Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Israel?

PowerPoster

Re: Israel?

I realise as I read my last post back that I miss spoke (or miss typed) badly. I said Hamas casualties when I meant Palestinian casualties, If the casualties were Hamas I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    Yeah, I noticed that and it struck me as a little strange. But I wasn't in the mood to start a debate about it. Not that we are prone to do that.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Brain fart. It happens at my age
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

The problem is deeper than people seem to believe, or at least admit.

Poland just SHOCKED the world, and NATO and EU globalists are furious

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I'm not sure I see the relevance to a thread on Israel and Palestine but hey ho.

The last round of EU elections didn't go well for the EU but this video is really just hyperbole (and nothing at all to do with NATO which is an entirely separate body). All the European nations have a habit of sending anti EU candidates to be EU MPs mainly because there's very low engagement from the populations at large. The only people who get enthused about the EU elections are those that are strongly anti but that doesn't make them a majority, they're just the only people who can be bothered to vote. This is highly unlikely to translate to anyone leaving. Poland, in particular, is very strongly pro EU and has benefitted hugely since it joined - arguably more than any other member. I was living with a Polish girl a couple of years ago and have several Polish friends - the support is universal among them.

Hell, even the UK is looking increasingly like it might rejoin at some point in the future. The two major parties still aren't talking about it because it's a pretty toxic subject but it's widely recognised that leaving was a disaster and every poll now shows that support to rejoin outstrips the desire to carry on as we are. The EU's not going anywhere.

I do think NATO is under threat if Trump wins the next presidency but I'm not convinced American withdrawal would actually spell the end of the alliance. Whether it would simply continue without the US or whether it would be replaced with a new treaty I'm not sure but, in Military terms, European sentiment is more unified in the wake of the Russian attack on Ukraine than it has been for decades. Previously neutral nations are joining or seeking to join so I don't see the European arm of the alliance going anywhere - no matter what the Pro Putin Twitterati would like.

Other than that, I'm still waiting for anyone to give me a definition for "Globalist" that wouldn't, in the past, have been ascribed to the Illuminati, the New World Order, Lizard People or Jews. It's a term without meaning and really nothing more than a bogeyman. And as for the "Ukrainianization of Poland"... I mean, just, what?
    Last edited by FunkyDexter; Jun 20th, 2024 at 08:14 AM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    I'm not sure I see the relevance to a thread on Israel and Palestine but hey ho.

The last round of EU elections didn't go well for the EU but this video is really just hyperbole (and nothing at all to do with NATO which is an entirely separate body). All the European nations have a habit of sending anti EU candidates to be EU MPs mainly because there's very low engagement from the populations at large. The only people who get enthused about the EU are those that are strongly anti but that doesn't make them a majority, they're just the only people who can be bothered to vote. This is highly unlikely to translate to anyone leaving. Poland, in particular, is very strongly pro EU and has benefitted hugely since it joined - arguably more than any other member. I was living with a Polish girl a couple of years ago and have several Polish friends - the support is universal among them.

Hell, even the UK is looking increasingly like it might rejoin at some point in the future. The two major parties still aren't talking about it because it's a pretty toxic subject but it's widely recognised that leaving was a disaster and every poll now shows that support to rejoin outstrips the desire to carry on as we are. The EU's not going anywhere.

I do think NATO is under threat if Trump wins the next presidency but I'm not convinced American withdrawal would actually spell the end of the alliance. Whether it would simply continue without the US or whether it would be replaced with a new treaty I'm not sure but, in Military terms, European sentiment is more unified in the wake of the Russian attack on Ukraine than it has been for decades. Previously neutral nations are joining or seeking to join so I don't see the European arm of the alliance going anywhere - no matter what the Pro Putin Twitterati would like.

Other than that, I'm still waiting for anyone to give me a definition for "Globalist" that wouldn't, in the past, have been ascribed to the Illuminati, the New World Order, Lizard People or Jews. It's a term without meaning and really nothing more than a bogeyman. And as for the "Ukrainianization of Poland"... I mean, just, what?
    I'm surprised you even bothered to look at it...given the history of what he posts links to.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789