Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 92

Thread: Truth Social

  1. #41
    Super Moderator FunkyDexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth
    Posts
    7,905

    Re: Truth Social

    When I read about people talking like this https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/smal...185507366.html
    Yeah. The regular players who understand the stock market have been shorting it like crazy which inevitably drives the price down even further for retail investors, i.e. Trump supporters who typically can't afford to lose their shirt.

    So the net effect is that some large hedge funds are making a mint while small time Joe gets fleeced once again.

    I actually thought about shorting it myself but it's a REALLY risky way of investing and I couldn't pluck up have the courage.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

    Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

  2. #42
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,160

    Re: Truth Social

    I was thinking of shorting it, too, but that was too active for me, at the moment. I still think it's a good short, because the more we learn, the worse the fundamentals look for that company. I'm more of a passive investor, at the moment, though, cause that makes more sense for me these days.

    If Trump can't sell for another five months, the best time to short the stock may be yet to come. I would expect him to cash out, and if he does, the stock will become a penny stock overnight.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  3. #43

    Thread Starter
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,212

    Re: Truth Social

    Yeah. The regular players who understand the stock market have been shorting it like crazy which inevitably drives the price down even further for retail investors, i.e. Trump supporters who typically can't afford to lose their shirt.
    Not just their willingness to invest their money but also their willingness to believe none of the carnage that Trump leaves in his wake is the result of his actions. He is honest, has their best interest and America's best interest at heart. All of these legal problems were fabricated by the "Deep State" (yeah, that mystical beast), he's the victim. Trump truly could shot someone in broad daylight, in the middle of Time Square and these people wouldn't believe it, it's fake news by the Deep State.

    On a different aspect of TS, I don't understand how the exec's at get away with paying themselves larger salaries, bonuses and given additional stock when the TS has consistently lost money, @ $58million last year. I mean, someone had to invest the money to start TS, someone is absorbing these loses and is paying the bills. How can TS investors be Ok with this???

  4. #44

    Thread Starter
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,212

    Re: Truth Social

    But don't worry, if your looking for a brighter side. Soon we will have Truth TV. https://currently.att.yahoo.com/fina...160951664.html

  5. #45
    Super Moderator FunkyDexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth
    Posts
    7,905

    Re: Truth Social

    I was thinking of shorting it, too, but that was too active for me, at the moment. I still think it's a good short, because the more we learn, the worse the fundamentals look for that company. I'm more of a passive investor, at the moment, though, cause that makes more sense for me these days.
    I've never actually had the courage to short anything myself but, every time I've looked at it, it turned out I would have been right. I think it can be a good way of taking a punt because it's much easier to spot something that's obviously inflated than it is to spot something that's got some big opportunity just round the corner. But I'm a bit risk averse and just can't stomach the "infinite risk" aspect if you're wrong. I wouldn't be able to sleep.

    Soon we will have Truth TV.
    Really, he's going to get into streaming?! Because that's not a saturated arena where the players are already dropping like flies.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

    Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

  6. #46
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,160

    Re: Truth Social

    At this rate, it'll just be another name for Court TV.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  7. #47

    Thread Starter
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,212

    Re: Truth Social

    I'm convinced, the stock market is crazy. This stock plummets @ 60% and then in three days goes up 45%. lol

    Better have a strong heart if your involved.

  8. #48
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,160

    Re: Truth Social

    There's a lot of dynamics to this. If I were to short it, it would be right before the lock comes off for Trump. If he cashes out, which seems likely, the stock will tank hard.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  9. #49
    Super Moderator dday9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    11,809

    Re: Truth Social

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    I'm convinced, the stock market is crazy. This stock plummets @ 60% and then in three days goes up 45%. lol

    Better have a strong heart if your involved.
    There's the benefit of being young: time preference.

    I haven't even looked at the stock market, I just continue to dollar cost average knowing I won't touch it for 20-30 more years.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

  10. #50
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,160

    Re: Truth Social

    That's the way to invest.

    I have a 401K that got moved from one company to another a few years back. I neglected to get a login, so I have no idea what's in there. It's a good company, so I have no concerns about it, and I'm not going to be shifting it this way and that. Heck, it isn't even a part of my retirement calculations, so it's basically just gravy...which is accruing nicely, no doubt. I'll have to go have a look at some point.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  11. #51

    Thread Starter
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,212

    Re: Truth Social

    There's the benefit of being young: time preference.

    I haven't even looked at the stock market, I just continue to dollar cost average knowing I won't touch it for 20-30 more years.
    That's just one of many benefits of being young.

    Yeah, I invested like that until I retired. But my days of adding to my account is basically over. I've definitely moved to the conservative side of investing. Been moving more and more into fixed income. Especially now that CD's are up to 5%.

  12. #52
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,160

    Re: Truth Social

    First records, now CDs. What next, eight tracks?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  13. #53

    Thread Starter
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,212

    Re: Truth Social

    I've went from 45's, LP's, 4 tracks, 8 tracks, cassettes, CD's. Now the only time I listen to music is in the car.

  14. #54
    Wall Poster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,849

    Re: Truth Social

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    When I read about people talking like this https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/smal...185507366.html

    It always leave me confused about how some people process information. But then there has been many many cults through the years so this isn't new. But it makes no sense to me.
    To me that confusion includes the major religions.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  15. #55
    Fanatic Member Peter Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    539

    Re: Truth Social

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    First records, now CDs. What next, eight tracks?
    Maybe. Eight tracking tapes of Truth Social's Trumpian management might sell like hot cakes!

    His supporters might love the fact you could stick them anywhere.

  16. #56
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,160

    Re: Truth Social

    Yeah, they work equally well in an 8-track player, a toaster oven, or a tailpipe. They make pretty poor doorstops, though, as they lack the heft or shape to do a good job.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  17. #57
    Fanatic Member Peter Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    539

    Re: Truth Social

    Make great rafts for wild hamsters. Emergency tape toupee.

  18. #58
    Fanatic Member Peter Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    539

    Re: Truth Social

    Trump wants Congress to investigate market manipulation that is driving down his company's share price.

    https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/24/b...ion/index.html

  19. #59
    Super Moderator jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    110,477

    Re: Truth Social

    One thing that always stands out to me is the fact that, whenever the subject of bankruptcy comes up, Trump always likes to point out that he's never been personally declared bankrupt and implies or outright states that bankruptcy is a business strategy. What he's basically saying is that he will purposely sacrifice the money of those who have invested with him in order to preserve his personal wealth. Not sure why anyone would expect that things would be different with Trothe Senchal.

  20. #60

    Thread Starter
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,212

    Re: Truth Social

    Not sure why anyone would expect that things would be different with Trothe Senchal.
    It completely confuses me too. There is a long list of things about TS that shout, BAD INVESTMENT. But even though there are piles of ruined lives of the people that get involved with Trump, he has no problem attracting followers.

    I often wonder, do people really believe the things he says or do they want change so bad they don't care if it's lies.

  21. #61
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,160

    Re: Truth Social

    Some, probably, but as I told Dil, the ones I know that support him do so because they feel that he supports their racism.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  22. #62
    Super Moderator jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    110,477

    Re: Truth Social

    It's certainly not the case for all Trump supporters but, in my opinion, religion is the issue with many of the really nutty ones. They have been trained to not question their leaders and to just accept whatever they're told, no matter how outlandish. They've also been trained to have a persecution complex - the bible tells them that they will be persecuted so they need to feel persecuted so they know they're doing it right. Trump told religious leaders that he would end abortion and those leaders told their sheep to support him. They've given themselves over to him unquestioningly and any criticism is seen as persecution and further evidence that he must be right. The idea that anyone thinks he's an actual Christain in the first place is laughable, given that he probably fits the biblical description of the anti-Christ pretty well. I'm not sure how much is these people being weak-minded and needing religion to tell them what to do or religion retraining them but they are basically a robot army that is impervious to logic.

  23. #63

    Thread Starter
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,212

    Re: Truth Social

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    It's certainly not the case for all Trump supporters but, in my opinion, religion is the issue with many of the really nutty ones. They have been trained to not question their leaders and to just accept whatever they're told, no matter how outlandish. They've also been trained to have a persecution complex - the bible tells them that they will be persecuted so they need to feel persecuted so they know they're doing it right. Trump told religious leaders that he would end abortion and those leaders told their sheep to support him. They've given themselves over to him unquestioningly and any criticism is seen as persecution and further evidence that he must be right. The idea that anyone thinks he's an actual Christain in the first place is laughable, given that he probably fits the biblical description of the anti-Christ pretty well. I'm not sure how much is these people being weak-minded and needing religion to tell them what to do or religion retraining them but they are basically a robot army that is impervious to logic.
    When I read this I thought, yeah but Christians are a minority nowadays. WRONG. https://news.gallup.com/poll/268205/...%20and%201960s.

    Those numbers really surprised me. Even if they're not all true believers that's a much higher percentage than what I expected.

  24. #64
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,160

    Re: Truth Social

    Well, that poll is a bit too broad. That will sweep up all the people of the book, many Hindus, and probably a whole bunch of people who would describe themselves as "spiritual". Christians are estimated to be a slight majority, but that includes people who do and do not follow the religion that they are more or less associated with. Trump isn't talking to them.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  25. #65

    Thread Starter
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,212

    Re: Truth Social

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Well, that poll is a bit too broad. That will sweep up all the people of the book, many Hindus, and probably a whole bunch of people who would describe themselves as "spiritual". Christians are estimated to be a slight majority, but that includes people who do and do not follow the religion that they are more or less associated with. Trump isn't talking to them.
    Yeah I know, I was using the term Christian as a catch all. The poll was about, do you believe in God. I also realize Trump isn't talking to Christians in general. But whether the people follow or don't follow their religion, those number where much higher than I expected. I guess because most people in my orbit don't believe in God.

    Now, I can't guarantee they would say that if polled. lol

  26. #66
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,160

    Re: Truth Social

    Yeah, that's an issue with polls, especially polls with just a single question. How does that even work? Somebody calls you up and asks, "Do you believe in God?" and whatever you answer, they hang up. It's the drive-by version of evangelism.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  27. #67
    Super Moderator jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    110,477

    Re: Truth Social

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    When I read this I thought, yeah but Christians are a minority nowadays. WRONG. https://news.gallup.com/poll/268205/...%20and%201960s.

    Those numbers really surprised me. Even if they're not all true believers that's a much higher percentage than what I expected.
    America is far more Christian than Australia or most (all?) of Europe, even though America is explicitly secular and many (most? all?) European countries have state religions. There are plenty of normal people in the US who are religious but right-wing Evangelicals are a different breed and that is the group that is responsible for Trump to a large degree. He targeted them specifically and promised to end Roe v Wade and, when their religious leaders told them to support him, they did as they were told. The fact that they think he's a genuine Christain and, in many cases, literally a gift from god while claiming that Joe Biden is the fake shows just how deranged they are.

  28. #68
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,621

    Re: Truth Social

    By America we take it is US or the continent? Because as a non continent US is less Christian.
    Also how is America more Christian than Europe? Again if we are talking about the continent I hear you but not if we talk about US.
    All the orthodox countries are close to 90% and with a fast google I see that most of the other European countries are well above 60% .
    Admittedly I did not know that Australia is 38.9% none or secular belief system. That's a lot. Probably fill some gaps in hell so some of us might escape.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  29. #69
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,160

    Re: Truth Social

    Yeah, we'd be better off saying "USAians", but that's to awkward. "Ursains" would be a bear to say, so we use Americans, knowing that Canadians are too polite to object, and Mexicans don't exist....or some such reasoning.

    In the US, as in many places, people go by whatever religion they don't participate in. It's people who don't participate in this religion vs people who don't participate in that religion.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  30. #70
    Wall Poster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,849

    Re: Truth Social

    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    By America we take it is US or the continent? Because as a non continent US is less Christian.
    Also how is America more Christian than Europe? Again if we are talking about the continent I hear you but not if we talk about US.
    All the orthodox countries are close to 90% and with a fast google I see that most of the other European countries are well above 60% .
    Admittedly I did not know that Australia is 38.9% none or secular belief system. That's a lot. Probably fill some gaps in hell so some of us might escape.
    If you Google "is America more Christian than Europe" you will see that is considered an accepted fact using a number of benchmarks.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  31. #71
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,621

    Re: Truth Social

    All I get is "American adults are much more religious than western Europeans" that does exclude a lot. Also is Russia taken as a consideration?
    Also the post I answered says "far" more Christian. That is not the case. I'm lost on what we are trying to prove with that tho.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  32. #72
    Wall Poster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,849

    Re: Truth Social

    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    All I get is "American adults are much more religious than western Europeans" that does exclude a lot. Also is Russia taken as a consideration?
    Also the post I answered says "far" more Christian. That is not the case. I'm lost on what we are trying to prove with that tho.
    Maybe Google returns different results for you. Here are the first two hits from my search:

    https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...ern-europeans/

    https://www.americamagazine.org/fait...eptions-cliche
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  33. #73
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,621

    Re: Truth Social

    You posted a link that says U.S. adults are more religious than Western Europeans I wrote I googled and what I get is "American adults are much more religious than western Europeans"
    Also at a read it's says who goes to church and who not. I'm not at heavy churching, so Am I not a Christian?
    The Christian percentages of Western Europe on Major countries like Germany,Austria,Belgium,France on an average is 50-65% , the orthodox countries of Europe at 70-90% (we are at 90% although I find that low) US 65% , so there is no real difference. Note I'm wiking this. If I have to judge from here, I haven't seen one person from US that is religious, if I am not mistaken you are also not religious so I don't get the joy that US is more religious if true. So is it a another poor attempt to call me off? Why an atheist is putting it out there to prove that US is more christian? I hope there is a good reason because it does not make sense.

    On this note, Europe have been hit hard on religion from immigrants that are mostly Muslims. Many of them have radical thinking many of them not but the religious attacks are something to take note at.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  34. #74
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    39,160

    Re: Truth Social

    I'm not sure it matters, either. Trump has the evangelical crowd. Beyond that, he has the Christian nationalists, but despite the "Christian" in their name, my understanding is that these folks tend not to be observant.

    Still, I've forgotten how we got here, and don't feel like reading back to figure it out.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  35. #75
    Fanatic Member Peter Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    539

    Re: Truth Social

    From what I found for Germany, 26% of the population is Christian, 23.7% are Protestants, and 42% have no religious beliefs.

  36. #76
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,621

    Re: Truth Social

    Ye but I blend them as protestants are Christians, much like we have Orthodox and Catholics but are both Christians.
    Also this is what I talk about as Germany has over 7mil Turks that blurs up the religion as they are not Christians.
    Would be interesting to see how many native Europeans are Christians but it would be hard in countries like Germany or France but probably 90% of natives are Christians.
    Since you live there, 42 has not religious beliefs? That is also your general day to day observation?
    Last edited by sapator; Apr 29th, 2024 at 05:09 PM.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  37. #77
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,621

    Re: Truth Social

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I'm not sure it matters, either. Trump has the evangelical crowd. Beyond that, he has the Christian nationalists, but despite the "Christian" in their name, my understanding is that these folks tend not to be observant.

    Still, I've forgotten how we got here, and don't feel like reading back to figure it out.
    65% on the elections then?
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  38. #78
    Fanatic Member Peter Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    539

    Re: Truth Social

    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Since you live there, 42 has not religious beliefs? That is also your general day to day observation?
    I Googled and got that, but just now discovered it's old data from 2021, and that 42% was irreligion, meaning some have no religion or just don't practice it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_in_Germany

    34.9% of them had no religion by the end of 2021: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Germany

    At the end of 2023, it was 35%: https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/...0countries.pdf

  39. #79
    Wall Poster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,849

    Re: Truth Social

    Why an atheist is putting it out there to prove that US is more christian? I hope there is a good reason because it does not make sense
    It is easy...When someone posts obvious crap I point it out...
    Last edited by TysonLPrice; Apr 30th, 2024 at 03:46 AM.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  40. #80
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,621

    Re: Truth Social

    Lol. The crapmaster. I see no crap just a regular conversation but the crapmaster knows better y'all.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width