Thread: Flying / animated image on a form

Flying / animated image on a form

I would like to have a form with a hornet flying around on the MAIN form randomly upon form load up.. How does 1 go by that? Is there a module or a private sub thing and call it on form load? I would prefer that incase I need to use it again in another project.
    Monroe High School.. GO HORNETS!

If I've help you, please add to my reputation level! Each reply has a "STAR" icon followed by: "Rate this post".. click that

Re: Flying / animated image on a form

Kinda like a misquito thing.. like i seen on someone's signutre.. I forget who atm lol.

actually bugs me sometime cause we deal with fruit flies here and they go to my monitor occassionally.. and when see the signiture I have to think for a second LMFAO!

If I've help you, please add to my reputation level! Each reply has a "STAR" icon followed by: "Rate this post".. click that

PowerPoster

There's some existing code to overlay a still image like that but an animated image moving on a path... probably would need to code that from scratch and it's fairly advanced stuff.

If you could give it a dedicated PictureBox or UserControl, that would be a lot more simple (but still not trivial); you could use IShellImageData to display a transparent animated gif. I've got a PictureBox on Form example and an animated gif ActiveX control you could switch to vb6 w/oleexp.tlb instead of twinBASIC, or just compile as ocx in twinBASIC and use that with VB6.

The catch is those both render it in one place; you'd need to shift the x/y coordinates each timer tick to move it around the area its in.

check this page it has a lot of opensource graphic stuff for VB6 it may some examples may give you an idea.
    https://github.com/Planet-Source-Cod...phics__1-46.md

I'll look into that link, Thank you.