Page 75 of 137 FirstFirst ... 25657273747576777885125 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 3,000 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

King of sapila

Re: [RESOLVED] Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

You get pneumonia you are admitted you are diagnosed with covid (35.000$ bonus per covid case?) ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wCf2X0kL90

EU looking into new possible side-effects of mRNA COVID-19 shots:

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...es-2021-08-11/

20,595 DEAD 1.9 Million Injured (50% SERIOUS) Reported in European Union’s Database of Adverse Drug Reactions for COVID-19 Shots:

https://vaccineimpact.com/2021/20595...ovid-19-shots/

Deadly Lambda variant could be neutralizing vaccines, new study says:

https://nypost.com/2021/08/12/deadly...ine-resistant/

Also a link to a guitar repair shop I'm looking in to:

https://el-gr.facebook.com/GASPickups/

Lately more and more publications talking about anti covid in Greece are cut out from social media.
    I'm not using any social media whatsoever so they can't block me too.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    You get pneumonia you are admitted you are diagnosed with covid (35.000$ bonus per covid case?) ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wCf2X0kL90
    Youtube is Kate Dalley, a known Anti-Vax promoter and is often on Alex jone's radio show - he is also well know as a right wing, conspiracy theorist. It is hardly a reputable source of data and honest opinion.

EU looking into new possible side-effects of mRNA COVID-19 shots:

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...es-2021-08-11/
    They are looking into it because issues were "reported by a small number of people" not a large or dangerous number, this is just normal behaviour after any vaccine, medicine, etc. is brought into use.

20,595 DEAD 1.9 Million Injured (50% SERIOUS) Reported in European Union’s Database of Adverse Drug Reactions for COVID-19 Shots:

https://vaccineimpact.com/2021/20595...ovid-19-shots/
    VaccineImpact.com is another known source of pseudoscience and anti-vax propaganda, the numbers it claims are not substantiated by the reports themselves as the reports actually state at the top
    A report of a suspected ADR to the Yellow Card scheme does not necessarily
    mean that it was caused by the vaccine, only that the reporter has a suspicion
    it may have. Underlying or previously undiagnosed illness unrelated to vaccination
    can also be factors in such reports. The relative number and nature of reports
    should therefore not be used to compare the safety of the different vaccines.
    All reports are kept under continual review in order to identify possible new risks
    the report states outright that there shouldn't be any direct conclusions to safety drawn from them. Also the website constantly uses the term "experimental vaccine" which is a complete untruth and immediately brings their impartiality into question. Also fails to define what "injured" by a vaccine actually means.

Deadly Lambda variant could be neutralizing vaccines, new study says:

https://nypost.com/2021/08/12/deadly...ine-resistant/
    The headline isn't in agreement with the article content, the article doesn't claim that the new variant is neutralising the vaccine just that is is resistant, similar to the delta variant. It also recommends vaccines as a way to minimise the risk to health. In fact it even states "concluded that the mRNA vaccine in particular is thought to effectively neutralize the Lambda variant." which completely contradicts the headline.

Also a link to a guitar repair shop I'm looking in to:

https://el-gr.facebook.com/GASPickups/

Lately more and more publications talking about anti covid in Greece are cut out from social media.
    pretty cool looking place.

Technically, if somebody writes "neutralizing a vaccine", that's a pretty good indication that you should skip over the article. I could probably come up with some joke to ridicule a statement like that, but it wouldn't be about being funny, it would be about ridiculing the statement. Such a statement is pretty clear evidence that the writer doesn't understand the subject.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Social Media the hothouse of misinformation, conspiracy theories and out right lies.

Its such a shame that so many people look to Social media to get there news today, when the sources of the so called news have no legal requirements on them as to checking sources of information and making sure that they are not making false claims.

They should regulate them like all the other news outlets and make them responsible for news posted on there platform, that would stop all this nonsense.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

PowerPoster

You had me right up until you recommended a big cup of State run media as an alternative.

King of sapila

I just post the links, it's your job to be in deni...err to figure if it suit your nee....errr to comment on them.

I like the social media part answers commented. We should definitely regulate them with an "on top" government agency that way the "right" news will suffice and not the misinformation. That was a quote from Hitler - Goebbels but it's proly and coincidence. Of course not saying that answers knew that, their country suffered enough from Germans, not like we did but enough.

King of sapila

Since Plausibly is on the roll of doubting everything, try to doubt this, from last month:

Yesterday(mid July) France 70.000.000 people 22 deaths, Greece 10.000.000 people 8 deaths.

Covid is not a pandemic anymore. Jean Michel Claverie, iologist(aka virologist), founder of the France institute of iology(aka virology), Director of research on CNRS (Centre national de la recherche scientifique).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F551T8B5d2Y

I just post the links, it's your job to be in deni...err to figure if it suit your nee....errr to comment on them.

I like the social media part answers commented. We should definitely regulate them with an "on top" government agency that way the "right" news will suffice and not the misinformation. That was a quote from Hitler - Goebbels but it's proly and coincidence. Of course not saying that answers knew that, their country suffered enough from Germans, not like we did but enough.
    I read / watched the links, once you get past the clickbait headlines and antivax rhetoric then the truth is a lot more in line with expert opinion. The vaccines help to protect the population, aren't experimental, aren't causing thousands of deaths, and aren't enabling 5G phone masts to track our locations.

You aren't just posting links, you are posting links containing poorly researched information and outright antivax propaganda, while also quoting the most headline grabbing and unsubstantiated parts.

King of sapila

How about commenting on the above expert?

Edit, just saw it. Don't get cute commenting on 5g.
    Last edited by sapator; Aug 17th, 2021 at 11:50 AM.

Not had chance to watch the video yet, so I have no comment to make until I have seen it.

King of sapila

4 min vid but OK, I could help. He is a old scientist lose his mind and saying nonsense. He will soon lose his institute director job for spreading anti vax news.
    What the.......!!!!!!!!! Ahahahahahahahhaha!!!! That was great! Just saw a dialog on a government channel. Presenter and sold out scientist, presenter slipped and asks how can we protect ourselves and build the immunity wall from Delta that is bypassing vaccines and makes both vax and non vax infected . That is NOT on the sold out media agenda. The scientist started moving his eyes in and out of his eye sockets and burning green smoke from his brain, saying "errr vaccines are the only way to protect blah blah" that was hilarious!!!
    Oh yes we get that also here, building immunity wall from delta and not getting covid. Oh boy that was funny... Blip blip blip pssss psssss.
    Last edited by sapator; Aug 17th, 2021 at 01:25 PM.

King of sapila

Stefanos Tsitsipas Greek tennis player, no3 in world list was one of the persons the sold out government selected for the covid campaign last year.
    He now said on an interview that he will only vaccinate if it becomes mandatory. Sold out government smoked out and told the sold out media to start hitting.
    They are now trying to make him look like a clown.
    We hopefully learned our lesson with mandato vax and fires so their time is coming soon.
    Head civil protection for fires and covid Mr Hardalias aka calfhead was admitted to the hospital today with ischemic episode. Apparently all the curses of the Greek people did,... No, I mean I wish him all the best, get well and soon in jail, healthy.
    Last edited by sapator; Aug 17th, 2021 at 12:35 PM.

King of sapila

PowerPoster

Conclusion:

But to people who are unvaccinated? You're pretty much screwed.

King of sapila

Yes endemic. We are as screwed as with the common flu from now on.
    Where is Dr Fat? I want more Dr Fat, he is hilarious!

Get read US of A for the third dose. Thriiiird dose, we got a thiiird dose, u-haaa!

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/16/p...ion/index.html

And by administering a third dose the story of vaccine immunity wall goes bye bye.

You had me right up until you recommended a big cup of State run media as an alternative.
    I wasn't suggesting turning them into state run media, just enforcing reasonable fact & source checking by a regulator.

Whether thats by an existing body or a new one setup to make sure that Social Media companies are responsible for News posted on there platform I dont really care.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

Really ??

When I go to buy something on the Internet and its from a company I have never heard of before, I look the company up, I see where they are based, I check there reviews so I know they are trustworthy and i wont get ripped off when I buy from them.

I do the same with News and it amazes me more people do not.

Maybe In Greece your Media regulator is part of the Government, in the UK the media regulator is an independent body.

A media regulator is not there to stop certain types of news, its there to make sure that News platforms follow proper journalistic practices for news in that sources and facts are properly vetted.

