Thread: [VB6] Create a TaskPane For Ms Office : Excel - Word - Access - PowerPoint - Outlook

Banned

[VB6] Create a TaskPane For Ms Office : Excel - Word - Access - PowerPoint - Outlook

1/ About 2 years ago I wrote 1 AddIns Taskpane on VB6 which is very good for 32-bit Office. But when I copy to another computer, it gives me an error of missing libraries. I find the relevant libraries. Copy through Regsvr32 but still can't use it ... after a while I switched to Ms Office 64 bit, it was completely unusable on VB6 machine Because UserControl.ocx written on VB6 is 32 bit, so I give it up and don't use it anymore.

2/ Recently due to need and I'm self-studying Delphi, so I wrote a small function using ActiveX COM that connects to UserControl.ocx and works well when you write OCX as VB6 copy to another computer attached. DriverTaskPane.dll written by me works fine without any missing library error

3/ I uploaded it here to share it with anyone who needs it
    4/ To use it do the following:

- on VB6 you design a UserControl.ocx and what you write in it depends on your usage needs

- Download 2 libraries I wrote including 32 and 64 bit

32 is only used for *.OCX 32 bit and 64 is only used for *.OCX 64 bit

- From VBA declare to use as follows:
    Code:
    Sub ShowTaskPane()
        Dim CTP As Object
        Set CTP = CreateObject("DriverTaskPane.cTaskPane")
        With CTP.CreateCTP("VB6.UserControl1", "My Caption") ''VB6.UserControl1 = UserControl.OCX
            .DockPosition = msoCTPDockPositionRight
            .Visible = True
       End With
       Set CTP = Nothing
    End Sub
    after running the code it will show your From UserControl in TaskPane Excel

5/ DriverTaskPane.dll supports all programming languages that support writing ActiveX and creating UserControl.ocx according to Ms.

6/ Support for Use for Ms Office: Excel - Word - Access - PowerPoint - Outlook

7/ You only need to write 1 UserControl.ocx to use it for Excel - Word - Access - PowerPoint - Outlook

https://github.com/KieuManh366377/Dr...OMTaskPane.rar

(I don't know English - Google translate and I didn't learn to program, but I learned from Google myself, so the sentences will not be correct, if there is anything wrong, please forgive me)
    Last edited by PhuongNam; Jan 3rd, 2023 at 07:56 PM.

Banned

Re: [VB6] Create a TaskPane For Ms Office : Excel - Word - Access - PowerPoint - Outl

After successful execution, it will display as shown below

I don't use Ms Office 2003 so I can't test it and I don't know if it's usable or not for Office 2003...

good use from Ms Office 2007 to 2021 for 32 and 64 bit
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by PhuongNam; Jan 4th, 2023 at 02:20 AM.

Hyperactive Member

Re: [VB6] Create a TaskPane For Ms Office : Excel - Word - Access - PowerPoint - Outl

where is the source code please?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by loquat View Post
    where is the source code please?
    You create a code project on your VB6 as UserControl.ocx and then follow the instructions of post #1.

I uploaded the file very slowly, waiting for a long time
    you follow the following image and then Make it will produce a file VB6.ocx
    finished you Regsvr32 for File DriverTaskPane32.dll and File VB6.ocx
    Then Copy the Code of Lesson 1 into VBA and run it to see the TaskPane it shows up

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  30.5 KB

UserControl.zip
    Last edited by PhuongNam; Jan 5th, 2023 at 05:01 AM.

Banned

On my computer... I'm designing Web embeds in TaskPane and find it interesting too

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  76.3 KB

Generally, we don't allow posting compiled code without including the source. Things are a bit different for GitHub, as linking to that will sometimes mean that compiled code will show up, and this is a CodeBank thread.

Anything on GitHub is always going to be 'use at your own risk.'

EDIT: Thread moved to Utilities, where compiled binaries are allowed. Still, use at your own risk.
    Last edited by Shaggy Hiker; Jan 19th, 2023 at 10:07 AM.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing