Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $30,000 Porsche Xiaomi electric car,do you like it?

PowerPoster

Re: $30,000 Porsche Xiaomi electric car,do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by yereverluvinuncleber;5639147?

The infrastructure? Well, different answers for different countries. The US is a problem for EVs due to distance and infrastructure. Europe? possibly less of a problem. Yes, infrastructure has a long way to go but 15 years is enough time for something to grow, change and mature, that's the time frame I think we will see a tipping point where a few global brands disappear.

GM? It might survive in the US for a while, worldwide perhaps through Korean subsidaries. Let's see what happens in 15 years.
    The richest man in the world in the future may be produced in pure electric vehicles or robot artificial intelligence.

A year ago, it was very difficult for us to find a place to charge. Sometimes we had to queue for half an hour. But now we can charge it directly in almost every town. Every household has a small charging pile. If we add charging pile sharing function to it. Then there is no charging pressure at all.

Charging at home at night costs only $0.05 per kilowatt of electricity.By sharing the app. Sell it to someone else for $0.1-0.2
    So in this respect, China has been far ahead in many places.In fact, China's lithium batteries do not monopolize the market.On the contrary, we need to buy these raw materials from other countries at a high price.

It is packaged into lithium batteries, and we use cheap labor and high technology. It can provide more favorable prices for automobile manufacturers.

BYD/Ningde Times! The price of 100kWh is $5000, and Tesla and other models may be greatly reduced.

So why don't manufacturers produce a "100-degree battery Dihao"? It sells for $18,000 and has a range of about 800 km, completely sweeping the "three Japanese aunts" and Volkswagen Lavida into the garbage heap of history.
    Maybe in the United States, it costs $10,000.
    It costs only $7000 to sell a new energy vehicle in China. (300 km endurance)
    It might cost $20,000 in the United States.
    Last edited by Shaggy Hiker; Apr 10th, 2024 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    P.S. I think Rav is classified as SUV , sports utility vehicle. Do you even know what you bought or just jumped in asking for the first e-bucket you could get?! :P ...Thankfully I can happily attack Shaggy as he knows it's a love attack :P I can't do that with some other here as they get the gramps.
    Semi-e-bucket. I calculated that I've gone from around 20 refills at about 13 gallons/refill, for a total of about 260 gallons, down to around 3 refills at around 10 gallons/refill, for a total of about 30 gallons.

Also, the Rav4 is built in various places, though you happened to be right that the one I bought was built in Japan. Luck of the draw, in that, but good luck, as the Japanese made Rav4 is generally held to be much more reliable than any others, and reliability is a key point for me.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

King of sapila

They are one step down on committing harakiri if their cars fail. So, they are reliable. But expensive.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    They are one step down on committing harakiri if their cars fail. So, they are reliable. But expensive.
    Toyota Prius 20 years ago. Hybrid cars have been sold all over the world, with a price of $20000 in Japan and $40000 in China.But its pure electric range is only 5 kilometers.At current prices, that's $400,000

Many hybrid electric vehicles in China have a pure electric range of 50 to 200 kilometers.

Too high a price or backward technology will make him out of the market.

Some people say that the poor sales of Zhiji L7 is due to the high price. Indeed, the price of Zhiji L7 is not cheap. Last year, the price of the first Pro version of Zhiji L7 was as high as 408,800 yuan, followed by the Snake Performance model, which was priced as high as 578,800 yuan.
    The price of Xiaomi car is only half of it, so it can easily beat him.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Apr 11th, 2024 at 07:06 PM.

The Prius was sold more as a prestige car when it first came out. Sure, it got good fuel economy, and still does, but they were never meant to be cheap. These days, there's not that much point in them anymore, aside from excellent gas mileage. If you want to be full electric, there are several options to choose from. If you want to be hybrid, there are even more options to choose from. The prius may be the most fuel efficient hybrid out there, but it's also just one of many.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

At present, there are about 10 companies specializing in the production of pure electric vehicles in China.Prices range from $40,000 to $80,000.

Many models are like high-end SUVs or luxury cars.

At present, the price war is very fierce and malicious competition.
    Your range is 800 kilometers, and mine is 805 kilometers.
    Your voltage is 871 volts, mine is 875 volts.
    A new model is superior to almost most of the parameters of Xiaomi cars.
    But he misread the parameters and made a huge joke.
    The front and rear motors of millet are reduced to only rear drive.
    As a result, the launch of the new car turned into a public apology and almost a lawsuit.
    No way, all want to sell a good price. You can only climb up by stepping on others.

So Apple is right to withdraw from the new energy automobile industry at this time.
    Be bigger and stronger in the areas where you have the best technology. Toyota has not paid attention to pure electric vehicles and made its hybrid vehicles better to develop new energy vehicles. So now his automobile industry profit is still the first in the world.

Apple makes hundreds of times more money from the App Store than the rest of the industry. As long as this is done well, profits may surpass those of automobile companies. Five times, ten times.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PowerPoster

According to the financial report of 2020, the net profit of Chang'an automobile bicycle is only 266 US dollars (It's not as profitable as Apple selling a phone.), and the profit reduction of Chang'an bicycle caused by double points in 2020 is about 666 US dollars. According to the public announcement, among the luxury car companies, Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Audi generally maintain a relatively high profit, with a long-term bicycle profit of more than $3333. The net profit of American brand bicycles remains around $1333, and that of Korean brands is at the level of $920. Of course, the software revenue of smart computers on cars is obviously very important.

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

Some of the smaller European brands will wither on the vine and die. Volvo is one such that may go the way of Saab. The brand characteristics that made it desirable have been erased. The dead hand of corporate America/China that buy up a car business, applying 'world' values to that brand whilst erasing its distinctiveness. In the end it makes just another car, its traditional buyers stop buying it and the rest of the world sees no essential difference, so they don't buy them as well.

There is a method of preserving and essence that the big corporations just aren't good at.

In the case of MG they have two cards up their sleeve. First is the 'sporty Britishness' of the brand which can be manifested in cars like the Cyberster with some British design and a very sporty nature. The second card is price, at the moment they can undercut the European competition. Coupled with a dealer network and technical support they can make it work. When the price comparison is not as favourable? What will we see?

My feeling is that if companies can capture the essence of a car, what makes it appealing, its Swedishness, its Frenchness, whatever it is that rocks your boat, then that car design has a future. I can see car brands being passed from corporation to corporation, when you buy a car it will the car itself you buy, not GM, not Ford. An electric motor and a battery with a semi-bespoke shell and interior and the branding from MG, Jaguar, Citroen. Anyone will be able to make an MG as long as you follow the recipe.
    https://github.com/yereverluvinunclebert

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

King of sapila

That beats the essence of buying a car to look "cocky" , else what is the point getting a bimmer? You will not attract girls if they are all the same
    And in general even companies that have many brands have specifications. VW has also Porche and Buggati, will they be stupid enough to remove their characteristics and put that in all of their cars?
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

PowerPoster

It's a 1971 movie, the golden egg.
    Don't you usually wash your car for a few months?

To save it from being put to death, Professor Albert Dooley takes home a dumb duck from the research laboratory, which accidentally was exposed to X-rays. At home he discovers that it lays now golden eggs. Since he's broke all the time, his family welcomes this new source of income greatly, and tries to keep it secret. But their greedy neighbors become suspicious.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

PowerPoster

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123