Page 49 of 137 FirstFirst ... 39464748495051525999 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,960 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

PowerPoster

Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Strict policies of isolation were very effective in limiting the spread and the toll of hospitalization and death. Those were great in the short run, but they only makes sense if immunization can achieve saturation levels quickly enough.

The fungalitis is jumping to rodents even now, so hope of eradicating COVID-19 by limiting spread are gone. The crud will be with us forever, just as occurred with influenza.

Failing to get vaccines into people means a lot of "dry tinder" is behind the walls of isolation, awaiting a spark before turning into a raging fire. This is a race that must be won.

Chinese urgency on COVID-19 goes missing in vaccination drive
    At the beginning, China lost three months, but it achieved almost 100% control.If other countries had operated in the same way at that time, maybe it would have been completely controlled in three months, and the virus would not have spread widely in the future.

Small problems occur, like the war in Iraq or some countries, dropping missiles on oil fields.If it is not controlled, it will become the Second World War, with dozens of countries participating in the war and hundreds of millions of people dying.
    Many countries and soldiers have gone to war either for peace or to rob other countries of their wealth, as if unlessIf you murder the oil field to other countries, grab the coal mine resources. Understanding we are just hunting in the forest, killing some prey. Coal mine oil fields, just like a coarse trees or。
    Invading other countries, they thought it was just hunting, just cutting down some wood in the forest.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 31st, 2021 at 01:20 PM.

PowerPoster

If novel coronavirus were just a common cold and the spread of human wealth, that would not be a problem。The point is that this virus is like a lot of people who accidentally broke their bones or got shot by a gun. This virus is too powerful. Originally, only heart disease or something is more dangerous for human beings.

PowerPoster

It is like a bitcoin. It is also necessary to use the virus. The US operating system FBI back door "Eternal Blue" leaks, as a result, like a new crown virus. If AIDS is also spread like a new crown virus. Imagine how terrible.
    Because the salad virus can be easily infecting a lot of companies' computers. Then be required to pay tens of millions of redemption fees.
    Why does Microsoft provide a back door monitor to FBI? This Microsoft can survive, and the government also masters absolute control.
    But Huawei 5 G technology, China is definitely not allowed to exist in this back door. A child who is not obedient, so the United States resolutely hits him and destroys it. Just to achieve it's barbaric hegemony.

PowerPoster

Eternal Blue refers to the evening of April 14, 2017, the hacker group Shadow Brokers publishes a large number of network attack tools, which contain "Eternal Blue" tools, "Eternal Blue" uses the SMB vulnerability of the Windows system. Get the highest permission of the system. On May 12, the criminals made Wannacry lesso viruses by transforming "Eternal Blue", UK,
    Russia, the entire European and China's domestic school network, large enterprise intranet and government agency special network, and the high-ransom of rendering is credited to the recovery documents.
    Well, I'm getting this a little wrong, but the Microsoft must have provided a lot of back doors to the FBI.

PowerPoster

2017-Beginning on May 12, the WannaCry blackmail worm broke out suddenly, affecting more than 100 countries around the world, including the British medical system, express company FedEx, Russian telecommunications company Megafon have become victims, China's campus network and a number of energy companies, government agencies have also been recruited, extorted to pay a high ransom to decrypt and restore documents. Causing serious losses to important data. With extremely limited Internet access, North Korea has been able to defend a pure land under this widespread attack. It was almost the only country to survive the virus disaster.

I feel that this computer virus has a lot in common with novel coronavirus.
    Ordinary virus is not terrible, terrible is how to deal with it, if later encountered a more powerful virus, perhaps really do want to destroy.At least, like World War II, it can kill hundreds of millions of people.Do those people deserve to be killed in cold blood?What is the sin of the Jews? What's the crime of being black

PowerPoster

Researchers widely believe that the large-scale cyber attack used hacking tools developed by the National Security Agency (NSA). Researchers at several private cyber security companies say hackers have exploited NSA code called "Eternal Blue" to cause software to spread itself.

PowerPoster

In response to the domestic infection, the 360 ​​360th threat center in the afternoon is the first to release the "Eternal Blue" Less Worm Situation, as of 19:00 in the afternoon, there are 28,8388 institutions in China to be "eternal blue" black worm infection, cover Almost all regions in China.