King of sapila

That's right. PROPER journalistic practices.
    Whatever way you look at it, no, just no.
    But I'll give you that, the nation wide media in UK are 100% more "clean" than the media in Greece.
    The media regulator is an independent body in Greece also, just so you know.
    Last edited by sapator; Aug 18th, 2021 at 06:20 AM.

King of sapila

Here is something interesting for the imprison people without vax opinionists.
    Handcuffing 12 year old children for not wearing masks in Australia. This is what you blatantly asked for the non vaxed,right?
    https://twitter.com/CenturySeedz/sta...67505551573002

That's right. PROPER journalistic practices.
    Whatever way you look at it, no, just no.
    What have you got against verifying your sources and your facts before you publish an article as if its news?

If your writing an Opinion article thats something different, but if your reporting news then you should have a duty to verify what you publish is factual, or at the very least not be publishing things you know are not factual.

I guess maybe your worried about who gets to decided on what's factual, maybe thats your issue I dont know maybe that tied in to your distrust of your government. I have a bigger problem with people who can say whatever they want on Social Media, e.g 'the Earth is perched on the back of giant turtle swimming through space', and they can post it as if its factual news. If you say 'I Believe that the Earth is perched on the back of giant turtle swimming through space' then that should be ok.

There is just so much content on Social Media and on Facebook in particular that is being posted as if its factual news, lots of people believe it at face value without even knowing the source of much of this information and I think its problematic.

I dont even have a Facebook account, but have lost count of the number of time over the last year I have had friends and acquaintances tell be about stuff they have read on there that is patently false and many of them believe it without any questioning or verification.

Get read US of A for the third dose. Thriiiird dose, we got a thiiird dose, u-haaa!

And by administering a third dose the story of vaccine immunity wall goes bye bye.
    I'm not sure what your point is here. Were you thinking that we believed the vaccine was magic? Just to be clear: I always understood that viruses can evolve, and that they will evolve to get around our immune system. That's how they came into being, after all. Changing to deal with new viruses is how our immune system works, as well. Because of that, our immune systems will always be a step behind ANY virus, because they can't learn to defend against it until it infects us.

A vaccine is allowing our immune system to train against a specific attack before the specific attack actually happens. The real beauty of the mRNA vaccines is their ability to be rapidly modified to provide updated training against updated viruses. The virus will keep evolving, but the mRNA vaccine can turn as fast as they do. For that reason, I have always favored a third dose, and am already in favor of a fourth, fifth, and so on dose so long as the virus keeps mutating.

So, to be totally clear: I have always favored more doses to deal with variations in the virus and still do. That's the whole advantage that the mRNA vaccines provided.

Having said that, let me also state that one unknown that always existed with this, or any other, vaccine, is the question of how long the effect lasts. Our immune systems can, and do, 'forget' about certain threats. We know that the rate of forgetting is different for different attackers, and we have known that for as long as we have had vaccines...and viruses, for that matter. Some things need boosters annually, some are once in a lifetime, and some (such as tetanus) are roughly seven years. Since we don't fully understand how our immune systems forget, we can't predict how long any particular vaccine will remain effective, and the ONLY way we can know is to give it years, or even decades. We simply haven't had COVID around long enough to have that data, and there's no shortcut to getting that data. So, booster shots were always an unknown, and will be until we have at least a decade of experience with COVID. In other words, we should better understand the specifics around COVID by about 2030. Perhaps by then we'll have computer models such that it will take less than a decade to get a decade's worth of experience, but we aren't there, yet.

So, to sum it up: What are you talking about? I was ALWAYS in favor of a third dose. Were you thinking I would be disappointed by the possibility that we might need one? If so, let me be perfectly clear: I am ALREADY in favor of a fourth and fifth shot, not just a third shot.

PowerPoster

Immunity also varies by disease, based on the characteristics of a given disease.

Polio is an example of a different case from coronavirus diseases. The Polio vaccine confers a sterilizing immunity, so-called because it all but prevents infection. That's because Polio takes a long time to get into the bloodstream after exposure and it is only able to multiply after getting into the bloodstream.

Coronavirus diseases are different. They can accumulate and multiply in the mucus of the nose, mouth, throat, and lungs so exposures can ramp up to high loads before getting into the bloodstream. Immunity will always be more limited, which is why we still can get cold symptoms from the common cold viruses even though we have acquired immunity.

Of course even then immunity limits the severity of the coronavirus infection because it starts to attack the virus once it gets into your blood or into relatively engorged tissue sites (for example alveoli) where blood-borne infection fighting cells and compounds (T-cells, interferons, antibodies) can attack it.

Sure, that's an oversimplification. First it is a deep topic and second I'm not an immunologist.

King of sapila

I wasn't addressed to you Shaggy. I know your opinion about mr.Nay. Yes if conduct decade studies I should come back here and accept that I was wrong.
    But if you starting growing a taste for brains, how would you come back here and apologize? A vaxbie hitting the keyboard writting "braaaaiiiinnssss (aka I'm sorry) would look like this. DFDSFDSFFDBRRRRaaafdldfokfdokiinnnnnds[ssssX99-32=9.

I really can't understand answers. You keep telling the poem to verify my sources. You keep trying to make me look, I don't know what you want me to look with comments like the earth on a turtle.
    Do I need your seal of approval? What exactly do you want me to do?
    Let's get to the last posts I made.

1)Our world in data charts shown the decline of Delta mortality. You kept saying it was as lethal, it's not.
    2)French director of virology. What is to verify here? Do you want me to translate him?
    3)Twitter shown 12 year olders handcuffed for not wearing a mask. How exactly do I need to verify that so it would pass answers seal of approval?
    It will certainly not show on systemic media, there is no disproof on any comment below the article. Should I go to Australia do a report and get back to see if it is authentic? Do I have to fill in your seal of approval paper and then get permission,hmm? What exactly do you want me to do? Dance naked in the rain?
    You just keep doing what you do best here , that is disproving everything that is non vax related but don't take it on me, take in on yourself.
    If you don't like the articles it's fine, I won't like any articles you may post as they won't have my seal of approval also, how's that?

That come out a little harsh, I apologize but that earth on a turtle comment and the 5G one before, what is the point of that? I can imagine but that won't do.

P.S. Covid immunity is as possible as other types of flu and covid immunity. Isn't it?

Edit: I forgot to mention that the fires keep burning in Greece. Shaggy, the burned forest is as wide as 20% of all of Greece green. Have we surpasses your fires by analogy?
    Last edited by sapator; Aug 18th, 2021 at 11:56 AM.

PowerPoster

Contains a current COVID scenario recap... well in fact COVID dominates this video:

Last edited by dilettante; Aug 18th, 2021 at 12:31 PM.

But if you starting growing a taste for brains, how would you come back here and apologize? A vaxbie hitting the keyboard writting "braaaaiiiinnssss (aka I'm sorry) would look like this. DFDSFDSFFDBRRRRaaafdldfokfdokiinnnnnds[ssssX99-32=9.
    You don't know that. The only information we have on zombies comes from movies. The abilities of those zombies are quite broad, so it's entirely possible that I could type quite nicely. Besides, after living in a desert for so long, I won't be seeking brains so much as moisture, so it would be "Raiiiiiins..." Or maybe I'll be without undershorts, in which case it might be, "Haiiiiines...."

Edit: I forgot to mention that the fires keep burning in Greece. Shaggy, the burned forest is as wide as 20% of all of Greece green. Have we surpasses your fires by analogy?
    As a percentage burned, I think you have surpassed us pretty handily. Considering the fact that we have them every year, and are therefore used to them, I'd say that the stress on your country has exceeded ours considerably. It sounds like your death toll is much higher, too, so long as you include the fires 'in the general area', not just Greece. I think that's probably a result of us having so MUCH experience with fires and evacuations due to fires.

I just spent a week in one of the most scenic places in the US...normally. Had it been clear, some impressive peaks would have been framing the horizon. As it was, I rarely saw them, and never saw them clearly. The smoke got thicker each day. The sun was usually just a red ball, if it was even visible at all. I don't think that anybody was even fighting those fires, either. Heck, we weren't sure where the smoke was coming from. There were too many alternatives, and the smoke was such a constant thickness that it wasn't clear where it was coming from.

A cold front has mostly cleared the air, today. It'll get back to bad over the next few days.

King of sapila

It's not as much as your experience as it is our political incompetence and purpose not to put a proper civil protection agency.
    At the main Evia fire with 2 Beaufort wind scale (that is almost no wind) they did not give the go to launch the planes, that was going on for 3 days, then the wind started to blow and they decided to send the planes, of course too late. That is from thousand of resident testimonies, as far as the government concerned they did everything right. What is giving them away is that the forests that burned in multiple places i Greece were on a future plan for putting wind generators.
    Now the dictator came out and said that there is no need to burn the forest to put wind generators and that they are good for the environment!!!
    He also said that we need to replant the "proper" trees, meaning the hybrid Bayern - German drug company - ones. Well duh billions at stake for the dictator.
    Also what is pissing me off is the excuse they have.
    Climate change this climate change that....Hmmm I probably shouldn't have wrote that.

PowerPoster

Wait until your dictator gets an idea from ours.

Big wads of taxpayer cash blown on electric car charging stations all over the country for the rich because the market won't support privately built ones.

I don't agree. It's the lack of suitable charging stations that keeps me from going all electric. We have a chicken and egg problem, currently. If you get the car, you can't charge it, because nobody is going to put in the private chargers until there are enough cars...which won't happen when you can't charge them.

Some might say that the same issue existed with early gas cars, but that's not really true. At that time, there wasn't a suitable alternative. Today, there is, so not changing has no penalty, while not changing had a clear penalty when your alternative was a horse.

King of sapila

That is a whole lotta discussion. If batteries are really "cleaner" , how much percentage is used on the actual charging and how much you just waste , wasted of batteries vs waste of fuel and such.
    Personally I won't currently spend 30.000 Euros for a bucket with batteries and Tesla is over 45.000 euros and I like the vroom vroom sound anyhow...Anddd of course if I know me better I will end up with a plug in the middle of the road asking for an outlet. May I use your toilet? (And walks in with a 300 meters wire )
    About the dictator, I've read a while ago that wind generator 30 years ago produced 0,4% of the total energy of the planet while fuel produce 95% after 30 years of putting them on they now produce 1% of the total energy.

PowerPoster

That is a whole lotta discussion. If batteries are really "cleaner" , how much percentage is used on the actual charging and how much you just waste , wasted of batteries vs waste of fuel and such.
    That's debatable, the main factor is how is the electricity made. Wind, solar, hydroelectric, then electric cars are much cleaner.

Building an infrastructure to stop our reliance on fossil fuels will take a long time. It was probably @ 1950's before a quality coast to coast road system was in place. If we wait till the fuel runs out it'll be disastrous.

PowerPoster

So you want "free" government built, maintained, and supported electric car charging stations. What should they charge then? Would it be allowed to be less than the existing privately-owned charging stations? Or maybe more to help pay for upkeep and to pay the taxpayers back? Will they compete with private stations or be required to charge more? If not, what incentive will there be for private networks to expand?

Will the power they sell have the same subsidies that private stations currently enjoy at the expense of residential domestic rate-payers?

Who compensates the other drivers who can't afford to buy a new electric car? Or would there be another big whack of means-tested welfare like so many we see now? At what point will those pinched in the middle between rich and poor say No More?

Sounds like the same kind of magical thinking that gets us into one mess after another.

A more serious start at addressing the problems would be to ban guzzling danger wagons. First make all privately owned diesels illegal to register or insure. Companies and farms would need to show a legitimate reason annually. Next ban all privately owned gasoline vehicles that get less than, oh, say 35 MPG average. Same exemptions (with proof) for commercial and farm vehicles. Give them 3 years to comply, then relent and give 2 more years. Then game over.

In the interim perhaps electric or hybrid alternatives that can meet those efficiency floors might have a shot at gaining a foothold. Of course along with smaller, lighter, safer-with-few-behemoths-on-the-road gasoline vehicles until the time they can be phased out too. it should get safer for cyclists as a bonus.

PowerPoster

I drove a Civic Hybrid from May 2002 until March 2018 when I hit a deer and the insurance company totaled it. I can't recall even the worst winter getting less than 39 MPG out of a tank of gas, and normally it did far better. Nominal range of 630 miles/tank, though I rarely pushed it beyond 580. I was doing too many long trips to and from the boonies to risk that.

Aside from the powerplant/drivetrain it was all but a plain old 4-5 passenger Civic. A different spoiler and an engine underpanel to reduce resistance a bit but that was it. 2002 technology.

20 years later we can surely do as well making a 6-8 passenger 3 row vehicle for large families that gets the same efficiency. Make those today and in 5 years we'd have used cars in the pipeline for folks of modest means to acquire. By then the tech should be better and before long all-electric may even make sense.

But if you keep letting people buy jacked up SUVs and pickups it is never going to happen. People need to see them for the clownish baboonery they are and feel ashamed or at least apologetic to be seen in one.

I grew up poor. I know what it is like to be seen with 6 other kids packed into the family's '49 Chevy wheezing down the road in 1967 on its last legs.

I really can't understand answers. You keep telling the poem to verify my sources. You keep trying to make me look, I don't know what you want me to look with comments like the earth on a turtle.
    That wasn't directed specifically at you , I was talking in general about social media now becoming one of the main ways people are consuming news today and yet companies like Facebook who make a lot of money out of this news content do not have to follow any of the same rules as more traditional news companies and I dont think that is right.

The turtle reference was from Terry Pratchett, in his fantasy Discworld books the world is flat and sits on the back of a giant turtle that fly's through space.

Do I need your seal of approval? What exactly do you want me to do?
    Let's get to the last posts I made.
    Well it would be nice if you didn't ignore all the evidence that contradicts what your saying

1)Our world in data charts shown the decline of Delta mortality. You kept saying it was as lethal, it's not.
    Just a few rebuttals to this false argument, one thing they make absolutely clear is the Delta variant is significantly more infectious and as deadly as previous variants if not more so.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2021/08/42...t-science-says

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...-holds-answers

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02039-y

2)French director of virology. What is to verify here? Do you want me to translate him?
    No need I turned on Google translate, so in France they have introduced a very contentious vaccine passport policy, many people do not like it they feel it impinges on there civil liberties. He does say he in this video he thinks France specifically is not currently in an epidemic, but the same was true between each wave of the virus. Not being currently in an epidemic state does not mean that Covid has suddenly gone away

He also makes some argument about Frances hospitals not currently being overloaded etc, basically he is against the passports and he is perfectly entitled to this view, I have no problem with this he is making an argument and giving his opinion. He is mainly talking about the current situation in France which may or may not be accurate I dont know exactly I have not been able to travel over there this year unfortunately.

3)Twitter shown 12 year olders handcuffed for not wearing a mask. How exactly do I need to verify that so it would pass answers seal of approval?
    Ah so context would be good here, if you look up this incident the family involved are know anti vaxxers in Australia and there is also footage of the two older women assaulting a police officer in the same incident, the whole family were arrested and taken to the police station I believe.

It will certainly not show on systemic media, there is no disproof on any comment below the article. Should I go to Australia do a report and get back to see if it is authentic? Do I have to fill in your seal of approval paper and then get permission,hmm? What exactly do you want me to do? Dance naked in the rain?
    You just keep doing what you do best here , that is disproving everything that is non vax related but don't take it on me, take in on yourself.
    Not at all, but even the most minimal amount of research on a video or article can give it context or show you whether it is supported by the evidence.

You seem to believe anything you read that is against the vaccine as it supports what you believe.

King of sapila

..And you seem to believe anything your read in favor as it supports what you believe.
    French director is OK but it's in between the spreading, Our world in data completely ignored, the family is known anti vaxxers, so what? Handcuff 12 year olds?
    The links you posted are from known sites promoting terror and vaccination.

I take back the seal of approval as, as you pointed out, it wasn't referred to me, although it was a nice pun

King of sapila

About renewable sources.
    A small fraction of what I will write happened to Texas.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02...rbines-frozen/

A wind generator operates with,err, wind, so no blow no go, or some cold no volt.
    A solar generator with the sun, so no light no might, of some freeze no squeeze.
    A waterfall generator with water, so no rain no gain (although this is probably the most safe as recyclable system may be created) or frozen river no power given.

You can see the problem. Don't get me wrong, I'm againt environmental pollution(not to be confused with the climate change) and resources will end at some point but at the same debate the wind generators are made from rare metals that will be excavated at some point, there are dry season for water and you just can't put a generator where is no water, except maybe somehow in the sea?Solar, OK we have lot of sunlight in Greece, do they have sunlight in, let's say, England?

There are maybe the fusion projects that could be beneficial but they are decades maybe centuries from being reliable and practical.
    https://www.powermag.com/fusion-ener...han-you-think/
    Last edited by sapator; Aug 19th, 2021 at 05:26 AM.

PowerPoster

...I've read a while ago that wind generator 30 years ago produced 0,4% of the total energy of the planet while fuel produce 95% after 30 years of putting them on they now produce 1% of the total energy.
    In Germany we're currently operating "above 50%" of renewable energy
    (in the countries total-energy-mix - and the trend goes up further).
    https://www.cleanenergywire.org/news...le-electricity

Guess this shows, that the concept of "putting them on" (relentlessly) -
    will have an effect after a decade or two and is "worth pursuing".

Olaf

King of sapila

Well that is not what I'm reading,
    https://www.oecd.org/greengrowth/gre...iongermany.htm
    Unless you are also talking about nuclear energy. Then yes but I would highly doubt nuclear energy is "green".
    But since I haven't really searched for German power plan I might be mistaken.

On that thought tho, why you are buying our lignite resources secretly if you intend to go full green?
    Are you aware of that I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    So you want "free" government built, maintained, and supported electric car charging stations. What should they charge then? Would it be allowed to be less than the existing privately-owned charging stations? Or maybe more to help pay for upkeep and to pay the taxpayers back? Will they compete with private stations or be required to charge more? If not, what incentive will there be for private networks to expand?
    I don't know how it will work. Probably, it will be screwed up, but hopefully it will then become better. If the money is spent such that filling stations can install charging at no cost to them, that seems the best way to go about it: Publicly funded infrastructure to kickstart the demand with private operation, then followed by diminishing public involvement.

After all, with any new technology, the price will come down.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    I drove a Civic Hybrid from May 2002 until March 2018 when I hit a deer and the insurance company totaled it. I can't recall even the worst winter getting less than 39 MPG out of a tank of gas, and normally it did far better. Nominal range of 630 miles/tank, though I rarely pushed it beyond 580. I was doing too many long trips to and from the boonies to risk that.

Aside from the powerplant/drivetrain it was all but a plain old 4-5 passenger Civic. A different spoiler and an engine underpanel to reduce resistance a bit but that was it. 2002 technology.

20 years later we can surely do as well making a 6-8 passenger 3 row vehicle for large families that gets the same efficiency. Make those today and in 5 years we'd have used cars in the pipeline for folks of modest means to acquire. By then the tech should be better and before long all-electric may even make sense.

But if you keep letting people buy jacked up SUVs and pickups it is never going to happen. People need to see them for the clownish baboonery they are and feel ashamed or at least apologetic to be seen in one.

I grew up poor. I know what it is like to be seen with 6 other kids packed into the family's '49 Chevy wheezing down the road in 1967 on its last legs.
    I had an 82 Civic that could get 45 mpg. However, it had such a tiny gas tank that the range was only about 360 miles on the outside, and going over 300 was risky. Yeah, it had an 8 gallon tank. I ran it until EVERY system was failing in some fashion.

As engines have gotten more efficient, car manufacturers in the US have made larger and more powerful cars. The gains have gone into size, not fuel economy because the manufacturers decided (probably correctly) that US consumers won't spend a dime on fuel economy, but will spend many a dollar on more power or size.

I wasn't actually getting cute, one of the websites you linked to does indeed refer to the covid vaccine in relation to nanotechnology, and one article (specifically https://vaccineimpact.com/2020/nano-...ar-with-covid/ ) actually does indeed mention vaccines in relation to 5G.

I finally watched the video, had to use google translate as I don't speak French so I may not have got the finer details... It seems he was very much speaking from a personal point of view (although I am assuming he is well informed on the things that have given him this point of view). I honestly don't know enough about the current situation in France to have a strong opinion either way. I can understand the reluctance to have vaccine passports (especially amongst the unvaccinated) but I can also see arguments about why people might want them.

Page 75 of 137 FirstFirst ... 25657273747576777885125 ... LastLast