Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Modernizing the VB6 IDE

Hyperactive Member

Re: Modernizing the VB6 IDE

Quote Originally Posted by LinkFX View Post
    Here are my unpatched files. But you can also use the English SP6 binaries. The VB6.exe does not match checksum but it patches perfectly if you tell DeltaPatcher to ignore checksum. They are binary compatible, so I can only assume it's a trivial difference between the files. I'll make a patch that matches checksum with the English SP6 files along with the Spanish, French and Chinese ones soon.
    all three original files equal to what you give
    only one question left maybe, can you make sure that, tell DeltaPatcher to ignore checksum when it patches vb6.exe, would be correct and accurate?
    i will check the patched bytes to help.

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by camomille View Post
    —-—
    i m Chinese, are you? if so, my QQ 469855454, maybe we can play with vb6 together.

Lively Member

No sorry, I am French but I am very interested in what is done in China because there are very strong teams and I am very ready for this development:

http://www.yfvb.com/soft-48.htm

It is very close to what you can do with VB6 and recognizes its instructions as well as that of C, in some cases it dominates it with GDI and GDI + incorporated (database of 110,600 lines of recognized words).

I tested for 1 month, it is a very good tool but the big problem is that there is no debugging tool and that following my request it is currently only partially translated into English, but progress is prodigious (2 to 3 versions per month).

So my favorite is still VB6 but for how long.

I have a QQ code which allows me to download the program but which does not allow me to register for the club and also not to download on Baidu to test for example this customizable VB6:

https://www.52pojie.cn/forum.php?mod...ead&tid=876150

Regards

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by loquat View Post
    all three original files equal to what you give
    only one question left maybe, can you make sure that, tell DeltaPatcher to ignore checksum when it patches vb6.exe, would be correct and accurate?
    i will check the patched bytes to help.
    You only need to ignore checksum if you're using the English SP6 files, not the ones I supplied.

Lively Member

No sorry, I am French but I am very interested in what is done in China because there are very strong teams and I am very ready for this development:

It is very close to what you can do with VB6 and recognizes its instructions as well as that of C, in some cases it dominates it with GDI and GDI + incorporated (database of 110,600 lines of recognized words).

I tested for 1 month, it is a very good tool but the big problem is that there is no debugging tool and that following my request it is currently only partially translated into English, but progress is prodigious (2 to 3 versions per month).

I have a QQ code which allows me to download the program but which does not allow me to register for the club and also not to download on Baidu to test for example this customizable VB6:

Regards
    This Visual Free Basic is really, really interesting. It's a real shame it's not in English though. That greatly limits its usefulness. My native language is Portuguese but I've never written a single line of code in Portuguese in over 10 years, nor would I ever, because English is the de facto international language and using any other language limits your scope and the usefulness of your programs.

Lively Member

if, if it is in English, but as it is not the priority, only the main menus are translated by the designer, eventually and as he has to translate the internal menus. At the beginning it was impossible for me to understand what because it's entirely in Chinese but now I don't pay any more attention to it and I manage to program.

I know it's off topic and I apologize but for the curious like me, any information is good to take.

On this page it indicates the differences with VB6 (+=,-=,ShiftR,ShiftL,Dim As Integer a,b,c,d,e,f) etc...

http://www.yfvb.com/thread-6551.html

Here are some of these achievements related to programming

Windows Manager (Spy +)
    http://www.yfvb.com/soft-102.htm
    Memory editor
    http://www.yfvb.com/soft-37.htm
    Library viewer
    http://www.yfvb.com/soft-191.htm
    Hexa editor
    http://www.yfvb.com/soft-181.htm
    Last edited by camomille; Apr 29th, 2020 at 09:20 AM.

Lively Member

Very much looking forward to this getting translated. Maybe some of the Chinese users here could help out and offer to translate it.

PowerPoster

IMO, this is only a "chinese-translation" of "WinFBE for FreeBasic"
    (written in a team-effort by Paul Squires and Jose Roca)...

This IDEs first release was posted in 2016 - and is still actively maintained
    (see this longer thread here, in the FreeBasic-Forum - Links to recent versions are in Post #1):
    https://www.freebasic.net/forum/view...hp?f=8&t=25215

HTH

Olaf

Lively Member

I created an automatic software under VBA (which recognizes Chinese) and I had the 100,600 lines of the database translated from Chinese to English.

