Thread: VB.NET Combobox Not Scrolling Item List

Addicted Member

VB.NET Combobox Not Scrolling Item List

Hi All - I have never come across this issue until today where my ComboBox has too many items and will not allow scrolling. When I say too many items, I mean approx 5-8 items too many. Menu is visible from top to bottom of screen and I cannot see the rest. I have searched this and cannot seem to find the proper answer. I didn't think this would be such a difficult thing and thought the items would scroll automatically. Could anyone help me on this? Any help would be great! I have already attempted to shorten the list, but its just not happening.

PowerPoster

Re: VB.NET Combobox Not Scrolling Item List

How many items are you talking about?
    What is the MaxDropDownItem property, MaxLength property set to?

Just need more information and the relevant code.

Addicted Member

79 items total. Looks like about 70 can fit on my screen top to bottom without scrolling. I set both of those properties to 25, 79, 100 but does not seem to change anything or have any different effect.

Please provide a PRECISE set of steps that we can follow to reproduce the issue. If you need to create a new demo project from scratch in order to do that, do so. You probably should have done that already anyway. Isolating problematic functionality should always be part of your own diagnostic process if you can't work it out in situ.

Addicted Member

Thank you for your replies. This was really making me crazy, but I did figure out the issue. I was using:

Code:
    Combobox1.MaxDropDownItems = CMB1.Length
    I did not realize that using this was putting the combobox in a single complete list and removing the scroll button.