Thread: Convert form code to visual studio 2022

Convert form code to visual studio 2022

Hello, im having some trouble to run the code of the attached form in visual studio 2022, can someone be kind to convert and send the form ready to work in visual tudio 2022.

also i want to know is it possible to use this code in a excel VBA form?

Best regards, Rodrigo.

PackRectangles.zip

Re: Convert form code to visual studio 2022

Can you post the actual code here, between CODE tags (# symbol on the Reply)? Then we could just view it and see what we can determine from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodmac View Post
    Hello, im having some trouble to run the code of the attached form in visual studio 2022, can someone be kind to convert and send the form ready to work in visual tudio 2022.
    What have you tried? What is the problem you are having? Are there any errors? If you want help then you need to give us something to work with!

Have you tried creating a new project and adding the attached form to the project?

You need to be specific. There's generally no conversion necessary in VB code simply because you're upgrading your VS version. Almost all code is forwards-compatible, even if it was written in VB.NET 2002. There are often better ways to do things now but the old ways almost always work. You need to tell us EXACTLY what happens and EXACTLY where it happens in the code. Don't expect us all to individually work out stuff that you already know or should already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodmac View Post
    i want to know is it possible to use this code in a excel VBA form?
    No. There may be some things that will work similarly but VBA is a different language. You'd be far more likely to be able to use VB6 code directly in VBA but, even then, there will almost certainly be differences.

Also, is there really such a thing as a "VBA form"? I doubt it. Applications may have their own forms that you can use VBA in but I don't think that VBA has its own concept of a form, the way VB6 and VB.NET do.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    …Also, is there really such a thing as a "VBA form"? I doubt it. Applications may have their own forms that you can use VBA in but I don't think that VBA has its own concept of a form, the way VB6 and VB.NET do.
    There is a form of sorts that resembles a .Net Panel