Because I was in last year in April blackmailer virus, the source code on the computer was all encrypted. He was asked to pay tens of thousands of dollars in ransom. 。It's like a new crown virus, a snake bite, hundreds of thousands of dollars a month.

This computer virus and plague virus are really terrible.
    If you see a few hundred eggs of a few eggs, you can see a large tumor. How much disgusting? How much painful. AIDS, new crown virus. Snowman virus, Japanese devil. Is these things
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 31st, 2021 at 01:43 PM.

PowerPoster

Ransom virus sweeps the world, which has affected more than 100 countries and regions, including countries and regions, including the United States, Britain, China, Russia, Spain, and Vietnam, are affected by this high-risk event. It is reported that Russia has been affected by the most serious, and China has already infected more than 240,000 machines.

It's scary to see these things that look like tumors, that look like novel coronavirus infection maps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 31st, 2021 at 07:43 PM.

PowerPoster

Some experts say the attack is likely to exploit a vulnerability in Microsoft's systems. The vulnerability was actually first discovered by the NSA, which named it Eternal Blue. Then, the tools developed by the NSA were stolen by a hacker group called the Shadow Brokers. The hackers also tried to sell them in an online auction. However, the hackers then decided to make the tools available for free and released the encrypted passwords on April 8. The hackers said they had issued the passwords as a "protest" against US President Donald Trump.

PowerPoster

If two members of your family die because of novel coronavirus.If you or the company are infected with the bitcoin-blackmailer virus.
    If someone has just been infected with AIDS.

I think these are equally terrible.
    The Chinese government does not require all Chinese people and companies to install appropriate computer virus vulnerabilities patches.I think this is just like the trump administration, which completely ignores the novel coronavirus.
    Computer viruses and infectious diseases, pestilence are very difficult to control. But you're better off defending yourself than not.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    I got my first shot today. There is only a little pain, and I feel a little feverish at night.I had to make an appointment a few days ago, and there were only eight places every day.As a result, the past completely out of control today, a large number of seedlings came.I went there at twelve o'clock at noon, and I made an appointment until two o'clock, but there were too many people to queue up.Then I waited for another two hours until the vaccine came at three or four o'clock.As a result, the staff's system went wrong and waited for more than an hour.They may want to do this Carefully Register work. It is possible that some batches of vaccines can be traced back to the source if there is a problem.

There is also a cycle in Yunnan Province of China to carry out the investigation of all personnel. Start the lockdown again for a while.Just because a dozen people are infected.
    Got one this morning. Signed up almost by accident. Showed up, got the jab, was out of there in perhaps half an hour total. After all, you have to sit there for fifteen minutes after you get the jab to make sure that you have no allergic reaction. No pain, no nothing...and the gal who gave me the shot looked like the younger Princess Leia, though she wasn't THAT young. Not bad at all.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Our score every village, every street, every community all quarantine, there are many people guarding.Each household can only send one person out to buy daily necessities for three days.
    In fact, China is the safest country.I went to have a vaccination today, and on the way back, I asked the others why they didn't go? Most people don't even think about it. Because there are almost no relevant patients in China.
    However, this disease has been infected with 10% in the world, and it may be ravaged everywhere to ordinary colds, so the child begins to make a vaccine. It is essential. Perhaps in a few years, humans will automatically have this antibody, and most people will not be harmed.
    Good that you got the vaccine, though. The P.1 variant that is sweeping through Brazil is both more contagious, and is known to re-infect those who have already had the virus. Whether or not the vaccine will work against it is, as yet, unproven, but it is looking likely. Still, I'd be inclined to get a variety of vaccinations, so long as they target different aspects of the virus. The mRNA vaccines, like Moderna and Pfizer/Biontec (does Biontec feel left out because people tend to just call if Pfizer?) use the same pathway. Not sure about Johnson & Johnson.

PowerPoster

One problem with slow rollout of vaccination is that this is the perfect environment to develop resistant strains. You have an ongoing reservoir of infection walking the streets like zombies, which keeps throwing out random mutations until some get by vaccine-induced defenses.

