Hi. Which is the best way to xor two strings
    which are in binary mode?
    For example
    Text1=011000100 01110001 ....
    Text2=001010111 00100010 ...

Re: Xoring String

convert your strings in binary numbers and xor the binary numbers
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)

The Convert class has methods that will convert between numbers and Strings using base 2.

Frenzied Member

By XORING I assume you mean flipping the bits. There are several ways to do that. What are you going to use that for?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Swinkels View Post
    By XORING I assume you mean flipping the bits. There are several ways to do that. What are you going to use that for?
    XORing two values would mean creating a result where each bit is set if and only if the corresponding bit is set in one and only one of the operands. XORing a single value is basically doing that with a second value where all bits are set.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Swinkels View Post
    I have two messages and I want to XOR them(kind of encryption) but the two messages each character is in binary mode.

Quote Originally Posted by requiem78 View Post
    I have two messages and I want to XOR them(kind of encryption) but the two messages each character is in binary mode.
    What do you mean by "binary mode"? Are you talking about actually binary data, as opposed to text containing "1" and "0" characters? Are you aware that XORing two arbitrary values is a one-way process, i.e. you cannot get the original values back again? If you have one arbitrary value and one known value then you can use the known value to get the arbitrary value again.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    What do you mean by "binary mode"? Are you talking about actually binary data, as opposed to text containing "1" and "0" characters? Are you aware that XORing two arbitrary values is a one-way process, i.e. you cannot get the original values back again? If you have one arbitrary value and one known value then you can use the known value to get the arbitrary value again.
    Assume that the one string is Hallo and its binary str1="01001000 01100001 01101100 01101100 01101111"
    the other is World and its binary str2="01010111 01101111 01110010 01101100 01100100"

and I want the str1 XOR str2