So it's going !!

PowerPoster

I created an automatic software under VBA (which recognizes Chinese) and I had the 100,600 lines of the database translated from Chinese to English.
    Guess our postings have overlapped... (so, please look at the link I've provided in the posting above yours).

More frankly spoken: ... there is no english-translation needed!
    (because the original of that IDE is in english, last release only 3 days ago).

The chinese version is only a derivate of it (easily seen, e.g. when you look at the ToolBar-Icons).

Olaf

Hyperactive Member

Regards
    the vb6 sirk mini 20192020 is an chinese version, do you really need it?

Lively Member

For jedifuk and vb56390 and loquat

You missed post 46

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...ly-for-testing

https://github.com/VykosX/ModernVB/releases

Tab "Realese"

Footer "Assets"

Everything is explained in the folders

Regards
    We just download the release package, but the patcher seems didn't work that maybe the diffrent MD5 of the VB6.EXE file, and if I don't check the checksum validation and patched the file, then open it , the message show that there is a referer request from the server! and then program ended.
    So I think there was something different with my vb6.exe which is download from MS the link givvend by LinkFX and yours .
    My files(version of : 9782): MD5
    vb6.exe : 3F36E40B7A9FB6FB87E93241D258B35C
    vba6.dll : CAC38827BCD9F710EAE33F949F96EF96
    vb6ide.dll : 278E2CB9140BEEB92C5397B4D8B86D3A

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
    IMO, this is only a "chinese-translation" of "WinFBE for FreeBasic"
    (written in a team-effort by Paul Squires and Jose Roca)...

This IDEs first release was posted in 2016 - and is still actively maintained
    (see this longer thread here, in the FreeBasic-Forum - Links to recent versions are in Post #1):
    https://www.freebasic.net/forum/view...hp?f=8&t=25215

HTH

Olaf
    I know WinFBE or VISUALFBEeditor but they are both pure FreeBasic oriented and I am unable to write 20 lines!

WinFBE is not practical to use (no printing and no debugger)

VisualFBEeditor is oriented VB.net (with Printing and debugger)

With VisualFreeBasic, despite that half is in Chinese, I find my programming under VB6 at 80% (for me it is a significant interest), I can easily convert VB6 and the environment is comfortable, despite everything no printing or debugging.

This is only my impression and it engages only me, but despite the handicap of the Chinese, I much prefer VisualFREBasic5.

For me it only needs a VB6 level debugger.

Lively Member

aesthetic comparison
    Name:  IDEs.jpg
Views: 1318
Size:  37.1 KB
    Last edited by camomille; Apr 30th, 2020 at 03:44 AM.

Lively Member

the vb6 sirk mini 20192020 is an chinese version, do you really need it?
    No thanks, but it is interesting to know that you can use Baidu.

Lively Member

To reiterate. For everyone currently having issues with ModernVB. Use the English version of VB6. No other versions will currently work.

Since there's a popular demand, I'll eventually make patches for Spanish, French and Chinese, as well as update the ModernVB addin to support other languages (it also only supports English at the moment). This process takes considerable time so you'll have to wait a while.

In the meantime, I'm temporarily providing pre-patched binaries for the English version. This is not ideal because these will get stale as new updates are released, but until such time as the other language patches are available, I'm leaving these as an option for those who were not able to patch correctly.

Download pre-patched Binaries

P.S. You still need to download the latest release from GitHub and follow the included instructions. It is not sufficient to simply replace these files. This is just one step in the installation of ModernVB.
    Last edited by LinkFX; Apr 29th, 2020 at 11:30 AM.

Hyperactive Member

First you have to acquire the original English VB6 files. They're available for free from the VB6 SP6 pack downloadable from Microsoft. Extract the .cab files to retrieve the original VB6.EXE, VBA6.DLL and VB6IDE.DLL files. Patch those with the supplied xdelta files then open them in Resource Hacker and extract the resources. Then you can apply the extracted resources to your local files. That would transfer over most of the the changes.

The only thing you'd be missing then is the assembly patch for VB6.exe to load the new 24-bit images, otherwise it will load them in reduced 4-bit color. This step is a fair bit more complex however and requires a good knowlege of computer internals to perform. To perform this patch you must open VB6.EXE (post resource patching) into a disassembler like OllyDbg, IDA Pro or x64dbg and locate the calls to LoadImageW that load the bitmap resources 6000, 6700 and 6701, which all need to be patched. I recommend using API Monitor intercepting that specific API until you see it load the relevant resources. You can then obtain the correct offsets for the calls from API Monitor. After you have the offsets, you have to edit the VB6.exe executable with your disassembler of choice and replace the fuLoad parameter in those calls, to ensure it pushes LR_CREATEDIBSECTION onto the stack. Depending on your executable's binary code this may involve some very basic assembly control flow rerouting to fit.
    i have done most of the resource replacing work.
    but there are two problems.
    1.for vb6.exe, icon group 1200, has 2 icons original, but your icon group has 8 icons. my question is, does the icons number and id in the icon group matter? if answser is yes, then how to fix the icon id in icon group.
    2.for vb6.exe, loadImageW, i can not do that myself, have tried. is there any easy way? or does that matters a lot?

Hyperactive Member

i have done most of the resource replacing work.
    but there are two problems.
    1.for vb6.exe, icon group 1200, has 2 icons original, but your icon group has 8 icons. my question is, does the icons number and id in the icon group matter? if answser is yes, then how to fix the icon id in icon group.
    2.for vb6.exe, loadImageW, i can not do that myself, have tried. is there any easy way? or does that matters a lot?
    i have found that the 1st question above is need to fix, because i found my add menu in project explorer(ctrl+r) still show old icons.

Lively Member

To reiterate. For everyone currently having issues with ModernVB. Use the English version of VB6. No other versions will currently work.

Since there's a popular demand, I'll eventually make patches for Spanish, French and Chinese, as well as update the ModernVB addin to support other languages (it also only supports English at the moment). This process takes considerable time so you'll have to wait a while.

In the meantime, I'm temporarily providing pre-patched binaries for the English version. This is not ideal because these will get stale as new updates are released, but until such time as the other language patches are available, I'm leaving these as an option for those who were not able to patch correctly.

Download pre-patched Binaries

P.S. You still need to download the latest release from GitHub and follow the included instructions. It is not sufficient to simply replace these files. This is just one step in the installation of ModernVB.
    I download the package and the pre-patched files which you given,then step by 1-4 (in step3 just replace the file with you given),the error accured again
    Name:  mVB6_err.png
Views: 1168
Size:  17.8 KB
    Just mean that there is a referer request from the server! Click OK and then the program ended.

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by vb56390 View Post
    I download the package and the pre-patched files which you given,then step by 1-4 (in step3 just replace the file with you given),the error accured again
    Name:  mVB6_err.png
Views: 1168
Size:  17.8 KB
    Just mean that there is a referer request from the server! Click OK and then the program ended.
    No idea. Must be some incompatibility in your OS or something. Wait for the next release with the Chinese patch and try that.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
    Guess our postings have overlapped... (so, please look at the link I've provided in the posting above yours).

More frankly spoken: ... there is no english-translation needed!
    (because the original of that IDE is in english, last release only 3 days ago).

The chinese version is only a derivate of it (easily seen, e.g. when you look at the ToolBar-Icons).

Olaf
    This is a brand new ide editor. It's not just translating a foreign software into Chinese. Just like vb6, we can write a plug-in to enhance the functionality of vb6 ide, or we can rewrite a brand new IDe, but using the same compiler.

PowerPoster

vb7,vfb"visual freebasic":
    Tab control to fix the binding window, the window name for the Chinese can not compile the problem.And setting child windows.
    Added MsgBox function for VB6 compatibility
    In the new menu editor, set the icon to the font.(If it is a custom font, you need to load the font in the start module first.)
    Fixed window never active property, not perfect, improved initial display and Visible property, responded to WM _ MOUSEACTIVate to ensure no focus.
    Modify the window class to support the W character ClassName WindowPlacementSave WindowPlacementLoad.
    Add the open project tab, library tab and help tab, etc the mouse moves above prompts related information.
    Modifying the color picker, switching to System and Reference will automatically select a color entry based on the color.
    New window shadow, multi-level shadow selection, automatic foreground when the shadow, automatic background when the shadow light.Supports XP system, suitable for adding shadow effect to borderless windows.[Highlights]
    Add HH _ SuperRunExe function with system authority to run EXE
    Fixed ListView control, editing does not display the contents of the list and the grid and check box does not display the problem.
    New ListView control, LVN _ ItemActivate event
    Modify the bookmark list to use a ListView control instead
    Correction Code

PowerPoster

Since the birth of VisualFreeBasic5 from FreeBASIC for more than a decade, its IDE has been in the state of code editor, there is no automatic processing, in addition to senior programming experts can use, novice can not start, can not know where to start. It was not until 2015 that the FireFly software developed by American Paul Squiz greatly simplified FB programming so that novice could also write software in FB. Although FireFly has brought great progress to FB's IDE, but many are not satisfactory, it is really difficult to use, so it took more than two years to patch FireFly in 2016, because there is no source code, it can only be repaired with DLL combined with plug-in technology. A lot of experience in IDE has also been accumulated in the study of FireFly. Since FireFly 3.X patch, changed for more than 2 years has been very mature, named VisualFreeBasic 4.X, but because there is no IDE source code, can not continue to improve, add better functionality, so in June 2019, from scratch, it took five months to write VFB5, in VFB4 (with experience and imitation, and with a lot of previous code written for FireFly, only a short time to write, if nothing, because Yong Fang wrote it alone. It is expected that for at least a year), a stable beta version has been produced, so VisualFreeBasic5 was born. Programming is endless, life is endless, and VisualFreeBasic is going to get better and better, and it's going to be better and better. A lot of people wonder? FireFly 3.X has not been updated for so many years? Yes, no update, because FireFly is developed with PowerBASIC, not FreeBASIC, Paul Squiz wants to use FreeBASIC to develop, starting in 2017 to develop software called WinFBE, and open source, but the development efficiency is too low, three years later, the software looks still semi-finished, and only suitable for experts to play, novice can not play at all, and seriously deviated from the original FireFly way.

PowerPoster

just like powerbasic,can make 64 bit application. But there is no way to visually design the form to write code just like a notepad editor, there is no smart prompt function at all. It should be said that he has a relatively powerful compiler, but IDe is really garbage.

In fact, relatively speaking. Really want to do a good job, from the compiler to the IDE, as well as help documentation, the forum community to do a good job in all directions, really not easy.

In this regard, China has button wizard, easy language, there are many self-created, some IDE and rapid development tools.
    在这方面,如果我们能够做到像。In this respect, if we can do the same as Super Apple's cell phone design.That's pretty good, too.Learn from each other's strengths and weaknesses, first from imitation, and then beyond.I always do my own, never learn the advantages of others.That hotel is going to be eliminated, and it is very difficult to use.

This is how Microsoft did it, and Google Chrome became the world's number one within a few years. But Microsoft is still doing its own thing, it can be said that there has never been innovation, just like Intel CPU squeezed toothpaste. The good thing about Google Chrome is that they never learn. The slower and slower their products are, they are very crap.

PowerPoster

Languages "e", this is a Chinese programming language, just like VB6 syntax.
    The second piece of software is like "auto3":
    Key wizard is a simulation of the mouse and keyboard action software.By making a script, you can let the button wizard replace your hands and automatically execute a series of mouse and keyboard actions.

Keysprites are easy to use and require no programming knowledge to make powerful scripts.As long as you use both hands in front of the computer can complete the action, button wizard can be replaced to complete.

PowerPoster

A good ide code editor is not just a simple interface beautification.Just like the appearance design of Apple's mobile phone, you don't copy it casually, and then Android's mobile phone is the same as Apple's?Just like China WPS, similar to office software. After more than 20 years of efforts, the shares finally went public, worth hundreds of billions. Before that, he was only limited to the Chinese government's resistance to Microsoft's monopoly in some cases. It can be said that the development cost invested for this purpose is very huge and really bottomless.For a long time there was no hope of profit at all.In the development of programming IDE, it is very difficult to improve the function.For example, Xiaomi 8 mobile phone, Apple's desert background picture, change the color, this will become a snow mountain? And the design is very similar to apple.Plagiarism design is also a kind of progress sometimes. At least it means that you want to do the same or better as him.In recent years, Nokia has been flipping over screens and keyboards. Do not want to be enterprising, do not despise the progress of others.If we want to create a new era of IDE, like visual studio 2019, like Delphi, it is not a kind of progress.The key is to develop ide. It's really hard to make money from it, and the development cost is quite expensive. Even large companies can't last for years.

PowerPoster

I want to make the ide interface cooler and trendier. , The best way is to write add-in plugin. You can replace all the menus and the toolbar above. Rewrite an ide interface yourself, hide the original vb6 development tool interface, only use its code editor, and visual form design. Most of the menus and toolbars can be controlled by add-in.

Fanatic Member

I remember that I have seen a version called vb6.5 before. Also modified the vba. Dll resource file. I think I will find it in my backup!

Lively Member

VB6.5 is stopped

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...spaces-release

Regarding VFB 5.2.12

It is true that if everyone in the world could join hands (especially specialists like LinkFX, Schmidt, etc.) with Yongfang, we would have a 64-bit VB6 with modern design and functions.

Its latest version released today is even closer to VB6.

Alain

Here is an example of VB6 to VFB5 conversion (not finished) done in a few hours
    The program has about 2000 lines and the rewrite of 1000 lines in a few days without tearing your hair and fingers in the nose !

Name:  conv_VB6_VFB.jpg
Views: 1137
Size:  64.0 KB

Comfort for working with GDI, GDI +

Name:  VFB5_GDI.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  53.9 KB
    Last edited by camomille; May 1st, 2020 at 04:47 AM.

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by SomeYguy View Post
    Interesting project. I personally have no problems with the VB6 IDE. When I'm busy working on code, I don't notice much about the IDE beyond whatever I'm working on and therefore don't really miss any so-called modernization, eye candy, etc. but I can see where it might be appealing.....
    As probably the most green and stumbling poster here, my thoughts exactly. The standard IDE does all I want, but I can see how someone adventurous might be attracted to it. Too cluttered for me... Obviously heaps of work though!
    Thanks all !

Lively Member

Just to clarify,

my favorite language is VB6 / VBA, I only find 4 faults in the IDE for quick programming
    (my first parameter is to quickly test the project)

1) Undo limited to 20 (Ctrl Z)
    2) No deletion of the execution window (debug.print debugging)
    3) The touchpad is not recognized (lots of solutions that don't work)
    4) IDE windows are difficult to tame

For the 1 the solution:
    Search VBA6.dll with a Hexa editor for the Hexa string "83FB140F8743C1FCFF8B4D0C" and change the "14" to "7F".
    For 2 and 3:
    MZ Tool 8
    For the 4:
    Hope with ModernVB thanks to LinkFX

This does not prevent me from being interested in any IDE that will do better and more comfortable in a language close to VB6 and this is the case with VisualFreeBasic.
    I started a small non-exhaustive comparison table:

main differences
    VB6 ** VFB5

VB6 DIM a AS LONG,b AS LONG,c AS LONG,d AS LONG,e AS LONG
    VFB5 DIM AS LONG a,b,c,d,e

VB6 DIM a AS LONG : a = 100
    VFB5 DIM AS LONG a = 100

VB6 DIM a AS VARIANT : a = ARRAY("a","b","c","d","e")
    VFB5 DIM a(4) AS STRING = {"a","b","c",d","e"}

VB6 DIM abcdefghijklmnop AS LONG : abcdefghijklmnop =10 : abcdefghijklmnop = abcdefghijklmnop +1
    VFB5 DIM AS LONG abcdefghijklmnop = 10 : abcdefghijklmnop += 1

VB6 debug.print
    VFB5 printa

Benefits VFB5
    no plugin (everything is incorporated) :
    Colors code
    Multi Tabs
    Intellisense
    Mouse,touchpad compatibles
    visual lines WITH, FOR, SELECT, CASE, etc.
    Clearing / copying the execution window
    Tool for create Tabs (number,name,position,img)
    Tool for img/icon on tabs or others controls
    Custom main Controls (completely virgin)
    integrates all GDI, GDI + functions with Intellisense
    Specifics controls :MultiShapes, Winhook,Trayicon,custom,Sqlite3,WinInet,Webbrowser,IPcontrol
    Sqlite3 integrated
    Compatible VB6 Code (90%) and C code
    32 and 64 Bits
    No installation
    Tools provided :Spy,ControlSpy,fbedebugger,xdbg,depends,hash,compilers Freebasic

Lack VFB5
    no interpreter, only compiler
    no debugging (use external fbedebugger)
    no code printing
    no variant so no type mixing
    no collections so no FOR EACH
    Last edited by camomille; May 1st, 2020 at 06:24 AM.

Lively Member

1. Very useful recommendation for extending the Undo limit. I'll make that patch and include in future releases.
    2. If you mean the immediate window clearing upon project launch, there's dozens of addins, including free ones that do this already.
    3. Not sure what do you mean by touch pad. Do you mean touch screen? Or mouse wheel support? Tons of addins and external software for this also.
    4. This was already implemented in ModernVB and is already available.

For my part, whatever can be fixed or improved upon via add-in or patches is something I'm willing to consider. Improvements to the language itself sadly would require a new compiler. I really don't understand why so many people set off to create brand new IDE drop-in replacements for VB instead of just writing a compatible compiler. Even an updated 64bit compiler that is compatible with VB6 syntax but doesn't support some of the more advanced, unorthodox features would be fine. It could also only be used for final compilation instead and leave the standard compiler for debugging, at the cost of some notable variation in compiled and debug versions.

It's really a huge shame this VFB5 project is written in Chinese rather than English. I'd love to contribute to it, but that's honestly a deal breaker.
    Last edited by LinkFX; May 1st, 2020 at 07:00 AM.

Lively Member

1. Very useful recommendation for extending the Undo limit. I'll make that patch and include in future releases.
    2. If you mean the immediate window clearing upon project launch, there's dozens of addins, including free ones that do this already.
    3. Not sure what do you mean by touch pad. Do you mean touch screen? Or mouse wheel support? Tons of addins and external software for this also.
    4. This was already implemented in ModernVB and is already available.

For my part, whatever can be fixed or improved upon via add-in or patches is something I'm willing to consider. Improvements to the language itself sadly would require a new compiler. I really don't understand why so many people set off to create brand new IDE drop-in replacements for VB instead of just writing a compatible compiler. Even an updated 64bit compiler that is compatible with VB6 syntax but doesn't support some of the more advanced, unorthodox features would be fine. It could also only be used for final compilation instead and leave the standard compiler for debugging, at the cost of some notable variation in compiled and debug versions.

It's really a huge shame this VFB5 project is written in Chinese rather than English. I'd love to contribute to it, but that's honestly a deal breaker.
    For 1,I am not the author
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...undos-in-VBIDE

For 2, it is the execution window at the bottom, if we use a debug.print in a loop of 1000, we find 1000 lines in this window difficult to read but more difficult to erase.
    MZTool 8 has a very practical eraser for this function.

For the 3, it is the wheel which does not work in all windows (touchpad for my laptop), I tried 20 solutions, only MZTool 8 does not pose any problem.

how to use the C2.EXE compiler :

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...spaces-release

For the compiler, the subject was raised 3 years ago by loquat :

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...basic-language.

@loquat Is there anything new in China on C2.EXE ?
    Last edited by camomille; May 1st, 2020 at 08:26 AM.

Lively Member

Translation is progressive
    I contacted Yongfang the designer of VFB5 and he says that when he has solved all the problems,
    everything will be translated into English, currently, there are already 2 possibilities:

Name:  Lang.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  43.4 KB

I designed a small program which recovers all the Chinese words in the exe and which translates them to me, it works very well but the difficulty is the replacement of the bytes because on average it takes 2 times more bytes for English and 3 times for the French therefore truncated,so I prefer to wait complet translate.
    Today, it can be used without problems, everything is functional.
    Last edited by camomille; May 1st, 2020 at 08:40 AM.

Lively Member

What's the expected ETA on the English translation? If they set up a GitHub with the full code, and all text is in English both on the interface and source code, I'd gladly contribute.

I still feel like they're going the way way by reimplementing the IDE first instead of going towards a compiler and interpreter and simply reusing the VB6 IDE or hooking into something like VSCode with an external form designer plugin.

Lively Member

What's the expected ETA on the English translation? If they set up a GitHub with the full code, and all text is in English both on the interface and source code, I'd gladly contribute.

I still feel like they're going the way way by reimplementing the IDE first instead of going towards a compiler and interpreter and simply reusing the VB6 IDE or hooking into something like VSCode with an external form designer plugin.
    Unfortunately, I do not have much more information because it is xiaoyao who contacted me in February to confirm that the English version was to the program and actually gradually it was translated.

He also gave me the number of the development group:

QQ group ID: 78458582

For my part, I subscribed to the QQ code which only allows me to download the program with each new version
    but that did not allow me to join the group with the link communicated by xiaoyao.

https://jq.qq.com/?_wv=1027&k=5h3Lt1N

Only xiaoyao can help understand how to join the group and see their need for development.