PowerPoster

One problem with slow rollout of vaccination is that this is the perfect environment to develop resistant strains. You have an ongoing reservoir of infection walking the streets like zombies, which keeps throwing out random mutations until some get by vaccine-induced defenses.
    Just like Bitcoin this black money inventions. There are also many hundred virtual currencies next door to Taiquian, really a cancer of society. There is also a soldier virus, there will be ten hundred varieties.SARS, the new crown virus, and then a lot of mutations. Ebola virus. Bird flu, swine fever. The world is becoming more and more terrible.

PowerPoster

Just like Bitcoin this black money inventions. There are also many hundred virtual currencies next door to Taiquian, really a cancer of society. There is also a soldier virus, there will be ten hundred varieties.SARS, the new crown virus, and then a lot of mutations. Ebola virus. Bird flu, swine fever. The world is becoming more and more terrible.
    In theory, the new crown vaccine should be produced free of charge in open pharmacies around the world.Fortunately, it doesn't cost a penny to With in China, but sometimes the queue time takes several hours.I heard that it costs 600$ for Americans to register vaccines?
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 31st, 2021 at 07:45 PM.

PowerPoster

Actually, two years ago. One day, after coming back from shopping in the supermarket, I had a fever, talked nonsense and had nightmares at night. It's like dying. I don't know what happened for no reason. Then give me an injection to reduce the fever. For the first time in more than thirty years. The fever was under control, but I couldn't walk for several days.This virus is like a sudden car accident, very painful and terrible.

PowerPoster

I was looking at some nematodes in Africa the other day.Because they are very short of water there, and where there is water, the environment is very poor and dirty. Many people still drink it directly without boiling water.As a result, some worms got into people's blood. This length is about tens of centimeters to one meter.Once the morbidity, it will grow from the heart to the soles of your feet, the entire blood vessels are occupied by it. They long for you to come to the water, and then he goes out and lays his eggs.Doctors need to use branches to coil the worm up and pull it out bit by bit, which is very painful and sometimes requires hospitalization for several days. So the virus is terrible.

King of sapila

Doing vaccines that are only on stage 3 because you got scared of a flue is, it don't know, maybe it's just me but....
    Anyhow.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

the gal who gave me the shot looked like the younger Princess Leia
    Was she wearing the outfit? I'd be willing to travel to the US to get the jab if Princess Leia was giving it.

One problem with slow rollout of vaccination
    I'm not sure what the alternatives are though. I guess you could build up a larger stock pile of vaccine before you start administering but at least administering it early diminishes the pool of people who are liable to infection and therefore liable to create a mutation. I'm no virologist, though, and don't really know what the effects would be.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    I guess you could build up a larger stock pile of vaccine before you start administering but at least administering it early diminishes the pool of people who are liable to infection and therefore liable to create a mutation.
    You have to consider two populations.

One vaccinated, who's defenses get repeatedly tested by mutations. One infected, throwing off new mutations to attacked those who were vaccinated.

Mutation occurs through "errors" in reproduction, which is suppressed in the vaccinated population.

It's like living next door to a trash-filled yard with stuff on fire. Eventually one of those wind-blown flaming gobbets of trash is going to set your place on fire.

While there is certainly truth in that, the idea of vaccinating people as soon as possible (and therefore not all of them at once) means that you are basically removing some of that flaming trash.

While you might not eliminate the one that flies over to set the place on fire, you are at least reducing the chances of it happening - and by vaccinating people at highest risk first, you are doing the equivalent of putting fire-proof materials on the house so that you don't get the worst effects.

It's not an ideal way to do things, but it's probably the best option available.

In theory, the new crown vaccine should be produced free of charge in open pharmacies around the world.Fortunately, it doesn't cost a penny to With in China, but sometimes the queue time takes several hours.I heard that it costs 600$ for Americans to register vaccines?
    I assume this is a translation issue. Nothing is produced free of charge. As long as there is some production, there is a cost, and somebody will have to pay it. I'm not sure what you mean by registering vaccines. If you mean, "what does it cost for a company to get a vaccine approved for use in humans", then the cost is FAR higher than $600. If you mean, "what does it cost for a person in the US to receive a COVID vaccine", then the answer is 0$. It's being delivered for free. Of course, somebody is still paying for it, and technically, it is the taxpayers....and some other hard to identify people based on the complexity of how US debt works.

Was she wearing the outfit? I'd be willing to travel to the US to get the jab if Princess Leia was giving it.
    No outfit, and a better hairdo, but it wasn't unpleasant.

a better hairdo
    I've fought men to the death for lesser sins than implying Princess Leia's hairdo is anything less than dreamy

you are basically removing some of that flaming trash
    That's how I see it. I'm a possible vector to create a new mutation if I get infected. If I'm e.g. 75% less likely to get infected due to being vaccinated, I'm 75% less likely to create a mutation. Unless there's something about my increased resistance that makes me more like to create a resistant mutation. I don't think there is but I really don't know.

I might be missing Dil's point though. Certainly if we could roll out vaccines faster we'd reduce the risk of mutations. I just don't know how we'd roll out vaccines faster. I don't get the impression delays are being caused by logistics, they're being caused by production. I'm not sure you can do much about that as vaccines only grow as quick as they grow. Is it a scalable industry? I genuinely don't know.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

I've fought men to the death for lesser sins than implying Princess Leia's hairdo is anything less than dreamy
    Well, SHE thought it was terrible. She felt her face was pretty round to begin with, and that those coils just exaggerated the width of her face. At least in the first Star Wars. She had different hairdo in the other movies.

Depending on some factors that are not yet fully known, vaccination could, in theory, make mutations somewhat more likely to spread. Essentially, what a vaccination does is tells your immune system to recognize and destroy anything that looks like X. As long as it does that effectively, then the only variants that would be capable of spreading are those that don't look enough like X to be recognized and destroyed. So, it's possible that we could end up selecting for a virus that can avoid the vaccination. However, that's only in theory. In fact, what is being recognized is the structure that allows the virus to infect the cells in the first place. Therefore, if the mutation is sufficient that it doesn't look enough like X to be attacked, then it may also be so divergent that it can no longer infect the cells, in which case we have nothing much to worry about.

The sweet spot for the virus would be a mutation that makes it sufficiently different from X that it won't be recognized by the immune system, yet still be capable of being effective. What isn't known is whether or not such a sweet spot exists. If it doesn't, then we're safe. If it does, then it's likely a pretty narrow window (the spike protein doesn't appear to be all THAT big), so booster vaccines might be capable of closing that window.

One nice thing about the mRNA vaccines is that the mechanics are kind of like cryptography: Solving it the first time is tough, but repeating it after that first solution is FAR easier.

PowerPoster

Vaccine supply is an important issue, no doubt.

However as supply and logistics pick up in many places, antivax pushback is becoming a larger concern. All of those are factors, but stubborn resistance is a problem of our making that we can choose not to have. A problem that has deadly consequences for all of us.

but stubborn resistance is a problem of our making
    "Our" making? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? Substitute "Trump and his hard core base" for "our" and you will be right.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

the spike protein doesn't appear to be all THAT big
    I think you may have hit on a strategy to beat this thing... undermine it's male ego.

antivax pushback is becoming a larger concern
    I'm with you there.

I saw the perfect response to anti-vaxxers the other day... I wish I had saved it. Rather than trying to convince them they are wrong... embrace the conspiracy and turn into the skid... use their own bad logic against them. For example, if the reason to not get the vaccine is because of tracking nano bots... well then.... simply tell them that if they hold a magnet over the injection site for 5 minutes, it will collect the nanobots and render them useless (they are made of metal, right)... BUT, it only works if they wait until after an hour after their shot. And if they ask why can't they do immediately, it's because the bots aren't active immediately, otherwise it sets off the anti-theft alarms at pharmacies, so they built-in a power up delay. Once that kicks in, then the magnet trick will work. How do you know it worked? Your arm will be sore the next day.

Embrace the suck and turn into the skid.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

Yeah, no need to try and change their mind. I basically thank them for making the wait time less for the people who want the vaccine.

PowerPoster

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker is interactive.

Click on a State name in the table below the map to drill down to a State's county-level tracker. There you can drag and zoom or click on counties to see their statistics. Some States have more detailed stats, others less detailed.

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker is interactive.

Click on a State name in the table below the map to drill down to a State's county-level tracker. There you can drag and zoom or click on counties to see their statistics. Some States have more detailed stats, others less detailed.
    That's a really interesting map. Vaccine refusal was thought to be ethnically oriented, at first, but has now been shown to be more religion oriented, and political affiliation oriented. The map shows that on large and small scales, more or less.

But I do take issue with the county by county breakdown in Idaho. The MASSIVE Owyhee county that makes up the southwest corner of Idaho is supposed to have 1,188 people fully vaccinated, yet they say that only 10% are fully vaccinated. I used to live in that county. 1,188 people isn't 10% of that county, it's more like 110% of that county. Ain't NOTHING down there!! Perhaps their counting the prairie dogs?

PowerPoster

Well you never know the details of statistics reporting and gathering, much less any "filtering" a given presenter may be applying to "correct" figures that don't fit the agenda. So who knows whether actual figures would support your own biases or not? It gets harder and harder to trust any sources anymore.

PowerPoster

Well you never know the details of statistics reporting and gathering, much less any "filtering" a given presenter may be applying to "correct" figures that don't fit the agenda. So who knows whether actual figures would support your own biases or not? It gets harder and harder to trust any sources anymore.
    It always scares me when I agree with you. lol

But the saying "consider the source" has become essential. Plus now a days there are so many different sources. All you need is a laptop and an internet connection.

When it comes to vaccination rates, everything you see is going to be out of date.

Idaho is is vaccinating at a surprising rate. They've now opened it to everybody over 16...I think. It's actually such a confusing mish-mash of jurisdictions and rules that I'm not even sure that the providers know what the rules are. That might mean that it really is open to everybody 16 and over because nobody knows otherwise. Still, the rate has to be soaring day after day with the number of providers and the number of arms being stuck. I was in there for probably a bit less than half an hour, and saw a dozen, or so, people pass through the system in that window of time. That was one of half a dozen locations around me, and a pretty small one. They only had Princess Leia jabbing people, at that place. The building I'm working in (well, if I wasn't just working from home) has a FAR larger system. Based on the vehicle traffic, they could be going through a few hundred people per hour....either that or everybody is cheating on the parking rules, which can't be ruled out. Still, that place is bragging up the number of arms they've jabbed, so they probably really are pushing through loads of people.

PowerPoster

Yeah, 2 weeks ago when I got the first dose it was a drive-through process handling pretty good volume. I think it was more like 45 minutes though, certainly not 30 minutes. They were taking a lot of information and had people cross-checking it. Some was residency confirmation, some was current health status.

We had several parallel lanes going through though, each one holding 3 groups of 3 vehicles each. Every 15 minutes or so we'd all move forward for the next stage. They said they can do 180 per hour.

Mine was a smaller Wal-Mart, somewhat less traveled. They asked a few questions that amounted to, "Are you breathing?" and "Are you currently sick?" After that, I had to wait a few minutes, as there were a couple people ahead of me, but it wasn't long. The injection was quick, after which I was given a timer set to 15 minutes. When it went off, I could leave. That was the long part of the process.

PowerPoster

Ours required an appointment in advance after passing a quiz on how essential your work is, age, pre-existing conditions, etc. I was sort of surprised to be presented with a sheet to fill in about residency, working location, and medical issues at the point of delivery. But we're also dealing with some issues such as Detroit saying they didn't get a fair allocation even though they have a very high no-show rate as well. So politics.

PowerPoster

At least Biden has stopped capping our allocation so harshly as a "reward" for keeping our new case rate down. As the UK variant ramped up here he finally caved.

Whitmer: Biden increases Michigan's vaccine allocation amid rising infections

There has been a lot of unfortunate squabbling:

Inside the fight to get vaccinated: Why does distribution vary across Michigan?

"Detroit is 139 Square Miles, so we have to overcome the challenges of transportation," said Berry, noting that they have created walk-up vaccine sites in the neighborhoods, a $2 ride program for those lacking transportation to the drive-thru TCF site, and also the Good Neighbors program which allows those 55+ in the suburbs to get vaccinated at TCF if they drive in an eligible Detroit senior citizen.
    The latter is a bit weird, brokering access in this way. But we need to get people access however we can.
    Last edited by dilettante; Apr 2nd, 2021 at 09:35 AM.

Page 49 of 137 FirstFirst ... 39464748495051525999 ... LastLast