a breakthrough with my working project, as of now, even so. The source code, is as follows:
    Code:
    Option Explicit
    '
    Dim a As Integer
    Dim strBuff As String
    '

Public Sub Form_Load()
    On Error Resume Next

a = 0
    a = a + 1

Rem Slient open dialog box form.
        With Main.CustomDialog1
            .Action = 2
            strBuff = .Data
            .DefaultFilter = "mkv"
            .Filter = "mkv"
            .FilterEnabled = False
        End With

ReDim Item1(EOF(1) - 1)
                Line Input #1, strBuff
            Close #1

Rem Slient save dialog box form.
        With Main.CustomDialog1
            .Action = 4
            .Data = strBuff
            .DefaultFilter = "mkv"
            .Filter = "mkv"
            .FilterEnabled = False
        End With

ReDim Item1(EOF(1) - 1)
            Print #1, strBuff
        Close #1

With Main
            .Enabled = False
        End With

MsgBox "Please wait for the computer to finish the processes.", , "Message"

With Main
            .Enabled = True
        End With
    End Sub
    Public Sub Form_Unload(Cancel As Integer)
    On Error Resume Next

Set Main = Nothing

a = 0
        Unload Main
    End Sub

actually I am refering to the source code, of LOF, which means Line Of File, which is somewhat of a bit of a naughty way of making the program scan for a line by line, access route to saving or reading files, to the disk, even.
    LOF means *Length* Of File.

Is this some kind of joke?

cheers,
    </wqw>

Code:
            ReDim Item1(EOF(1) - 1)
            Print #1, strBuff
        Close #1
    What what kind of magic happens here!

You are sizing an array to the EOF value for a file.
    EOF returns a Boolean when the end of a file is reached.
    A Boolean True = -1, a Boolean False = 0
    If the file doesn't exist you do: ReDim Item1(0 - 1)
    If the file does exist you get: ReDim Item1(-1 - 1)

So the breakthrough is that because of the "On Error Resume Next" you don't get the error you should get.
    Also Item1 is not used anywhere.

PowerPoster

But then with the powerful encription then you could use it to your advantage
    Do you even know what encryption is?
    Compressions makes files smaller for storage. They have to be decompressed to be used.

Encryption alters the content of the file based on a key of some sort so you can not read the file without using the key to decrypt it.

Encryption is not compression.

But anyway, no point in reading any more of this nonsense.
    Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast