Thread: Autosize and font problem in elementary WPF

Hyperactive Member pourkascheff's Avatar

Autosize and font problem in elementary WPF

Since the Steve R. Jones is moderator here, I suppose things are strictly tough here. This is my first thread here on WPF. I'm new to it (I mean that kind of new which didn't know how to comment in xaml till now) So this may be considered as a duplicated thread.

Lots of questions were already answered through youtube or personal experience. These are remaining:

1) Consider a tab control in a left grid you want to perform a dock-left action which leads also an empty tab item, as long as form itself. How would you do that? Wherever you see a height/width in numbers you should doubt about it (Once a big man said) I already tried "400", "*" and "auto" is there something else that I'm not aware of? Like "Fill"
    Code:
            <TabControl Grid.Column="0" Grid.Row="1" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Height="400"  VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="auto" FontFamily="Segoe ui">
                <TabItem x:Name="a" Header="DASHBOARD">
                    <!--Grid Background="#FFE5E5E5"/-->
                </TabItem>
                <TabItem x:Name="b" Header="VESSEL">
                    <!--Grid Background="#FFE5E5E5"/-->
            </TabControl>
    2) I want to use MS Segoe Fluent Icons for few specific items but when I use them all characters will turn into empty block invalid symbols. How can I rectify it? Is there a text rendering, allow ansi/unicode thing to activate here?

3) What's the difference between a WPF page and its UserControl? And is the WPFWindow equal to WinForm Forms?

If is there a useful video playlist outthere or beginners thread here, I would be delighted to take a look. Thanks in advance. ♥ <Pourkascheff/>

Re: Autosize and font problem in elementary WPF

Re: Autosize and font problem in elementary WPF

Quote Originally Posted by pourkascheff View Post
    3) What's the difference between a WPF page and its UserControl? And is the WPFWindow equal to WinForm Forms?
    A Window is like a Form object in WinForms. As for Page and UserControl, I'm not sure there is even a technical difference between them. However, Pages are meant to be used in navigation scenarios like how a web-browser works where you can go back or forward through your navigation history. A UserControl on the other hand is meant to be used to create custom controls by hosting other controls and elements.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber