Thread: What You Know About Dental care

What You Know About Dental care

I have been suffering from dental problems for the past few days. Which is very painful for me. I can't take cold water or cold food at all and don't know what to do about this problem. Please help me.

Re: What You Know About Dental care

You have posted in:

VBForums: Forum Test Area
    This forum is for you to post test messages and such. This will allow you to figure out the posting and responding features without cluttering the main forums
    As a general rule - people don't respond to posts here..... BUT - if you really do have the Dental Issues - You need to see a Dentist. The sooner the better.
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

Salt water, ibuprofen, toothpaste rubbed on the area, clove oil even better, dentist. I had a wisdom tooth pulled an hour ago.
    https://github.com/yereverluvinunclebert

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

King of sapila

That is coming from my dentist because I too have (not in the area of I can't stand the pain but sometimes extreme cold may annoy me) small dental issues.
    Use colgate sensitive or any other brand with similar prioritization.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

I'm now 70, and didn't take the best care of my teeth in my youth. Now, I've lost count of how many root canals I've had, and am scheduled for another in a couple of weeks.

I now take immaculate care of my teeth, flossing (with the little pre-made floss sticks) about 6 times a day, and brush and use mouthwash often as well. I just REALLY don't want to get into dentures.

My wife complained at first, but I've got little shot-glasses of those floss sticks sitting all around the house (in all the bathrooms, by my den side-table, and also on the kitchen table). In fact, I've found that I might start getting a tooth-ache, and if I start flossing that tooth like crazy (combined with frequent mouthwash), it'll often calm down.

I also keep spare antibiotic pills that my dentist has given me in the past. Sometimes, I just pop one when a tooth is acting up, and it'll often calm down. (Yeah, I know, the dentist says not to do this, but heck, at 70, what's it gonna hurt.)
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    I'm now 70, and didn't take the best care of my teeth in my youth. Now, I've lost count of how many root canals I've had, and am scheduled for another in a couple of weeks.

I now take immaculate care of my teeth, flossing (with the little pre-made floss sticks) about 6 times a day, and brush and use mouthwash often as well. I just REALLY don't want to get into dentures.
    1. I haven't lost count of my root canals.... I've had three.... ALL ON THE SAME FRICKEN TOOTH.

2. Every Dentist or Hygienist I've seen in the last MANY years freak out when I mention that I buy "little pre-made floss sticks" BY THE CASE... Oral-B Glide Floss Picks-30 count (Pack of 6)

I stopped being able to find them in stores but AMAZON sells them.