Thread: Another line drawing question

Lively Member

Question Another line drawing question

In this post, https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....86#post5593486, I had asked for help drawing lines in a form that would be over buttons, i.e., be visible. The answer provided by Jmcilhinney works just fine.

Sadly, I am again having this issue with the same program. This time, I tried to draw some lines over several buttons using the same constructs as before. The code is triggered by clicking one button (which is outside the area of the line drawing) - the click routine creates the path (array of points) and the line is then drawn in the Paint event handler. The problem is this: the line only appears over the first button.

Not sure if it matters, but the Paint event routine is the form’s Paint event and there is an AddHandler call connecting the buttons (over which the line is to be drawn) to the event routine. If it matters, I could provide the code for this routine.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Re: Another line drawing question

Quote Originally Posted by groston View Post
    …If it matters, I could provide the code for this routine.
    It matters. We’d need to see the code

Lively Member

I believe that all of the necessary files are attached. Note that the Project.vb file is to allow me to use command line variables - nothing has been added yet.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by groston; Feb 3rd, 2023 at 04:55 PM.

Please only attach ZIP files as a last resort. Your first option should be to post ONLY the relevant code directly, as text formatted as code.

Quote Originally Posted by groston View Post
    Note that the Project.vb file is to allow me to use command line variables - nothing has been added yet.
    I'm not sure why you would need an extra file for that. You can call Environment.GetCommandLineArgs anywhere in your code, or you can handle the Startup event of the application and get the commandline parameters in the handler. You can set commandline parameters in the project properties for testing in the debugger.