Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: ChatGPT

Re: ChatGPT

And, of course it got it wrong. Had you included my name spelled correctly, then it certainly would have known.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

King of sapila

It really did not matter because as I was typing, swiftly figured out that it was futile since I am the best, so kinda flogged the names quickly.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Eve Online - Mining, Missions & Market Trading!

Wink Re: ChatGPT

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    Does the Pope wear a funny coat?
    It's GoreTex!

PowerPoster

Isn't Tex Gore one of Al's cousins from out west?

PowerPoster

"Windows 12" will require onboard AI hardware?

Considering that "onboard AI hardware" probably means, "a good video card", I'm not sure that's a huge lift. The rest of the video is much more interesting, in my view.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Porter View Post
    I've asked ChatGPT to create this poem:
    Please try to write a poem or a more pertinent comment to this great programmer inventor.
    vfb ,visual freebasic ide,like vb7

http://www.yfvb.com/soft-48.htm

Origin of VisualFreeBasic

Since the birth of FreeBASIC for more than ten years, its IDE has been in the state of code editor, and there is no automatic processing, except for experienced programmers who can use it. Novices have no way to start and simply don't know where to start. Until 2015, FireFly software developed by Paul Squires (nationality: Canada) appeared, which greatly simplified FB programming and enabled novices to write software in FB.

Although FireFly has brought great progress to FB's IDE, many of them are not satisfactory, so at the end of 2016, Yongfang began to patch FireFly for more than two years. Because there is no source code, it can only be patched with DLL combined with plug-in technology. I have gradually accumulated a lot of experience in doing IDE in my research on FireFly.

It has been very mature since FireFly 3.X was patched for more than two years, and it was named VisualFreeBasic 4.X However, due to the lack of IDE source code, it was impossible to continue to improve and add better functions. So in June 2019, VFB5 was written from scratch with VFB4, and it took five months (with experience and imitation, and a lot of code written for FireFly before, It was written in a short time, and if there was nothing, it was written by Yong Fang alone, and a stable beta version was published, so VisualFreeBasic5 was born. Programming is endless, life is endless, and improvement is endless. VisualFreeBasic will get better and better.

Many people will question? FireFly 3.X hasn't been updated for so many years? Yes, it hasn't been updated, because FireFly was developed with PowerBASIC, not FreeBASIC. The original wanted to develop with FreeBASIC. Since 2017, the software named WinFBE has been developed, and it is open source, but the development efficiency is too low. After three years, the software looks like a semi-finished product, and it is only suitable for experts to play, but novices can't play at all, and it seriously deviates from the original FireFly way.

PowerPoster

WinFBE, an IDE that has been in development for many years, has a very simple interface like twinbasic.And I tested that he didn't have such a language pack.

This author has previously developed another version of the IDE designed to be more powerful, similar to the vB6, but lacking many features.The latest version, I did a test two days ago.I found it very difficult to create a new form. But after learning it, I feel it is more convenient, but the function is too simple.

Just like ie11 failed, the development of edge failed again, and then everything was thrown away directly, the Google kernel was put in, and the interface development was better, more functional and more convenient.I am very satisfied that the result is finally successful.

The author of VfB has been developing for 7 years. How many 7 or 10 years can be wasted in a person's life.
    The product itself is also free, and he gets very little return from it, maybe only $500. Seven years of work is not as good as someone else's income in a day.

On the contrary, if all his interfaces can be readjusted to make the simplest interface, it will be better to use.
    just like vb6 ide addin,vba addin,You can delete any menu. Or increase the functionality of the tab.
    Now there are so many functions of the software。I don't think it's very convenient to use.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; May 19th, 2023 at 01:51 PM.

PowerPoster

Our this forum website, I feel is VB6 the most authentic exchange big station.
    Maybe there is a greater community.
    If I ask AI to tell me the 10 most famous and active VB communities.
    It seems that no one has used this software seriously in our forum.So I hope someone can try it and give me the most pertinent evaluation.

Is this software easy to use? How about his design idea? Why does a person persist in developing for such a long time?

PowerPoster

What's a miniblink?This is a free minified version of Google Kernel.

I didn't develop him either.And the sharepdevelp development tool
    I admire these three softwares very much.
    I like free things best. It can be used without spending money.

This was done with a collaboration request from a well-known software company, as well as the opportunity to develop with the author of C#。

It should be said that he developed a free product, and then he finally became famous and got money in return. But he still offers a free version.

Miniblink is a brand-new browser kernel project that pursues extreme com
    pactness.
    Based on the latest version of chromium kernel, it removes all the redundant components of chromium and only keeps the most basic typesetting engine blink.
    Miniblink maintains a minimalist size of about 10M, which is the smallest size of all similar products, and supports windows xp and npapi at the same time.
    Now the latest version is about 30 megabytes.
    Google Kernel, version 75. Google has now reached the 130 or so version.

