Thread: asdfasdfasdf

asdfasdfasdf

asdfasdfsadf

asdfasdsadf
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

Re: asdfasdfasdf

Attached picture.

[ATTACH]https://pasteboard.co/klOOvuzA8CPL.png[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Elroy; Feb 21st, 2024 at 09:10 AM.
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

asdfasdf

Quote Originally Posted by Couin View Post
    Hi friends,

I reorganizing some code parts to improve loading time.

I noticed a difference (from simple to double) when I execute the exe, compared to running from IDE.

I implented a function to measure times (with GetTickCount), you can see in the capture: to the left, app started in IDE, right, started in EXE.
    Attachment 190453
    Each lines are execution time of Subs for each Forms.

ListFonts is based on
    Code:
    For i = 0 To Screen.FontCount - 1
    If InStr(1, Screen.Fonts(i), "@") <> 1 Then Combo1.AddItem Screen.Fonts(i)
    Next
    for around 420 fonts.

LoadJPini reads each keys of an ini file and assign values to variables.

LnStrings reads keys of language section of ini file and sends values to miscellaneous captions, combos and texts fields.
    With another test I noticed that only reading keys does not take a lot of time so I think that sendinds values to fields is what that takes the most time in this sub.

FormLoads applies variables values (that we are reading with LoadJPini) to miscellaneous things like controls properties.

As well as Main and Settings forms have a lot of things, in comparation to others, they are these that takine more time to load.

In IDE it's fast enough but times are double when I start compiled exe (Native code, optimize for fast code).

I find also the fonts listing slow.

It's not critical of course, but I would understand the difference, and if it's normal (or if there is something to do to reduce exe times)

Thanks

test
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

Test