Thread: Write a value to a textbox depending on variable

Write a value to a textbox depending on variable

Hello,

I have a WPF form and created a stackpanel with 5 textboxes. (TXT1, TXT2, TXT3 ....)
    I want to fill these textboxes with a name out of a Global var named "NamePerson" and the textbox depending of the value of i.

Private Sub Button_Click(sender As Object, e As RoutedEventArgs)
    Stackpanel1.Children.Item(i).SetValue(NamePerson)
    End Sub

Can anyone tell me how i can fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Erika

Re: Write a value to a textbox depending on variable

You have to cast Stackpanel1.Children.Item(i) to TextBox and then you can access it's Text property.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    You have to cast Stackpanel1.Children.Item(i) to TextBox and then you can access it's Text property.
    And how do i do this? (i'm not experienced in WPF/.net)

Something like this:-
    Code:
    Private Sub Button_Click(sender As Object, e As RoutedEventArgs)
        DirectCast(Stackpanel1.Children(i), TextBox).Text = NamePerson
    End Sub

Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Hello Niya,

Thank you very much, this is what i needed.
    Now i can go further with my task.
    Have a nice weekend.

Regards,

Erika

Sure thing mate. You have fun now