Maybe the old version can achieve most of the functions.
    If the new version is simplified, the workload is very large.

edge webview2,There are three versions of this, basically around 400 megabytes.
    Compared with this, the volume is reduced by 10 times. Most of the functions can be realized.

The main reason I say this is that these people have invented some great products. What are they doing with this great software? Why can it last for 5 years and 10 years?

PowerPoster

And out comes a man from Mars
    And you try to run but he's got a gun
    And he shoots you dead and he eats your head
    And then you're in the man from Mars
    You go out at night eatin' cars
    You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
    Mercurys and Subaru
    And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars
    Then, when there's no more cars you go out at night
    And eat up bars where the people meet

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    I've asked ChatGPT to create this poem:
    Please try to write a poem or a more pertinent comment to this great programmer inventor.
    vfb ,visual freebasic ide,like vb7

http://www.yfvb.com/soft-48.htm
    Xiaoyao, you have to be the first programmer on the planet to ask someone to ask ChatGPT to write something for you when you can ask this AI yourself.

Our this forum website, I feel is VB6 the most authentic exchange big station.
    Maybe there is a greater community.

If I ask AI to tell me the 10 most famous and active VB communities.
    It seems that no one has used this software seriously in our forum.So I hope someone can try it and give me the most pertinent evaluation.
    ChatGPT couldn't list any forum where there are posts on WinFBE, if that's what you're writing about.

...I hope someone can try it and give me the most pertinent evaluation.
    Are you the author of WinFBE? If not, no one is stopping you from trying it yourself.

What's a miniblink?This is a free minified version of Google Kernel.
    I never heard of it. Glad you asked yourself!

You know everything you wrote above comes off as spam.
    Last edited by Peter Porter; May 20th, 2023 at 12:27 PM.

It does, but it isn't. It's the result of some poor translation software. True idiomatic Chinese and true idiomatic English don't translate all that well. We say things that make sense to others who speak the language, but if translated literally, they make very little sense at all.

PowerPoster

Eerie thought. Does this (or possibly future) service do things like accept a description, nickname, and a few constraining factors about a person and then run through its database of scraped data to present a doxing profile on your target or a list of probable matching individuals?

Or is that what some of the posts above were describing?

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Eerie thought. Does this (or possibly future) service do things like accept a description, nickname, and a few constraining factors about a person and then run through its database of scraped data to present a doxing profile on your target or a list of probable matching individuals?
    Perhaps in the future but not now. GPT-4 has recently added the ability to browse the internet, click links and parse the content. Google Bard was also recently opened to the public with web browsing capabilities. One of the first things I did was to tell both of them to go on VBForums.com and tell me about me about myself, giving it my handle, Niya. The idea was to see if these AIs have the ability to target and scrape my posts specifically, process them and do up a profile on me. They both failed. However, this doesn't mean they won't be able to do this by next year but for now, they can't.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Ok wow.....I just decided to test GPT-4 again after making the above post and it seems Open AI has already fixed it. I gave it this query:-
    Go on VBForums and tell me something about the user Niya.
    And after about a minute of scraping scraping the web:-

It came up with this:-
    Niya is a very active user on VBForums, a platform dedicated to discussions related to Visual Basic and VB .NET. They joined the forum in November 2011 and, as of the last post I found, they have contributed over 8,410 posts​1​.

Their activity spans a range of topics. For instance, in July 2021, Niya started a thread about a simple web server they developed using pure VB.Net code. In the thread, they shared that the project started as a small sample but grew as they added more functionality. Niya intended this project to be a teaching tool, providing insights into how web servers work, including aspects like 404 errors, favicons, redirects, and downloads. They cautioned that the project is not intended for building real websites, but rather for demonstration and learning purposes. The project requires Visual Studio 2019 and .Net 5 to open and compile​2​.

When asked by another forum member if it was possible to return actual web pages with a form and process them upon a POST request, Niya confirmed that it was indeed possible. They described the server as a "real web server in every sense of the word," albeit a skeleton implementation without all the features of a production-quality web server​3​.

However, I was not able to find more recent posts from Niya due to limited browsing time. There may be more recent contributions by Niya that I have not discovered yet.
    This information is 100% accurate. It wasn't capable of the first week or so of it's release. I guess it is now.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Ok it seem it has limits. I asked it a follow up question about me:-
    Tell me about Niya's political leanings.
    It tried for a minute again, making various searches and it came up with this:-
    I'm sorry, but I wasn't able to find specific information on Niya's political leanings from the VBForums site. While I was able to find various posts by Niya, none of them explicitly mentioned or implied political beliefs or stances. Niya seems to be primarily focused on technical discussions related to programming and the use of Visual Basic.

Please note that political leanings or beliefs are often considered private, and users on a programming forum like VBForums may choose not to share such information. If you have any other queries or need information on a different topic, feel free to ask.
    I guess it cannot yet target specific information about users on a website based on limiting criteria like political beliefs. So I guess for now, we are safe from AI based censorship.

PowerPoster

I guess I'd worry more about responses to queries asking for home address, phone numbers, employer, investments, net worth, account numbers, typical daily itinerary, sleep schedule, etc.

I can imagine narrower and more specific things like "home and work addresses of drivers of vehicles with quickly removable high value parts within 60 miles of me." Or even specific make, model, year vehicles when a quick and easy theft exploit becomes known.

In that case, I wouldn't worry too much. Because currently, these AI tools like Bard and ChatGPT do it no differently to us meaning if you can't find that information using a casual Google search, AI is not going to find it either. I mean if I could find that information myself without AI, that might be the actual problem. Currently AI doesn't make the impossible possible. It only speeds up what is already possible.

However, it doesn't mean that organizations can't attach AI to internal proprietary searching technology to do it. I could imagine the NSA, CIA or FBI doing something like this.

PowerPoster

I'm less concerned that AI has magical powers or access to data we can't all find. I'm more worried about the breadth of the database it works from, built over time, and its ability to do fairly fast and robust searches, correlation, and distillation of the data to order.

It sounds like your experience suggests that it doesn't yet work from accumulated data, instead doing web searches to fulfill requests. I guess that would limit its power to some extent by limiting the practical amount of data it can winnow today.

I'm less concerned that AI has magical powers or access to data we can't all find. I'm more worried about the breadth of the database it works from, built over time, and its ability to do fairly fast and robust searches, correlation, and distillation of the data to order.
    Yea, this is a legitimate concern. If someone manages to get a hold of a large cache of personal data, AI will be able to do a lot of very very scary things with it. I'm willing to bet intelligence agencies around the world are already salivating over this.

It sounds like your experience suggests that it doesn't yet work from accumulated data, instead doing web searches to fulfill requests. I guess that would limit its power to some extent by limiting the practical amount of data it can winnow today.
    Yea, this is the current state of it.

They also has built-in artificial time limits. They are only allowed to search for a finite amount of time so if it can't find the information within a few minutes it will time out. I don't think this is for moral reasons though. I believe this is simply because of cost. A single query to ChatGPT costs something like 100K I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Ok it seem it has limits. I asked it a follow up question about me:-

It tried for a minute again, making various searches and it came up with this:-

I guess it cannot yet target specific information about users on a website based on limiting criteria like political beliefs. So I guess for now, we are safe from AI based censorship.
    I was going to mention it didn't mention your political leanings but you beat me to it...
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

I was going to mention it didn't mention your political leanings but you beat me to it...
    It may not be able to figure it out today but as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, it will be capable of such discernment in the future. Big tech tends to lean hard left and one of the defining features of leftism is an insatiable hunger to impose leftist morality upon everyone they can. I have no doubt that the web-scraping AIs of the future will be able to identify users on forums espousing unsanctioned beliefs which will then be used to persecuting them in various ways from forum bans and doxxing to outright criminal prosecution.

This was the exact reason I tested Bard and ChatGPT with those queries. I wanted to see how far along big tech was in their ability to detect people like me with unsanctioned beliefs. Seems I have some time left

Big tech tends to lean hard left and one of the defining features of leftism is an insatiable hunger to impose leftist morality upon everyone they can.
    You just don't get it...the country is leaning left. Society and the media just reflect that. The right feels left behind and consider it some kind of conspiracy. The truth is society is moving away from them.

I wanted to give Google's Bard a try, but it's not available for Germany and all the other EU countries because of our data protection and privacy laws.

Might be the same for ChatGPT 4, but I'm still using the free version.

It may not be able to figure it out today but as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, it will be capable of such discernment in the future. Big tech tends to lean hard left and one of the defining features of leftism is an insatiable hunger to impose leftist morality upon everyone they can. I have no doubt that the web-scraping AIs of the future will be able to identify users on forums espousing unsanctioned beliefs which will then be used to persecuting them in various ways from forum bans and doxxing to outright criminal prosecution.

This was the exact reason I tested Bard and ChatGPT with those queries. I wanted to see how far along big tech was in their ability to detect people like me with unsanctioned beliefs. Seems I have some time left

As long as you don't post a call to arms manifesto, you have all the time in the world.

I wanted to give Google's Bard a try, but it's not available for Germany and all the other EU countries because of our data protection and privacy laws.

