Thread: Anyone using an Ubuntu VM on Windows 10?

Anyone using an Ubuntu VM on Windows 10?

Anyone using an Ubuntu VM on Windows 10?

Do I need VirtualBox - or are there other options that work like VirtualBox?

TIA!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Re: Anyone using an Ubuntu VM on Windows 10?

I have been running UB in VMware Workstation since Ver. 3

But, I prefer UB on ESXi even with Workstation almost free now

Finally got around to installing VMware Workstation and have UB installed!

I see that I can download VS Code to run directing in Linux to make a C++ app...

Can I also use VS from Windows and work the VM remotely?? Like when I write for an Android Emulator?

What is the preferred method to develop code?

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Well - this moment in this video shows a remote coder running VS CODE in Linux "assisting" someone running C++ code in Visual Studio in Windows.

https://youtu.be/Y5Els11sY1A?t=496

Still don't know what is preferred, but MS sure is bragging about this super cool functionality.

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008