Thread: Greek Elections

Greek Elections

So, Sapator, I've been waiting for years for this: What's your take on it? From what coverage I've heard, the incumbents did a whole lot better than anybody expected, and better than anybody else, but not quite good enough to form a government on their own.

I always said you wouldn't be happy with the outcome, but I meant that in the sense that no matter who won, it wouldn't be anybody you'd be thrilled about. Now it looks like kind of a worst case scenario for you. Is that the case?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

King of sapila

Re: Greek Elections

Yep, the traitors got 40 + 20% but we are going on re elections in June.
    The issue is that they forced the supreme court to leave out a lot of patriotic parties by force so the votes did not really know what to do and they end up voting small parties that did not get to the parliament thus giving more boost to the traitor. Also the traitors with the company Singular Logic that is owned by a systemic bank and that their CEO is a close friend to the ex prime traitor rigged as much as they could the elections. You must be Greek to see that in some regions there was no way on earth for the first traitor to get 40% .
    Anyhow I'm not defending the people as the voting was on 50% so the traitors got 20 and 10% actually. Will see what will happen in the next run but if we don't go to vote it will be the same.
    Ye I'm not happy but I ain't sad also. I'm kinda numb as it was expected to be this way after the last few month developments. Again if we don't vote then it's our own head. Actually their head, I don't have such economic issues but we might end up splitting the Aegean oil and gas with Turkey, (traitor and US wishes).
    Will see next month.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

50% turnout? That's even worse than US elections, and we aren't good about it. Still, it's pretty hard to say what those who don't vote are thinking. Lots of them wouldn't be against anybody, they simply wouldn't have an opinion one way or the other. Some would be "None of the Above", but lots are just straight up apathetic. So, you could say that they got 20% of the population voting for them, but that doesn't mean that 80% are opposed to them. Those that don't vote are kind of like Null in the database context: It isn't an empty value, it's not a negative value, it's just not anything at all.

King of sapila

Ye but believe you me they won't vote for them if they even bothered.
    So will see next month. If the traitors win by far, I'll adopt the FK the idiots strategy. They want dictatorship they should have dictatorship.

The thing is, they won't vote for ANYBODY, since they clearly didn't vote. They're a mystery. Some support the status quo. Some don't think it matters. Some are angry, others apathetic, still more indifferent. They're a weird bunch, those non-voters.

King of sapila

There are other factors like people living in Athens but they vote in other regions and they need money to go there that they cannot afford.
    Also young people that they prefer to go to the seashore (yep, weather in Greece) rather than a rigged election and other that they suspect that the election will be rigger.
    Also there are people that due to the MEGAFAKE (the went of over 40-50% on the final elections) polls they don't bother. And other factors like Olympiakos(gavroi) fans going to the Euro-league final instead of voting (they lost buhahahahaharrr!! PANATHA!) also Greeks living abroad restricted their right to vote and people that they dictator cut their parties from the election and they didn't want to vote for others parties etc.
    So there is no such a big mystery really.

You have to return home to vote?

PowerPoster

And on a burro, at that.

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    You have to return home to vote?
    Yes sir, we are not as progressive as US.
    Actually I did not vote at home I voted on the nearby election center

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    And on a burro, at that.

And a$$ but the forum will not stand for the word...I guess..... ASS! Lol OK good forum! Staay Staaaaaayyy! GOOD FORYM, WHOSAGOOD FORUM?!

I didn't think that word would be allowed, either. Guess I never tried it. There are just so many puns you can make about donkeys. Now that I know you can use that word, you're all living on burro-ed time.

King of sapila

What is interesting about burro is that it comes from Greek (duh).
    It's an initial adaptation of butter that is burro in Latin but it does not seems to make any sense right?
    Only until you go to Greek that butter is actually divided to βους (bos) and τυρός cheese (ter) so it's a domestic cattle that makes cheese.
    Now we could argue that a burro cannot make cheese but if you are close to one, try to milk im and see for yourself.

It would be asinine if you couldn't call a donkey an ass here...a moderator would have to be a jack ass to ban someone for that.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Well, none of the moderators are named Jack, though we do have a John, would he do?

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Well, my ass is jacked, will that do?
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd