Thread: How to accurately to position and to dimension an object into another object?

Question How to accurately to position and to dimension an object into another object?

I have an embbeded form into an user control (ocx). The problem is that the form is displayed partially over (inside) the user control.

How to make the user control display the entire form over it?

Can anyone here append to the attached code below a solution to this problem?

I would like to thanks in advance for any help provided to me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: How to accurately to position and to dimension an object into another object?

I don't get what this is even supposed to be doing. It just keeps trying to open a browser.

Re: How to accurately to position and to dimension an object into another object?

Dear Sir, the html page opened in the browser is the container for the user control. My question is regarded to how to display the entire form that is embedded into this user control through the correct positioning and dimensioning. Can you help me?

I'm sorry, but I can't help you. I have no idea what's going on with your thing. So I'm gonna bow out. I just wanted to let you know that it wasn't doing anything but opening a browser on my end. If it's supposed to be doing something more than that then I don't know what. Sorry. Hopefully someone else can help you get this sorted.

I just forgot to mention that I am using WIndows 7 and Internet Explorer 9. Perhaps, another OS version and another browser version is preventing you to see the html page that is used as the container for the user control. Can you take a look at the code?

I'm going to give you my honest take on "user controls".

1) They're always garbage. I've yet to see one that isn't sluggish and not nearly worth the effort of creating it in the first place. I've made a few attempts at them and they were way worse than something else. And every one I've tried created by anyone else was quickly deleted because they just don't work well.

2) They really seem like a half-assed attempt by Microsoft to let you make controls but again, sluggish and crap.

I honestly don't even bother with them and don't bother with anyone else's either because I've tried a lot of them and in the end I don't have a single app that has a single user control in it because they're garbage.

I'd try to find a different solution. But that's up to you.

Just my two cents...

User controls are key elements in the project that I have developed. Anyway I respect your opinion and I would like to thank you for your attention. I still have the hope that someone out there can help me.

I hope someone is able to help you and am sorry I can't. Again, that's just been my experience with user controls and my opinion of them. I will have a look at your code - I haven't deleted it. But that won't be until next week.

Once again I would like to thank you for your attention. I hope to hear news from you regarding to my enquiry.