Might be the same for ChatGPT 4, but I'm still using the free version.
    That is very very bad. If these countries don't get over whatever it is they fear, they will be left behind. Access to powerful AIs is going to be essential in the near future if a country wants to remain competitive.

You just don't get it...the country is leaning left....The truth is society is moving away from them.
    Anheuser-Busch thought so too.

As long as you don't post a call to arms manifesto, you have all the time in the world.
    It won't take anything that drastic.

Anheuser-Busch thought so too.
    Touché...but Fox news making a major narrative over it was a big part of it. Same thing they did to Target over LGBTQ clothing.

Fox News? hahaha ....Fox News is irrelevant here. Twitter is the driving force behind this. Ordinary and famous folk alike speaking up on Twitter is where this all began. Fox News had nothing to do with it. They only really started paying attention after the boycott went viral on Twitter. They are just spectators in this whole thing.

Don't take this the wrong way but some of you here really need to start getting into social media. It feels like you're so out of touch. You're clinging to corporate media as if they are still relevant. Us young folk, we're on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc. That's where you go to take the pulse of culture, not Fox News lol.

Here's a small tip. Go on Twitter and see what's trending. More than a few times you're going to hit on something that the corporate media like Fox News and CNN will be talking about next week. They're always late to the party lol....Now not everything that is trending on Twitter blows up but there is where you can get in on current events early.

Social media also gives you something corporate media can't, which is quick and reliable feedback from the people. I mean when you watch a story on CNN or Fox, you really have no idea what the other people watching it are thinking. You don't know if they're angry, sad or happy but on social media, you find out very quickly where the wind is blowing on any particular event.

TLDR; You need to get with the times man

PowerPoster

Molson Coors (Miller Lite) tried a spoof ad campaign trying to profit off the backlash against the ill-conceived Bud Light campaign. But it used such a heavy hand that stung-once consumers mostly didn't grasp its sarcasm, and neither did the small minority who the Bud Light campaign had tried to bootlick. Some really wacky ads about women inventing beer.

Reminds me of a song:

"Trogs to the right of me, nutjobs to the left, here I am: stuck in the middle with you."

This whole BudLight fiasco has provided me with a lot of entertainment. It's fun watching these companies run around like headless chickens trying to figure out what is happening. I find it hilarious that none of these companies understand why this revolt is happening. They keep looking for the answer everywhere except where they will actually get them.

PowerPoster

Perhaps related:

PowerPoster

You just don't get it...the country is leaning left. Society and the media just reflect that. The right feels left behind and consider it some kind of conspiracy. The truth is society is moving away from them.
    U.S. Political Ideology Steady; Conservatives, Moderates Tie

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Conservatives and moderates still tied as largest ideological groups
    Liberals remain the smallest group at 25%
    Republicans' and Democrats' ideological identification unchanged
    While a near-total grasp of media has slowly moved the needle, neither wishing nor shouting will make it so.

Half of Democrats Still Identify as Liberal

The increase in Americans' liberal identification since the early '90s has occurred mainly among Democrats, but that has leveled off in recent years. Last year marks the fifth straight year that the percentage of Democrats describing themselves as liberal (50%) was in the 49% to 51% range after reaching that point in 2017.
    While we don't have more recent figures, the trends suggest a possible move further back into moderation.

However the extremism of the contemporary left seems to be fueling a backlash of extremism on the right. It feels like a recapitulation of post-war Europeanism that led to the Berlin Wall. Come on, people. We can do better than this.

PowerPoster

I suppose that the good news is that insanity doesn't prevail. At least not yet, and the rush toward that abyss may be abating or even reversing at last.

PowerPoster

Additional confirmation:

Political ideology by state

Fox News is irrelevant here.
    Hardly...it is the most watched cable news in the US and they really attacked Budweiser. Now they are attacking Target stores. And I thought Twitter was going by the wayside with the younger folks? Your funny, you say I should get into social media, and you told me that on social media. I do get your point, the younger folks aren't watching TV like us older folks. But we have a lot of money to spend.

U.S. Political Ideology Steady; Conservatives, Moderates Tie

While a near-total grasp of media has slowly moved the needle, neither wishing nor shouting will make it so.

While we don't have more recent figures, the trends suggest a possible move further back into moderation.

However the extremism of the contemporary left seems to b e fueling a backlash of extremism on the right. It feels like a recapitulation of post-war Europeanism that led to the Berlin Wall. Come on, people. We can do better than this.
    You focused on politics...I'm speaking of society in general. One glaring example is TV. Look how much it has changed since the 50s, 60s, 70, until now. That reflects what is happening in society. It definitely isn't leaning to the right.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast