Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 49

Thread: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

  1. #1

    Thread Starter
    Super Moderator dday9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    11,886

    Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    This is similar to Trump's NY case where I haven't really been following it, but I sort of understand the underlying issue.

    From what I understand, this is the course of events that has led up to now:
    1. Hunter Biden allegedly left a laptop at a computer repair shop and never picked it up.
    2. The computer store owner found that there was potentially illegal activity stored on the laptop and attempted to hand it over to the FBI.
    3. The FBI either didn't do anything or slow played it so he handed it over to the Trump campaign where they tried to use it as a "November Surprise" type strategy.
    4. Several government officials and ex-government officials parroted the talking point that the laptop had "all the hallmarks of Russian disinformation" in an attempt to discredit the allegations. This was also used almost line for line by Joe Biden in a debate leading up to the 2020 election.
    5. I think Hunter Biden was originally charged with gun charges because the laptop allegedly shows him using drugs at the same time he applied to purchase a gun where he checked on the application that he did not use drugs, but then the charges were dismissed.
    6. I think that at some point Hunter Biden (or maybe his attorney) sued saying that the computer repair shop owner illegally took his property or maybe it was that he distributed it illegally or something along those lines which tacitly gave credibility to Hunter Biden's ownership of the laptop.
    7. After that I think the charges were brought back up because of pressure by a Republican majority in the House of Representatives.
    8. Now he is officially standing trial for gun charges.


    I will go on record saying that I don't think it should be illegal for drug users to not be able to use their 2nd amendment right. I will also say that the other allegation that Hunter Biden leveraged his dad (when he was both VP and President) to land cushy jobs that he probably wasn't qualified for should also not be illegal.

    This looks a lot like Trump's NY case where this is obviously political and I have the same opinion that I (wrongly) had on it that I doubt he will actually be found guilty.

    But it is historic in that it appears going after former/current political (or family of political) figures is now the norm.

    I will also say that there is a gaping hole to the argument when Democrats say that Libertarians are "Republican-Lite" or Republicans say that Libertarians are "Democrat-Lite" in that it seems to me that Democrats and Republicans are both comfortable using the power of the state to prosecute political "enemies" whereas Libertarians vehemently oppose it.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

  2. #2
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,226

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Well, you know more about the case than I do. lol

    This seems like a simple explanation https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hunter-...l-gun-charges/

    Charges don't seem to have anything to do with the laptop.

  3. #3
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    3,280

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    The laptop is being used as a source of evidence that Hunter was using drugs at the time the gun was purchased. The guy seemed quite enamored with constantly recording his own degeneracy.

    I heard that one defense Hunter's team might be using is that the form was "confusing" to Hunter. Which I find odd, since the President of the United States, who has likely met an unknowable amount of intelligent and successful people in his life, said that Hunter is the smartest person he's ever known.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,276

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    I didn't know it was illegal to purchase a firearm if you were doing drugs. I'm not sure why it is. People do all kinds of stupid crap when drunk, why should other drugs be left out of the fun?

    I don't have any opinion on buying guns when doing drugs. I don't have all that much of an opinion on doing drugs in the first place. What I think is crazy is how we bang on about some drugs while totally ignoring others. I understand how we got here, I just think it's crazy. Alcohol does more harm to society than all the other drugs combined, but it gets a bye because we know it can't be banned. Nicotine would have been in the same boat, except that the direct harm it does is a lot easier to quantify.

    I'd also say that getting cushy payments because you happen to be closely related to somebody else is sleazy, but it isn't illegal. The Saudi's gave Jared Kushner a few billion dollars to manage when he decided to become a financial manager in mid life. I'm sure that country carefully evaluated all their options, and decided that giving a few billion to a middle-aged financial manager without any kind of a track record was clearly the best alternative.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  5. #5

    Thread Starter
    Super Moderator dday9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    11,886

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I'd also say that getting cushy payments because you happen to be closely related to somebody else is sleazy, but it isn't illegal. The Saudi's gave Jared Kushner a few billion dollars to manage when he decided to become a financial manager in mid life. I'm sure that country carefully evaluated all their options, and decided that giving a few billion to a middle-aged financial manager without any kind of a track record was clearly the best alternative.
    Same. It shouldn't be illegal but if you are engaging in politics then don't be surprised if it is used to attack your character.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

  6. #6
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,226

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    Same. It shouldn't be illegal but if you are engaging in politics then don't be surprised if it is used to attack your character.
    Or to attack your fathers character. lol

    If Hunter was my son he wouldn't have these current problems. No one would have cared what was on his laptop, no one would have investigated his gun application, the plea dealt wouldn't have been questioned. I don't think anyone really cares what Hunter did, the whole goal is to make Biden look bad. A friend of mine ( a Trump supporter) is super happy Hunter is on trial. Nice to see him happy but I feel sorry for Hunter.

    Now that I think about it, my kids should thank me for not being rich or famous. Those maniacs would definitely have been jailed.

  7. #7

    Thread Starter
    Super Moderator dday9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    11,886

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    That’s what I meant when I said that Democrats and Republicans are both comfortable using the power of the state to prosecute political "enemies".

    The fact that your Trump supporting friend is happy about what’s happening with Hunter but presumably outraged with what’s happening to Trump (in the NY case) is appalling. Its so contradictory that it should be blatantly obvious.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,276

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    It never is.

    Either this last year, or the year before, in the Idaho legislature, there were two bills. One was about vaccines, masks, or something like that. The bill would make it illegal for the state to mandate anything, because parents know what is best for their children. At the same time (perhaps on the same day), a bill came up making it illegal for parents to seek gender-affirming care for their kids, because parents shouldn't be allowed to make that choice for their kids. The contradictory juxtaposition of the two was not lost on at least some of the legislators, but as one of them said, "yeah, that's a contradiction...but I'm voting for them anyways, cause that's how I feel."

    A consistent, logical philosophy doesn't get you very far in politics.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  9. #9

    Thread Starter
    Super Moderator dday9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    11,886

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    I can see where those are two separate issues. One is mandating that parents must do something whereas the other is mandating that the parents cannot do something.

    In the case of Hunter Biden and Trump, their issues are the same: they are both being politically prosecuted. The difference is that one is a former Republican president and the other is the son of the current Democrat president.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,276

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Or, they both broke the law.

    There's a gray area, to be sure. Any trial of a politician or the relative of a politician is necessarily a political trial. One might say that the charges against Trump would have been misdemeanors had he not been a prominent Republican, but one might also point out that the only reason they are NOT misdemeanors is because the jury felt that he had intended or engaged in a secondary crime, and the secondary crimes were about running for office, an explicitly political act.

    If one ignores that, where does the line get drawn? Do we say that ANYTHING is permissible while running for office, because doing otherwise would be a political prosecution? The other line would be that running for office changes nothing as far as criminal liability.

    The best would be if the judicial system was forcibly apolitical. Nobody knows how to do that, though. Police can arrest, but whether or not a prosecutor pursues charges is sometimes practical and sometimes political in EVERY case. There is a crime in Idaho, that everybody agrees is a crime, but for which you will only be punished if you agree to it, because it's so hard to prove that prosecutors don't bother charging anybody. If you get a ticket, and decide to contest it, the case will be dismissed in almost every case. I won't say what it is, because it involves fish, and I don't want to give anybody any ideas.

    The prosecutor (DA or county prosecutor) has made the decision that these cases aren't worth fighting. That's why Trump avoided going to jail in the 80s, as well. We also hear about elected DA's who have run on the policy, "I will not pursue prosecution for this type of offense." In that case, as well, an elected official is making a stated decision on what cases to bring based on the purest politics. Heck, it got them elected.

    In other words, prosecution is sometimes simple, both for or against, but in the middle resides a bunch of cases that are more slippery than an eel...and if you have never handled an eel, you know that's about as slippery as things can get.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  11. #11

    Thread Starter
    Super Moderator dday9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    11,886

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    I'm not saying that they didn't commit a crime. I don't even believe that either should be crimes to begin with, but it doesn't change the fact that they are.

    What I am saying is that they are both being prosecuted because they're public figures and that there is no cognitive dissonance if your Trump supporting friend is happy that Hunter Biden is being prosecuted but presumably upset that Trump was prosecuted.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2024
    Posts
    1

    Wink Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Hunter Biden’s laptop saga is like a soap opera gone wild. Hunter leaves his laptop at a repair shop, it ends up with the FBI, then the Trump campaign, and finally, everyone’s shouting "Russian disinformation!" Meanwhile, Hunter gets charged for lying on a gun application because of drug use shown on the laptop. Charges get dropped, then reappear thanks to political pressure, and now he’s on trial.

    This whole mess is as political as Trump’s NY case, proving that targeting political figures is the new norm. It’s like a bipartisan circus, with Libertarians probably thinking, “Can’t we just get along without all this drama?”

  13. #13
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,683

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    You will get along at November. And possibly Hunter drug addict , molester and weirdo , ahhhh, allegedly will go to prison, ahhh, if the crimes are valid.
    I remember me and Mityocs and possibly dilettante writing about it when it came about years ago but the hive kinda sorta stigmatize us as crazy conspiracy weirdos (did not mind the weirdos part). Now they are flying casual whistling in the rain.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  14. #14
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,276

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Well, that's a re-writing of history. Back when the laptop story was discussed, I'm sure that you were all lathered up about the possibility that Hunter Biden might have bought a gun while using drugs. Yeah, that was it. Nothing more.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  15. #15
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,683

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Aka. See "stormy" thread .
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  16. #16
    Wall Poster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,874

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Aka. See "stormy" thread .
    A link and post number might have got someone to look. That "stormy" thread has over a 150 posts...
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  17. #17

    Thread Starter
    Super Moderator dday9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    11,886

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Ever been in a storm, Wally?
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

  18. #18
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,276

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    A link and post number might have got someone to look. That "stormy" thread has over a 150 posts...
    Yes, but you have to see them ALL to understand.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  19. #19

    Thread Starter
    Super Moderator dday9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    11,886

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    ...I doubt he will actually be found guilty...
    Well, it looks like I'm wrong again. Hunter Biden was just found guilty.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

  20. #20
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,683

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    OH, guilty?! Oh but the hive here mocked us all the way those previous years wanting to present evidence or else . What happened ?
    I hope the president son will not follow Trump's footsteps and actually go to prison.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  21. #21

    Thread Starter
    Super Moderator dday9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    11,886

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Why would you want that? That just seems vindictive.

    Just because I disagree with Hunter Biden's politics and lifestyle doesn't mean that I believe he should be imprisoned for a crime I don't agree with.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

  22. #22
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,683

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Just to be clear I don't consider you part of any hive.
    Now the question, I don't get it. Why do I want someone to go to prison for committing crimes that lead to imprisonment?
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  23. #23

    Thread Starter
    Super Moderator dday9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    11,886

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Why do I want someone to go to prison for committing crimes that lead to imprisonment?
    Take that argument to its logical conclusion. For the sake of argument, assume that it is illegal to breath out of your nostrils and that you are only permitted to breath out of your mouth. Now Hunter Biden (or anyone for that matter) was just found guilty of breathing out of their nostrils in clear violation of the law. Would you have the same conclusion that you would want him to go to prison for committing the crime?

    I would think it is appropriate to say that this was a political prosecution on a dubious crime, therefore its not wrong to say that he shouldn't go to jail for it.

    For what its worth, I think the same thing is true of Trump's recent NY conviction.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

  24. #24
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,276

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Sappy is changing the narrative. The whole thing about the laptop was that it was supposed to provide evidence of heinous financial crimes that they could then tie to his father. In the end, the laptop provided pictures of him doing drugs, which he had already admitted to, but not on the dates around buying the gun, which is all they could end up pinning on him, aside from the tax trial in September...which also isn't tied to the laptop. The crimes they wanted? Oops, they didn't find anything about those. The laptop? Didn't matter much for the conviction, as it only proved what was already admitted.

    So, they were crowing about the laptop because it would prove that Biden was as corrupt as their guy, and they ended up with...a conviction against his son that they can't do much with, and which their supporters are probably conflicted with. I can't imagine the NRA is thrilled with this trial in general. The only thing they can feel happy about is that they got a show trial. He had a plea deal, so he was willing to admit guilt months ago, which is how normal people do things. Nope, now we had a whole trial to get to the same endpoint.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  25. #25
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,226

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Sappy is changing the narrative. The whole thing about the laptop was that it was supposed to provide evidence of heinous financial crimes that they could then tie to his father. In the end, the laptop provided pictures of him doing drugs, which he had already admitted to, but not on the dates around buying the gun, which is all they could end up pinning on him, aside from the tax trial in September...which also isn't tied to the laptop. The crimes they wanted? Oops, they didn't find anything about those. The laptop? Didn't matter much for the conviction, as it only proved what was already admitted.

    So, they were crowing about the laptop because it would prove that Biden was as corrupt as their guy, and they ended up with...a conviction against his son that they can't do much with, and which their supporters are probably conflicted with. I can't imagine the NRA is thrilled with this trial in general. The only thing they can feel happy about is that they got a show trial. He had a plea deal, so he was willing to admit guilt months ago, which is how normal people do things. Nope, now we had a whole trial to get to the same endpoint.
    That's called sapator having a convenient memory. lol

    The uproar about the laptop was about how it would prove the evil Bidens and their financial crimes. That was as flop.

    They sure didn't even need the laptop to prove Hunter had a drug problem during the time he filled out that form. That was well established. Yet there are people acting like "I told you so".

  26. #26
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,276

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    They didn't even need to prove him guilty, as he was willing to admit to it in the plea deal. It was only once the judge rejected the plea deal, he decided to make them do the whole trial.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  27. #27

    Thread Starter
    Super Moderator dday9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    11,886

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    I vaguely remembering that the judge rejected the plea deal because it wrapped up immunity of two separate unrelated crimes. Actually, looking into a bit more, he didn't plead guilty to the gun charge, he agreed to plead guilty to the tax charges in exchange for immunity in the unrelated gun charge.

    I can't think of a reason why it'd be rejected other than it being political. Don't judges approve similar plea deals all the time? I'm genuinely asking because I'm not familiar enough to say yes or no.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

  28. #28
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,683

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    I just want this drug sniffy gun crazed sex molester to go to jail.
    Just as you want that gun crazed sex molester Trump to go to jail.
    But Trump is the bad guy, Biden should set an example and accept all charges and as an example of people on higher power than common people take the full 25 years.
    The fact that there is excuses about poor Biden makes me wanna puke. Really? Poor Biden? Do you have power Megalophobia?
    Continuing this might resurrect Mityocs out of his grave so be careful!
    So instead of beating around the bush please state clearly if you want the drug sniffy gun crazed sex molester to go to jail or don't want to go to jail.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  29. #29
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,276

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    I think it's pretty complicated. There may not be any general rule. Naturally, a plea deal does mean some kind of reduction. After all, it's not much of a deal to agree to have the book thrown at you. Pleading guilty would be better than that, so the general basis for a plea deal is that the prosecution gets:

    1) Time (it saves a lot of time not to go to trial).
    2) Cost (trials are expensive).
    3) The win (even solid trials are unpredictable).

    while the defendant gets:
    1) Some reduced charges of some sort.

    What the deal is depends on both the nature of the charges and the nature of the evidence. Judges can clearly reject plea deals, but why they would do so is probably entirely situational. After all, both the prosecution and the defense have already agreed that they're fine with the deal.

    One thing I heard about this was that Hunter was leaning into the drug use because the NRA, which mostly backs Republicans, would like to make this, "not a crime". So, it's possible that he was overdoing it such that the conservatives would back the overturning of the conviction on second amendment grounds. Seems silly, to me, but the NRA might back him on the tax evasion charges, too. After all, that's right up their alley, these days.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  30. #30
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,683

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    OK so no go to jail or not go to jail, pity.
    Anyhow I don't think anyone believe that the president's son will go to jail but covering for him was a nonsense then and nonsense now.
    The Greek legislation is different tho. Tax, guns and sex is extremely more lenient than drugs. In Greece (if the justice system was not traitors at a high amount) he would have gotten the 25 and (unfortunately) got out in 5-10.
    For the other charges, meh. Probably a monetary fine.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  31. #31
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,226

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    I can't think of a reason why it'd be rejected other than it being political.
    Of course it's political. Have you ever heard of anyone being charged with this crime? I haven't. Do you think he is the only person to have a drug problem when applying for a gun, of course not. Why do people like sapator want him to go to jail? Because he's Joe Biden's son. Hunter isn't important except for the fact he's the son of the guy that beat Trump in the presidential election. So people are desperate to get their pound of flesh. They haven't found a way to get it from Joe making this sound important is all they got.

    Like I said before, if one of my kids did what Hunter did, nothing would have happened.

  32. #32
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,683

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    He was found guilty the sentence is up to 25 years. He should go to jail. No matter what you think acting as a judge that the sentence should be, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but your have a justice system there if you are not aware of.Be thankful that it is Biden's son else he would have gone in.
    And of course on the other hand you where so frog mad that Trump won't go to jail. Look at yourselves hiveing it, keep it up as the hive would probably end up as a rabbit hole in November.
    These guys are defending Hunter Biden people . A drug sniffy gun crazed sex molester!

    " Do you think he is the only person to have a drug problem when applying for a gun" What the heck? It's so horrible that is almost funny. Sleepy time...
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  33. #33
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,683

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Also he was found guilty on Biden's presidency. Imagine if it was someone else on the lead....
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  34. #34
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,276

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    That "up to" has a lot of wiggle room. The maximum sentence isn't very likely, as it would take some pretty extreme additional conditions to get anywhere near it. First time offenders with non-violent crimes are often not jailed, especially if they 'express remorse'...and doubly so if they are rich, or course.

    In the US, drug crime sentencing has a whole lot to do with the thickness of your wallet and the color of your skin.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  35. #35
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,226

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    He was found guilty the sentence is up to 25 years. He should go to jail. No matter what you think acting as a judge that the sentence should be, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but your have a justice system there if you are not aware of.
    Then you must believe Trump should go to jail 136yrs. That's the maximum he could receive. There is the justice system you mentioned. Your acting like you believe there needs to be jail time if your found guilty no matter what.

    And of course on the other hand you where so frog mad that Trump won't go to jail
    There you go again with that convenient memory. First, that's impossible because we still don't know because he hasn't been sentenced. Second I never said I wanted him to go to jail for that crime. I did say I thought most people convicted of 34 felonies would go to jail but I also said I don't think Trump will. In that same thread I said I was wrong and that I just found out only 10% of people convicted of these type of crimes go to jail.

    As for "sex molester" I think your confused. It was Trump that was found liable for sexual abuse, not Hunter.

    First time offenders with non-violent crimes are often not jailed, especially if they 'express remorse'...and doubly so if they are rich, or course.
    I think that's true. Though it's hard to say what's going to happen here because it seems rare (I think) that someone is charged with this unless they've committed some other crime and this information was found out during the investigation of the other crime. It's not like the government investigates all the people to see if they have a drug problem when they receive the form. At most a quick criminal history check on the computer. That's all just my guess. If they do I'd be impressed.

    One thing I heard about this was that Hunter was leaning into the drug use because the NRA, which mostly backs Republicans, would like to make this, "not a crime".
    That's interesting, I never even thought about the NRA angle.
    Last edited by wes4dbt; Jun 11th, 2024 at 09:33 PM.

  36. #36
    Frenzied Member 2kaud's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,069

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    As Hunter was found guilty of a Federal crime, can his dad pardon him?
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

    C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

  37. #37
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,683

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Yeah if they send him to jail that he should definitely do setting an example of people with high power can go to jail too then his dad if he is still president (aka before ?November) should pardon him saying "OK enough, the example have been made"

    People here are defending a drug sniffy gun crazed sex molester!
    People here are defending a drug sniffy gun crazed sex molester!
    MODS! MODS! HELP , HELP!!......Oh, snap.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  38. #38
    Wall Poster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,874

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Quote Originally Posted by 2kaud View Post
    As Hunter was found guilty of a Federal crime, can his dad pardon him?
    He can but he said he won't...
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  39. #39
    Wall Poster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,874

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Republicans push conspiracy. Nothing pleases them.

    “This trial has been nothing more than a distraction from the real crimes of the Biden Crime Family, which has raked in tens of millions of dollars from China, Russia and Ukraine,” the Trump campaign said in a statement.

    Matt Gaetz, the far-right congressman from Florida, was distinctly dismissive, posting on X: “The Hunter Biden gun conviction is kinda dumb tbh.”

    That was echoed by Charlie Kirk, a conservative activist and founder of Turning Point USA, who derided the conviction as a distraction from worse crimes he claimed have been committed by the president’s family.

    “Hunter Biden guilty. Yawn,” Kirk wrote. “The true crimes of the Biden Crime Family remain untouched. This is a fake trial trying to make the Justice system appear ‘balanced.’ Don’t fall for it.”

    Nancy Mace, a Republican congresswoman for South Carolina, implied that the verdict was a sham. “Timing is everything. The veil of fairness in the justice system under Potus,” she wrote.

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rdict-reaction
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  40. #40
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,276

    Re: Hunter Biden Laptop Story

    Yeah, they can't even find smoke, so they tell everybody to believe that it MUST be there...somewhere, and if there's smoke then there's fire...so that smoke has got to be...hidden really well. Maybe Sappy has it? That would be an excellent place to hide it. Nobody would suspect him.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width