Tried to contact him in MP

There is a GitHub but I don't believe there is a source.

I was able to communicate with the designer through the local forum

Last edited by camomille; May 1st, 2020 at 10:25 AM.

PowerPoster

VFB5 DIM AS LONG a,b,c,d,e

VFB5 DIM AS LONG a = 100

VFB5 DIM a(4) AS STRING = {"a","b","c",d","e"}

VFB5 DIM AS LONG abcdefghijklmnop = 10 : abcdefghijklmnop += 1
    VFB5: Dim As Long a, b, c, d, e
    I prefer: Dim a, b, a, d, e As Long

VFB5: DIM AS LONG a = 100
    I prefer: Dim a As long = 100 Or Dim a = 100

VFB5: DIM a(4) AS STRING = {"a","b","c",d","e"}
    I prefer: Dim a(4) As String = ["a","b","c",d","e"]

VFB5: DIM AS LONG abcdefghijklmnop = 10 : abcdefghijklmnop += 1
    I prefer: Dim abcdefghijklmnop = 10: abcdefghijklmnop += 1
    or: abcdefghijklmnop := 10: abcdefghijklmnop += 1

Golang variable declaration:
    Code:
    (1) Complete declaration and assignment
    var a int
    a = 1

(2)  Declare variable type and assign value
    var a int = 1

var a, b int = 3, 4
    var s, t string = "abc", "def"

(3) Do not declare type, determine when assigning value
    var a = 1
    var a, b, c, s = 3, 4, true, "def"

(4) Do not use the var keyword to declare variables, but to determine the type after assignment
    a := 1
    a, b, c, s := 3, 4, true, "def"
    IMO, VFB's variable declaration is a bit weird, while Golang's variable declaration is very elegant.

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreammanor View Post
    VFB5: Dim As Long a, b, c, d, e
    I prefer: Dim a, b, a, d, e As Long

VFB5: DIM AS LONG a = 100
    I prefer: Dim a As long = 100 Or Dim a = 100

VFB5: DIM a(4) AS STRING = {"a","b","c",d","e"}
    I prefer: Dim a(4) As String = ["a","b","c",d","e"]

VFB5: DIM AS LONG abcdefghijklmnop = 10 : abcdefghijklmnop += 1
    I prefer: Dim abcdefghijklmnop = 10: abcdefghijklmnop += 1
    or: abcdefghijklmnop := 10: abcdefghijklmnop += 1

Golang variable declaration:
    Code:
    (1) Complete declaration and assignment
    var a int
    a = 1

(2)  Declare variable type and assign value
    var a int = 1

var a, b int = 3, 4
    var s, t string = "abc", "def"

(3) Do not declare type, determine when assigning value
    var a = 1
    var a, b, c, s = 3, 4, true, "def"

(4) Do not use the var keyword to declare variables, but to determine the type after assignment
    a := 1
    a, b, c, s := 3, 4, true, "def"
    IMO, VFB's variable declaration is a bit weird, while Golang's variable declaration is very elegant.
    VFB5 allows 2 possibilities:

DIM AS Long a, b, c, d, e or DIM a, b, c, d, e AS Long

But I'm not all experienced yet

PowerPoster

vfb like vc++,not vb6。It's totally different.
    You want to replace the IDe icon in VB6, which is simply to make the development tool cooler. If you really want to, the easiest way is to write a vb6 add-in。
    You can write a brand new interface, just keep the code editor, and drag and drop control function of the form. Or use vfb to develop a code conversion tool, turn vb6 code into code, support 64-bit compilation, perfect multi-threading, etc., massive vc header files, code can be used (need to be converted into fb code ().

PowerPoster

Science and technology have no national boundaries, and sometimes it is a joke. When the United States saw how fast Huawei's 5G communication technology was developing, it directly used the excuse that there were security problems, and then suppressed them with all its strength.The US also banned the sale of Huawei phones in the US. The battle between java and Microsoft.net has been a naked and malicious competition for many times. They are all at war, so the best VB6 development language is abandoned. If you support 64-bit and multi-threading, it is perfect.
    powerbasic, freebasic, only implement the basic compiler, code editor, form designer, these functions have not yet completed 5%, very difficult to use. Just like the code editor that comes with Python is a notepad tool, it is completely useless.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast