Thread: How to make Angular MVC Application in Single project of Visual Studio

Addicted Member

How to make Angular MVC Application in Single project of Visual Studio

Hi.
    I don't know how to write this long story (my problem) in shortest possible words.

We were told that the newly started project will be in C# and SQL Server or purely ASP.Net Project.
    At the 11th hour the team lead (who has 0 level of programming background) decided to go for Angular instead of C#. He hired a developer (who himself never ever worked in any Front-End Framework) and tasked him to develop the entire MIS.

The developer used VS 2022 in which he selected ASP.NET CORE WITH ANGULAR Project. He said that this project gives Angular and C# (API) in one place and started working upon the MIS.
    It came to our knowledge after 2 months that the entire theme of project has been changed and he has been working upon.

When we searched for some tutorial so we found that most of the tutorials are using Visual Code, instead of Visual Studio. Tutorials are using PostMan API not C# API. Tutorials using ASP.NET Core Web API as their core project. Tutorials using ASP.Net in Visual Studio and Angular in Visual Code.

What we need to learn that a single Visual Studio Project where Angular is using at Front-End (along with Angular Material), C# API is used as middleware and SQL Server at the back-end.

Now all the Trainees are sitting and looking for this uncertainty.

The Developer does not know what to do next, he either says we will split this project into 2 projects i.e. Angular Project and C# Project OR he says that We will do work only in this Single ASP.NET CORE WITH ANGULAR Project.

Question:
    Almost all the tutorials I've watched they are using different functions, different coding, different tools and different methodology. How it would be possible to find/ learn what our Developer is making?
    He says that copy and paste whatever I do and start working. And we get stuck somewhere neither he has solution nor us. Then he finds code snippets on internet and if anything relevant is found he just copy and paste it without considering the effects of that code on our Project.

I don't know how to handle this.

Many of us are considering to change the field of programming and switch to another domain.

Any sincere and caring guidance would be highly appreciated.

PowerPoster

Re: How to make Angular MVC Application in Single project of Visual Studio

Sounds like a pretty messed up situation from top to bottom. As long as you keep getting paid, I recommend sticking it out to see if things get more clarified soon. But have your resume up to date, since that situation sounds like layoffs could be likely if this project goes belly up, which it sounds like it almost already is.

Addicted Member

Re: How to make Angular MVC Application in Single project of Visual Studio

Thank you OptionBase1

I'm trying to get sticky with it. But its not helping much. For myself, I really want to learn it but learning is not giving me what I want to learn, because he said selected very strange selection.