Thread: [RESOLVED] mscomctl.ocx license not valid??

Resolved [RESOLVED] mscomctl.ocx license not valid??

Hi

Today I've tried to modify a program that uses the mscomct.ocx control, has been fine from years but today the project fails to load. Taking look to the log appears this:

Línea 17: no se puede cargar el control InfoBar. No se encontró la licencia.
    Línea 46: no se puede cargar el control ImageList1. No se encontró la licencia.

Translated, license not found.

I've to create a new project, add the mscomctl.ocx, tried to add the progress bar to the form and a popup message says same, license not found.

The only thing I see installed recently is a Google Chrome update, no other software or Windows update.

I've reinstalled the ocx, registered again...no errors but the license message is still there.

The project uses mscomctl 2.2 (v6.1.98.46):

Object={831FDD16-0C5C-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}#2.2#0; MSCOMCTL.OCX

Any hint?

Frenzied Member

Re: mscomctl.ocx license not valid??

This can happen sometimes. I think it happened to me once when I uninstalled something. It’s a registry key that got deleted. They are stored under the following parent key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Licenses\

Probably need to find the right one with an api logger see what it’s trying to access and get the value from another computer. Reinstalling the ide may be the best way.

I like this monitor:
    http://www.rohitab.com/apimonitor

Re: mscomctl.ocx license not valid??

Quote Originally Posted by dz32 View Post
    This can happen sometimes. I think it happened to me once when I uninstalled something. It’s a registry key that got deleted. They are stored under the following parent key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Licenses\

Probably need to find the right one with an api logger see what it’s trying to access and get the value from another computer. Reinstalling the ide may be the best way.

I like this monitor:
    http://www.rohitab.com/apimonitor
    Thanks. You're right, don't know who has deleted the registry key but if someone has same problem just add this registry key and it will work again:

Code:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Licenses\ED4B87C4-9F76-11d1-8BF7-0000F8754DA1 = knlggnmntgggrninthpgmnngrhqhnnjnslsh