Thread: [RESOLVED] Is there any UI engine like as Windows Interface Composition Engine ("Wice") ?

Resolved [RESOLVED] Is there any UI engine like as Windows Interface Composition Engine ("Wice") ?

Actually, this question is in the following article, but I wanted to ask separately, maybe I will find good material :
    Thread: DirectComposition in vb?

based on
    Windows Interface Composition Engine ("Wice") is a .NET UI engine for creating Windows application

Is there an engine for user interface design in VB or not? The only thing that I have worked a little with in VB these years is cairo, does anyone know of other examples?
    Last edited by Black_Storm; Feb 8th, 2023 at 03:23 PM.
    [ ... active on skype and discord ... ] ,[always strive to achieve your dreams] , [always try,dont stop,never say never]

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

Re: Is there any UI engine like as Windows Interface Composition Engine ("Wice") ?

By the way, 'like' and 'as' mean roughly the same thing.

"Is there any UI engine like the Windows Interface Composition Engine?"
    "Is there any UI engine such as the Windows Interface Composition Engine?"

Cairo? user interface design? Are you looking for alternatives for creating windowless graphical applications to run on Windows or are you looking for alternatives to WinForms/WPF apps &c? Why don't you try to be more succinct as to your actual requirement? Be more specific as to what you are trying to achieve.
    https://github.com/yereverluvinunclebert

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

Frenzied Member

Re: Is there any UI engine like as Windows Interface Composition Engine ("Wice") ?

What is this about windows composition? Can anyone explain to me? What is and what the benefits to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by yereverluvinuncleber View Post
    By the way, 'like' and 'as' mean roughly the same thing.

"Is there any UI engine like the Windows Interface Composition Engine?"
    "Is there any UI engine such as the Windows Interface Composition Engine?"

Cairo? user interface design? Are you looking for alternatives for creating windowless graphical applications to run on Windows or are you looking for alternatives to WinForms/WPF apps &c? Why don't you try to be more succinct as to your actual requirement? Be more specific as to what you are trying to achieve.

In fact, you still don't know that I use Google for translation and I have mentioned it in some questions, so it is better not to get involved in these things.

Actually, I know what I'm looking for, and especially I create the questions in a different way because it seems that there are differences in their design and the text of the question is clear, so don't be so involved in these things and answers like this are not useful.
    Last edited by Black_Storm; Feb 7th, 2023 at 02:40 PM.
    [ ... active on skype and discord ... ] ,[always strive to achieve your dreams] , [always try,dont stop,never say never]

Quote Originally Posted by georgekar View Post
    What is this about windows composition? Can anyone explain to me? What is and what the benefits to use it?
    google it , my question its just about any engine about design ui (user interface) , i just saw some demoes or libraries in other languages and i wanted know about exist something like that in vb6 or no and etc ...

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

Badly worded questions and unclear requirements make for a bad request for help. Getting your request into an understandable shape is a great boon to attract answers. Biting back on the thread will reduce your chances of receiving help.

Try to clarify what you want and perhaps others might be able/bothered to assist.
    https://github.com/yereverluvinunclebert

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

The text is clear and no further explanation is needed, especially since it is also provided with examples.
    It seems that you have not even read the text of the post or the link attached to the post, and if you had spared a minute and looked at the link, you would not have wasted your time with such questions, the grammar may not be correct ( as i mentioned about google translator before too) , but with this The existence of an example can convey the meaning of the question, and of course it seems that you are involved in a word, considering that you don't even have time to look, I will make it easier for you:
    in that github desciption if you can read this :

Windows Interface Composition Engine ("Wice") is a .NET UI engine for creating Windows application.
    Here are the key points for Wice:

• It's available for the .NET Framework 4.7.2 and higher (use the "Wice" project).
    • It's available for .NET 5 and higher (use the "WiceCore" project).
    • It requires Windows 10 version 1809 ("Redstone 5").
    • It's not cross-platform and was never intended to be.
    • It's not dependent on WPF nor Winforms, nor WinUI 2 nor 3, nor Windows XAML, nor UWP, it's another UI Framework. The way it works is somewhat inspired from WPF, but there is no technical dependency over it.
    • It's based on Windows UI Composition (aka Direct Composition) DirectX 11, Direct 2D and WIC, so it uses composition and doesn't redraw the screen all the time, only when needed.
    • It has no editor, no descriptive markup langage, it's a code-only UI Framework.
    Of course, there is no need to explain more than this. If you have a problem with grammar, your biggest help can be not helping better than stuck on some words like as "like as or such as".
    Last edited by Black_Storm; Feb 8th, 2023 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Storm View Post
    Actually, this question is in the following article, but I wanted to ask separately, maybe I will find good material :
    Thread: DirectComposition in vb?

based on
    Windows Interface Composition Engine ("Wice") is a .NET UI engine for creating Windows application

Is there an engine for user interface design in VB or not? The only thing that I have worked a little with in VB these years is cairo, does anyone know of other examples?
    Why did you change the font *and* the color of the link to Wice to bold black captionlike one?

So that no one can click on it and this discussion fade away and be able to blame everyone else being lazy?

Or is it once again the ominous Google Translate to blame for such self-inflicted uncleverness?

cheers,
    </wqw>

Of course, Google can make it more difficult in translation, as before, regarding the link, I tried to use the editor to link and did not color it just i maked link and bolded, but it turned out like this, but if the word
    "based on" was a bit careful, it seems that the link can be as you could understand

Of course, it seems that this person read quickly and did not even try for this article, he could have come and pointed out the point you mentioned instead of being involved in the word "like as and such as"

I am trying to change the color of the link in the editor again, although I don't know why this problem happened

lol guys. I think it's pretty clear what he is asking from his OP.

He is asking if there is a DirectX UI framework like WICE for VB6. WICE is an alternative to WinForms, UWP and WPF for .Net programmers. This question causes confusion because UI frameworks is not a common topic of discussion, if at all, in VB6 circles. VB6's UI engine doesn't even have an official name as far as I know and it's pretty much married to VB6 as a whole. You won't hear VB6 programmers talking about the different UI Frameworks they use they same way you would hear it in other programming communities because it's pretty much just one.

As for OP's question, the only thing I have ever seen that comes close to an alternative UI framework in the VB6 world would be Olaf's Cairo widgets engine in his RichClient library but I don't think that's hardware accelerated. One may even be able to make an argument that Krool's controls is part of an alternate UI Framework for VB6. I wouldn't consider it as such since it still has to sit on top of VB6's UI foundation and it has no independent rendering engine.

If what you want is a hardware accelerated UI engine for VB6, you might have to write your own or just move to a more modern development environment. Those are your two choices.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Guys you dont need to be confused like as someones lol ,Do not pay attention to the content that some people are stuck in here :]] ,ofc very clear, also provided with an one example of hundreds of examples that makes the issue much clearer this is about UI engine library to can help about design ui applications.

It seems that the only way to achieve such engines is to use another programming language similar to C/C++ that can be used to design the desired engine or references. C/C++ language was used to design TLB/DLLs,etc..., this question is not excluded.The UI design library in .NET was an example of hundreds of examples that were designed, of course, it is not only dependent on the .NET environment, it can be designed and used in other languages too,this point is clear lol.but it is similar to frameworks such as Codejock or some ui engines like as skin crafter or libraries like as cairo. As I mentioned in post number 1, they can only be used in the VB environment so far

Also, I could only find a few usable skinners on VB that seem to be designed with the help of other programming languages, there was only one case where I could access the source and that was skinner by Leandro and I have not found another case yet.

guys, if you know any examples, help to find them because the text of the question is clear and I am looking for more examples. Such explanations and theories of how to design or what environments to use for design and the like should be clear before asking questions. They do not need to be explained again

The question is simple, is there a similar library in VB ? that seems to have only the examples mentioned and no more, except to be designed with the help of other programming languages or VB itself.
    Last edited by Black_Storm; Feb 9th, 2023 at 05:33 AM.