Page 1192 of 1724 FirstFirst ... 19269210921142118211891190119111921193119411951202124212921692 ... LastLast
Results 47,641 to 47,680 of 68959

Thread: Post Race!

Re: Post Race!

Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

The picture of Superman and Spiderman makes it appear that Superman might be super dense. Otherwise, he would tend to pivot around his elbow in that picture, regardless of how strong he was.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

What's this new thing? Are you into your blue period?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    The picture of Superman and Spiderman makes it appear that Superman might be super dense. Otherwise, he would tend to pivot around his elbow in that picture, regardless of how strong he was.
    Not necessarily. He could also be pressing down with his super strength for his elbow to remain firmly planted on the column. However, the column would probably break.

What's this new thing? Are you into your blue period?
    What do you mean ?

You are posting so fast that most of my comments will be out of context by the time they appear. The blue period was a reference to some dead artist, along with a reference to the pictures of blue women that you had posted.

As for Superman, it wouldn't matter whether he was pressing down or not. Unless he was incredibly dense, the physics would be wrong. Him pressing down wouldn't cause him to become heavier, so Spiderman, would end up rotating him around the point of his elbow, by pulling on his arm, which would act as a solid lever prying up his weight. Spiderman has the strength to lift the weight of a heavy guy, so that wouldn't be an issue, and since Spiderman's feet are planted on the column, the end result would be that Superman would rotate or the column would shear off.

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Not necessarily. He could also be pressing down with his super strength for his elbow to remain firmly planted on the column. However, the column would probably break.
    Hmmm...I just realized what you really meant. You meant his whole body and after thinking about it, you're right. If he can fly then he would be able to make himself heavier by in effect flying downwards while standing....He'd probably move the whole Earth though

I'm not sure which superhero violates laws of physics worse: Ironman or Spiderman. Both tend to expend fantastic amounts of either energy, matter, or both, without appearing to lose any weight. Spiderman wouldn't be able to create much webbing, even if it was carbon fibers, without converting a fantastic amount of his mass. Ironman...well, nobody can even suggest how to move that much mass without significant fuel reservoirs.

You are posting so fast that most of my comments will be out of context by the time they appear. The blue period was a reference to some dead artist, along with a reference to the pictures of blue women that you had posted.
    The blue woman is Raven Darkholme from Marvel Comics better known as Mystique.

As for Superman, it wouldn't matter whether he was pressing down or not. Unless he was incredibly dense, the physics would be wrong. Him pressing down wouldn't cause him to become heavier, so Spiderman, would end up rotating him around the point of his elbow, by pulling on his arm, which would act as a solid lever prying up his weight. Spiderman has the strength to lift the weight of a heavy guy, so that wouldn't be an issue, and since Spiderman's feet are planted on the column, the end result would be that Superman would rotate or the column would shear off.
    Yea I realized what you meant after posting my response.

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Hmmm...I just realized what you really meant. You meant his whole body and after thinking about it, you're right. If he can fly then he would be able to make himself heavier by in effect flying downwards while standing....He'd probably move the whole Earth though
    It's all relative. If he did move the whole Earth, that would pretty much take care of any global warming discussion....or at least speed it up greatly.

I'm not sure which superhero violates laws of physics worse: Ironman or Spiderman. Both tend to expend fantastic amounts of either energy, matter, or both, without appearing to lose any weight. Spiderman wouldn't be able to create much webbing, even if it was carbon fibers, without converting a fantastic amount of his mass. Ironman...well, nobody can even suggest how to move that much mass without significant fuel reservoirs.
    E=MC^2 can explain some of this. Mass in general can be converted to a significant amount of energy. Presumably, Iron Man has some fissionable substance like Uranium to power his suit.

To me, SpiderMan is one of the most plausible super heroes. Real spiders create a fantastic amount of webbing considering their body mass. Even the human intestine I believe is two miles long or something. There are certain things you can fit a lot of into a small volume of space.

It's all relative. If he did move the whole Earth, that would pretty much take care of any global warming discussion....or at least speed it up greatly.
    Eventually, it would probably escape the Sun's gravity through the added momentum by Super Man's actions and global warming would be the least of our worries....We'd have the very opposite worry.

Are you going to be dragon out more mermaids?
    Soon grasshopper.....soon!

Page 1192 of 1724 FirstFirst ... 19269210921142118211891190119111921193119411951202124212921692 ... LastLast