Thread: Selection of a value in a list (webview2)

Selection of a value in a list (webview2)

Hello,

I am trying to select a value from a drop down list. Previously it worked very well but since the update of my CMS it no longer works.

There is a difference between the source code of the page seen by the browser and the source code that I retrieve via webviewer.

browser (edge)
    HTML Code:
    <select id="jform_catid" name="jform[catid]" required class="required">
    	<option value="2">XXXXXXXXX</option>
    	<option value="3">XXXXXXXXX</option>
    	<option value="9">XXXXXXXXX</option>
    </select>
    My old code that worked is:
    Code:
    WebView21.ExecuteScriptAsync("document.getElementById('jform_catid').value = '8';")

webviewer2 see :
    HTML Code:
    <joomla-field-fancy-select placeholder="- Catégorie -"><div class="choices" data-type="select-multiple" role="combobox" aria-autocomplete="list" aria-haspopup="true" aria-expanded="false">
    <div class="choices__inner">
    <select id="filter_category_id" name="filter[category_id][]" multiple="" onchange="this.form.submit();" class="choices__input" hidden="" tabindex="-1" data-choice="active"></select>
    <div class="choices__list choices__list--multiple"></div>
    <input type="text" class="choices__input choices__input--cloned" autocomplete="off" autocapitalize="off" spellcheck="false" role="textbox" aria-autocomplete="list" aria-label="- Catégorie -" placeholder="- Catégorie -" style="min-width: 14ch; width: 1ch;">
    </div>
    <div class="choices__list choices__list--dropdown" aria-expanded="false">
    <div class="choices__list" aria-multiselectable="true" role="listbox"><div id="choices--filter_category_id-item-choice-1" class="choices__item choices__item--choice choices__item--selectable is-highlighted" role="option" data-choice="" data-id="1" data-value="2" data-select-text="Cliquer pour sélectionner" data-choice-selectable="" aria-selected="true">XXXXXXXXXXX</div>
    <div id="choices--filter_category_id-item-choice-2" class="choices__item choices__item--choice choices__item--selectable" role="option" data-choice="" data-id="2" data-value="3" data-select-text="Cliquer pour sélectionner" data-choice-selectable="">XXXXXXXXXXX</div>
    <div id="choices--filter_category_id-item-choice-3" class="choices__item choices__item--choice choices__item--selectable" role="option" data-choice="" data-id="3" data-value="9" data-select-text="Cliquer pour sélectionner" data-choice-selectable="">XXXXXXXXXXX</div></div></div></div>
    </joomla-field-fancy-select>
    I try this :
    Code:
    WebView21.ExecuteScriptAsync("document.getElementById('choices--filter_category_id-item-choice-3')[0].click();")

It does not work. I tried many solutions but nothing works

Thank you for your precious help

Re: Selection of a value in a list (webview2)

That is because technically speaking there aren't any options in the select.

Does the website you're automating provide an API? If not, could you provide us with the corresponding JavaScript source code for the page so that we could see what happens when one of the ".choices__item" elements are clicked?
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram