Thread: Getting ready for Windows 11

Getting ready for Windows 11

Hi,

In preparation for Windows 11, I've copied my VB6 Professional Edition CD to an external hard drive along with the Service Pack 6 CD. Used those copies to install VB on a Window 7 Virtual Drive and it worked great, with the exception of this error every time I start VB6:

Name:  2023-02-04 11_18_07-Windows 7 Home Premium - VMware Workstation 16 Player (Non-commercial use on.png
Views: 212
Size:  29.3 KB

The error doesn't seem to effect the operation.

Tried the same thing with the 2001 MSDN Library and it failed to load. Anyone know how to get that setup on to a external drive, mine came with 3 CDs?

Eve Online - Mining, Missions & Market Trading!

Re: Getting ready for Windows 11

You need to use VSInstaller for a flawless VB6 installation on any modern Windows 10/11: http://nuke.vbcorner.net/LinkClick.a...language=en-US

Quote Originally Posted by VanGoghGaming View Post
    You need to use VSInstaller for a flawless VB6 installation on any modern Windows 10/11: http://nuke.vbcorner.net/LinkClick.a...language=en-US
    Nah....Don't think so....I've installed VB6 (and SP6) on SEVERAL win 10's and one Win 11...no issues. (I follow the instructions Elroy once posted.) Sure, once in a while I had a problem, but that was because I didn't follow the instructions very well. But, no, I think anyone can install VB6 on 10 or 11 with no issues without using that VSInstaller. (Just my opinion...)

Sammi
    Sam I am (as well as Confused at times).

The Idiot

if I remember correctly there was issue to install it in windows 7 as well.
    but just renaming/deleting one file fixed it (don't remember well)
    and someone wrote in a thread that there where no issue to install in windows 10 (when 10 was new)
    I use windows 7, but I have installed VB6 on 2 windows 10 computers. one laptop and one microcomputer and installed without issues (used the original installer)
    not sure about windows 11. but reading what people say about it it should not be an issue there as well.

PowerPoster

First run Setup.exe until the error.
    Copy VS98ENT.stf as acmsetup.stf ("VS" could be "VB" and/or "ENT" be "PRO", anyway copy the *.stf file in the folder as acmsetup.stf)
    Then run ACMSETUP.EXE

That is the very basic intruction to install in Win-64.