Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 129

Thread: Here we go again...

  1. #41
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,900

    Re: Here we go again...

    People don't despise Soros because he's Jewish. They despise his efforts to hijack a democracy into a global hegemony and shape it for his exploitation.

    You might think you are happy to let wealth and connections control everything because you believe things are going your way. Things can just as easily turn on you though and then you might wish there were others to stand with you against him in solidarity.

    The notion things are going your way is an illusion though. I just went to see a new cardiologist the other day, and everyone I met from the janitors on up was only going through the motions of wokeness. I'm starting to think a revolution might actually be bubbling just below the surface and I hope cool heads prevail.

  2. #42
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,900

    Re: Here we go again...

    It looks like at least some Australians have a sense of humor:



    That Trump, what a goon! LOL

  3. #43
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,326

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Whoah! OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that this was a language related hiccup but that came across as extremely antisemitic. Do not go down that that road.
    He was given up Jews to the Nazis during the war. He said so in a documentary it's on video. There was nothing anti antisemitic, if so it was more prosemitic but granted some people get the grips when we touch subjects like that I won't go down that road and sorry if anyone took it as a negative comment to Jews. Let's carry on
    Last edited by sapator; Nov 23rd, 2022 at 02:57 PM.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  4. #44
    Fanatic Member Peter Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    514

    Re: Here we go again...

    Deleted
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Nov 23rd, 2022 at 03:26 PM.

  5. #45
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,871

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    He was given up Jews to the Nazis during the war. He said so in a documentary it's on video. There was nothing anti antisemitic, if so it was more prosemitic but granted some people get the grips when we touch subjects like that I won't go down that road and sorry if anyone took it as a negative comment to Jews. Let's carry on
    He was 14 when the war ended. That documentary was already mentioned, and it doesn't say that he was doing much of anything, as you would expect of a 14 year old.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  6. #46
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,871

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    People don't despise Soros because he's Jewish. They despise his efforts to hijack a democracy into a global hegemony and shape it for his exploitation.
    Some might use him that way, though I haven't seen it used that way. The dog whistle thing is also true. I see it in the right wing propaganda pieces I get. He's a stand-in for 'the Jews are taking over the world' in anti-Semitic emails that I get. It's also a fairly well known trope, certainly far more widely used than the stranger use of "Canadian" in racist circles.
    You might think you are happy to let wealth and connections control everything because you believe things are going your way. Things can just as easily turn on you though and then you might wish there were others to stand with you against him in solidarity.
    Connections will ALWAYS control everything. The only people who live without connections are miserable people. Have you ever worked anywhere where connections aren't involved with getting things done, sometimes in benign fashion sometimes in seriously bad ways? Have you ever lived in any community where connections weren't involved in EVERYTHING that got done that couldn't be done on your own?

    Wealth is a different matter. Everything costs money, and probably always will. Wealth can protect, wealth can corrupt, wealth can shelter and wealth can destroy. It's a tool, and a mighty powerful one. How it is used determines whether it is benign or malignant.

    Add together wealth plus connections and you get the world as it always has been and likely always will be. Wealth without connections is your eccentric recluse. Connections without wealth...you can find that in any lower income community. Everybody in the community knows who those people are, and it is communicated readily to any new entry to the community. They can come in many forms, so there isn't a simple classification like "eccentric recluse". Wealth plus connections = leadership positions. Almost nobody gets there without having both. Lack of wealth and lack of connections generally means homeless, if the lack of wealth is sufficiently extreme.
    The notion things are going your way is an illusion though
    .
    Nope. Aside from the fact that the death rate is still one per person, I just don't have much to be unhappy about.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  7. #47
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    109,287

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    I just went to see a new cardiologist the other day, and everyone I met from the janitors on up was only going through the motions of wokeness.
    This sounds utterly bizarre to me. I believe the cardiologist part but the rest sounds completely made-up. I've never been to a cardiologist but I've been to doctors, physiotherapists, I had an MRI a couple of weeks ago, etc. Apart from the fact that I never met a janitor at any of those places, how woke or otherwise any person I met was is not something I noticed or even considered. Granted, I'm not in America but, according to someone who might be your next president, we here in Australia are about as free as communist China, so things must be at least as bad here as there. Can you please explain exactly what motions they were going through and exactly how you could tell how committed they were to wokeness? Anyone care to take bets on whether this one gets deflected or simply ignored?

  8. #48
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: Here we go again...

    jmc,

    Here you go,
    https://currently.att.yahoo.com/gma/...011446166.html

    We do have a state with ranked choice voting, it's Alaska and it's new.

  9. #49
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,900

    Re: Here we go again...

    Everything from masking policies to gender on forms.

    I went in and a guy with a mop and bucket near the elevator said "cloth masks don't cut it, better ask for a paper mask at the desk" as he rolled his eyes. Went to check in and asked about a paper mask. Another eyeroll and "yeah, some karen may be lurking to report you, so here." Got into an examining room. When the cardiologist came in he dropped his mask and said "please do the same, people need to communicate" as he reached out to shake my hand.

    At check-in the form had a preferred gender pronouns blank. I asked about that and the receptionist grabbed the form and scribbled it out, "we don't play that here, ignore it."

    People are pretty done with the BS.

  10. #50
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    109,287

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Everything from masking policies to gender on forms.

    I went in and a guy with a mop and bucket near the elevator said "cloth masks don't cut it, better ask for a paper mask at the desk" as he rolled his eyes. Went to check in and asked about a paper mask. Another eyeroll and "yeah, some karen may be lurking to report you, so here." Got into an examining room. When the cardiologist came in he dropped his mask and said "please do the same, people need to communicate" as he reached out to shake my hand.

    At check-in the form had a preferred gender pronouns blank. I asked about that and the receptionist grabbed the form and scribbled it out, "we don't play that here, ignore it."

    People are pretty done with the BS.
    I have numerous issues and potential issues with that story. First, I obviously don't know what happened and didn't happen but experience means that I would not be at all surprised to learn that you were exaggerating and/or misrepresenting actual events. Let's take it at face value though.

    You say:
    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Everything from masking policies to gender on forms.
    as though you're talking about a whole gamut of issues ranging from one to the other but, in the story, you actually only mention those two things. There's that exaggeration I was referring to.

    The fact that masking policies is considered "woke" is stupid and dishonest. The people who originally coined the term "woke" meant something specific but, despite the fact that you're the sort of person to complain about others redefining words, you're happy to repeat right-wing propaganda that uses "woke" as a catch-all for "stuff I don't like and consider left-wing". You could potentially criticise masking policies as authoritarian referring to them as woke is just dumb.

    Your cardiologist is obviously a moron or, more likely, an idealogue. I've recently been to see a doctor and was able to communicate with the receptionist, the nurse who took my blood pressure and the doctor herself, all while we were all wearing masks. I was also able to communicate with the receptionist and technicians when I went for an MRI that afternoon and also the nurse who took blood samples from me some days later, all while everyone was wearing masks. Your doctor would also be well aware that entire surgical teams all wear masks for potentially hours during surgery and have no trouble communicating. The line about communicating is obviously a smokescreen but one has to wonder why they feel the need to lie if they are in the right. It really comes down to "I don't want to wear a mask" and, more importantly, "I don't want anyone to tell me to wear a mask". They can't really say that though, because it demonstrates that they're just whiny children, so they make something up to pretend that these measures are adversely affecting people in ways they just aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    At check-in the form had a preferred gender pronouns blank. I asked about that...
    Why? You obviously know what your preferred pronouns ae. It takes you a couple of seconds to write them, they use them and that's that. It's something that doesn't impinge on your life at all but you're determine4d not to do something that could lead to people being treated the way they want rather than the way you want. In that way, it's analogous to the opposition to same-sex marriage.
    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    People are pretty done with the BS.
    Are they? Maybe these people are but you have no idea how long they have believed and behaved this way. You're trying to portray this as some sort of change but you have no idea whether that's the case at all. Given what you said about the doctor, I would certainly not be surprised to learn that those around him are of like mind. There's every chance that you could go and see a different cardiologist and have the complete opposite experience. What would that mean?

    This story is completely anecdotal. Without any sort of broader stats or even indication of the mood of people in general, it's of pretty much no value other than to feed your own confirmation bias. The idea that this is any indication of an impending revolution is rather insane.

  11. #51
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,871

    Re: Here we go again...

    You found a doctor that believes that spreading germs is a good idea?

    Some cultures have worn masks as a matter of course long before COVID. They still do. It was considered polite, I suppose, though it could also be considered germaphobic. Perhaps that's more likely in more densely populated countries? In the US, it's considered an affront to our freedom to be considerate. I regret that, though being overly conformist has equally bad problems.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  12. #52
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,900

    Re: Here we go again...

    This isn't some individual hick operating out of a rural storefront practice, but professionals working in a significant regional hospital and medical center.

    "Don't confuse me with the facts" has gone beyond absurd to laughable.

  13. #53
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    109,287

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    This isn't some individual hick operating out of a rural storefront practice, but professionals working in a significant regional hospital and medical center.

    "Don't confuse me with the facts" has gone beyond absurd to laughable.
    And we all know what the facts are as far as how masks can help reduce the spread of certain infections, including COVID, but your cardiologist is an idealogue who cares more about his freedom to not be told to wear a mask than the health and, in some cases, the lives of the people around him. The implication that we are somehow blind for not following this one doctor when he and you are not following the health advice provided by many more, including those who have specific expertise in infectious diseases, is laughable.

  14. #54
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: Here we go again...

    Dil has always been very pro mask. This is a strange turn.

    I met a Dr that didn't believe in masks, my daughter is an RN and she encountered a few nurses that didn't believe in masks. So Dil's encounter doesn't seem far fetched. But it doesn't demonstrate a major shift to the right or left. It's one visit to a medical facility.

  15. #55
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    109,287

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    I met a Dr that didn't believe in masks, my daughter is an RN and she encountered a few nurses that didn't believe in masks. So Dil's encounter doesn't seem far fetched. But it doesn't demonstrate a major shift to the right or left. It's one visit to a medical facility.
    That was one of my issues too. It's an anecdote being used as evidence of a trend. There are medical professionals who are anti-mask here in Australia too, but they are very much in the minority. I very much doubt that any of them would have an issue with wearing a mask in a surgical theatre, so they obviously understand the principles involved, including that masks are primarily about protecting others from you rather then protecting you from others. I'm obviously aware that a surgery is a different situation to general day to day activity, but I'm not sure how much of this position is based on these people just not believing that COVID was/is serious enough to warrant the extra precaution and how much is just them not wanting to be told what to do by government. I expect that different people fall in different places on that spectrum but there's little doubt that the latter is a significant factor for many, if not most.

  16. #56
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    109,287

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Dil has always been very pro mask. This is a strange turn.
    I don't specifically recall either way but, if that's true, I wonder what made him so woke.

  17. #57
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,900

    Re: Here we go again...

    It's not about me. As the truth gradually leaks (truth that was known from the beginning but hidden) a lot of the pandemic narrative is being revealed to be false and most likely was promoted for non-health reasons.

    Yet another example from a moderate voice who finds his patience wearing thin as uncovered facts keep smacking him in the face:


  18. #58
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    109,287

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    It's not about me.
    So you are still a pro-mask wokie then? I'm still not clear on the connection between masks and wokeness. It's almost like you're just trying to connect two things to make both seem worse, but it's hard to believe that you'd do such a thing.

  19. #59
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    109,287

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    jmc,

    Here you go,
    https://currently.att.yahoo.com/gma/...011446166.html

    We do have a state with ranked choice voting, it's Alaska and it's new.
    I was aware of that and, of course, when Sarah Palin lost in Alaska, she claimed that the election had been stolen by Democrats using ranked-choice voting, without providing a scintilla of evidence to back that up. I'm not sure whether she actually understands how ranked-choice voting works but, if she does, then she is obviously just outright lying. There are some "enlightened centrists" who think that we should take claims of election fraud seriously but how can we possibly do so when they originated Trump and have been repeated by people like Palin? If there was any actual evidence of there being any more fraud than usual in recent elections then I have no doubt that Trump would have presented it to an appropriate court. The fact that he and his supporters say "look how many people are at his rallies" as though that's evidence of election fraud and people like Palin use ranked-choice voting as "evidence" tells me that there is no actual evidence. As I've said before, if the truth is on your side then you don't have to lie. Doing so will even hurt your case. The fact that the keep repeating such obvious lies and never present what they claim is mountains of hard evidence is proof to me that the lies are all they have. Unfortunately, the lies are all that's needed to convince a big chunk of the population.

  20. #60
    Super Moderator FunkyDexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth
    Posts
    7,825

    Re: Here we go again...

    People don't despise Soros because he's Jewish
    And yet every time someone wants to criticize him they sure do go out of their way to mention that he's Jewish.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

    Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

  21. #61
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,326

    Re: Here we go again...

    It was not intended for me , I know that but what I was pointing out is that a Jew squeal his own kin that is double the squeal so I don't dislike Soros because he is Jew but , one of the things is his non profit organizations that is storming Greece with.
    So a squeal squeals a quack quacks a vaxb vaxbs and a NPO NPOs, I guess.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  22. #62
    Super Moderator FunkyDexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth
    Posts
    7,825

    Re: Here we go again...

    @Sap, see post 36. I've already acknowledged that you probably weren't being antisemitic.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

    Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

  23. #63
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,326

    Re: Here we go again...

    Yes Funky, all good here.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  24. #64
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,871

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    It's not about me. As the truth gradually leaks (truth that was known from the beginning but hidden) a lot of the pandemic narrative is being revealed to be false and most likely was promoted for non-health reasons.

    Yet another example from a moderate voice who finds his patience wearing thin as uncovered facts keep smacking him in the face:

    I watched the first few minutes. If it changes to a different line, then I would have missed that, but the first few minutes is about the mixed evidence that COVID was a lab leak. If there was some other topic in the video, then let me know. I didn't want to sit through half an hour about it.

    The point is: It makes only a political difference where it came from. Politics are...politics. Saying it came from one place or another has always struck me as being utterly irrelevant for the treatment. That's a matter for lawyers, not doctors, and you can't sue a virus.

    Here are the things we know, as far as health is concerned:
    1) Viruses exist.
    2) COVID is a virus.
    3) Viruses reproduce in a variety of ways depending on the type of the virus.
    4) Viruses transmit in a variety of ways depending on the type of virus.
    5) Viruses have hopped from animals to humans in the past, long before 'lab leak' was even technologically possible.
    6) Lots of viruses are passed by air to air transmission and fact to mouth transmission...to be polite.
    7) Masks reduce both of the mechanisms in #6.

    However, there's also pretty strong evidence that:
    1) It would be technologically possible to avoid ALL viruses, though it would be terribly onerous, in practice.
    2) Avoiding all viruses is probably quite bad for you if you ever run the risk of then becoming subsequently exposed to...well, to pretty much anything, I suppose.

    So, what's the point of the video? There is doubt as to the origin of COVID. He thinks it was probably a lab leak. I'm not at all sure, but I suspect that the Chinese know the answer, one way or another.

    But that changes nothing about medical care.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  25. #65
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,900

    Re: Here we go again...

    It's about the lie, the counter-narrative for which "violation" (stating or publishing otherwise) was met with violent censorship, cancellation, and other forms of persecution.

    But of of course you know this. The gaslighting has become purely reflexive now, hasn't it?

  26. #66
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    109,287

    Re: Here we go again...

    One thing that has bothered me is the certainty with which many push the lab leak theory. I've always thought that it was a definite possibility but by no means a certainty. There is evidence that points that way but there is also evidence that points another way. As Shaggy says, where it came form makes little difference to what we should do about it and pushing the lab leak theory always seemed to me to be a means to focus everyone's attention on blaming China in order to absolve other countries for their failures in addressing the problem.

  27. #67
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,871

    Re: Here we go again...

    What changed my view was when the US intelligence community came out with a definitive, "we're not sure." Up till then, I felt it likely was simply species hopping. There's nothing new about that, and close cousins of COVID are endemic in bats.

    As for the counter narrative, that never surprised me. Of COURSE they'd be emphatic. When the false narrative about every major event hits the ground within hours, the knee-jerk reaction is a reaction to the conspiracy theorists. How long does it take after a mass shooting before the 'crisis actor' stories to appear? Is it even 24 hours anymore? I'm pretty sure they're on social media within 48 hours, but I'm not sure about 24 hours.

    In the absence of evidence, if you hear hoofbeats, think horses. But these days, there are people out there screaming zebra right away. Yeah, there'll be people pushing back against that. There should be. Perhaps it really was zebras this time. We don't know, but it doesn't mean that we should think zebras next time, too, yet that's what people will make money off of.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  28. #68
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,900

    Re: Here we go again...

    The story here is that a manufactured and curated narrative was pushed while any evidence or expert opinion countering it was demonized and suppressed. What really happened is very important, but the larger story is one of collusion in advancing propaganda and the negative effects on lives and usurpation of wealth and political power that followed.

    The facts and the experts trying to present them were there from the start. "Follow the science" was doublespeak, meaning the opposite.

  29. #69
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,326

    Re: Here we go again...

    And that's what gave it away from nearly the beginning. Propaganda at unknown levels of the modern world. The mockery of the people here when we where on the known thread, jeez!
    What I want to add up to Shaggy's answer and in accordance to the Ukraine thread is that, they of course will cry zebra. Covid,Ukraine labs,Weapons of mass destruction,Biden's son sniffing and selling and the list goes one. What I mean is , even if something is not a conspiracy people will follow the previous example and state it as conspiracy from the beginning. If may turn out to be wrong but there is that, I don't know how you call it, scent? It's previous behaviors that will immediately trigger the zebra effect. At least from outside US that I can observe closely. I think the final draw was covid, they want so far off that no one will believe anyone no more.
    Last edited by sapator; Nov 29th, 2022 at 06:02 AM.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  30. #70

    Thread Starter
    Wall Poster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,714

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    It's about the lie, the counter-narrative for which "violation" (stating or publishing otherwise) was met with violent censorship, cancellation, and other forms of persecution.

    But of of course you know this. The gaslighting has become purely reflexive now, hasn't it?
    But you need to consider why...all the BS out there, you do that every other post. I t has come to the point, the Biden laptop for example, there is so much BS out there you have to nip it in the bud. Now the liars are upset because one of the few times they tell the truth, no one believes them.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  31. #71
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    And that's what gave it away from nearly the beginning. Propaganda at unknown levels of the modern world. The mockery of the people here when we where on the known thread, jeez!
    What I want to add up to Shaggy's answer and in accordance to the Ukraine thread is that, they of course will cry zebra. Covid,Ukraine labs,Weapons of mass destruction,Biden's son sniffing and selling and the list goes one. What I mean is , even if something is not a conspiracy people will follow the previous example and state it as conspiracy from the beginning. If may turn out to be wrong but there is that, I don't know how you call it, scent? It's previous behaviors that will immediately trigger the zebra effect. At least from outside US that I can observe closely. I think the final draw was covid, they want so far off that no one will believe anyone no more.
    Your right, there was incredibly high level of misinformation (or lies) that people were spreading about COVID and the vaccine. One of your favorites was that the VAERS database showed that thousands of people were dying from the vaccine. Now you keep bringing up the fact that the US and Ukraine are collaborating in a bio lab and that means something nefarious is going on. What evil thing did that document you posted say was happening? Really I'd like to know, I didn't read the doc. Those who have checked it out didn't find anything very interesting. What did you find so interesting in that doc?
    Last edited by wes4dbt; Nov 29th, 2022 at 02:00 PM.

  32. #72
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,326

    Re: Here we go again...

    Mac, you are waaay out of tune.
    Read the thread and get over the covid vaccine that made you do.
    It's so yesterday news I am doing you a favor just by replying.
    Anything new to discuss would be awesome.

    Friendly as always,
    Sap the unvaxbed.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  33. #73
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Mac, you are waaay out of tune.
    Read the thread and get over the covid vaccine that made you do.
    It's so yesterday news I am doing you a favor just by replying.
    Anything new to discuss would be awesome.

    Friendly as always,
    Sap the unvaxbed.
    I'm over it, but as long as you keep bring up COVID and vaxbies then you get what you get. It's cute how you tried to act like I brought it up.

    Also, no explanation on what evil things are going on in the Ukraine bio lab.

    Live long and prosper,
    Wes the vaccinated. lol

  34. #74
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,326

    Re: Here we go again...

    So you grabed from this:
    "And that's what gave it away from nearly the beginning. Propaganda at unknown levels of the modern world. The mockery of the people here when we where on the known thread, jeez!"

    That was a mild reply to A covid "fight" that started by dil with a long post and a longer post by Shaggy, you did not mention anything about them, instead you where praying to read just a glimpse of me saying the magic word and you wrote a post to call me of, or something. And you expect me to do what? Please get over it, I prefer your other posts, especially the war history was very entertaining and informative.

    P.S. You are lucky to get a reply from me as there is a UK vs Wales football match on the telly and it's extremely boring but eventually not so boring as this, so I'll go watch it...
    And that was, again, my last post ever and I'm off...
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  35. #75
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,871

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    the negative effects on lives and usurpation of wealth and political power that followed.
    How? How does it affect anybody's life positively or negatively if a virus was created or naturally occurring once it exists? How does it usurp any wealth or power. "Usurp" suggests that somebody gained power that they didn't already have. It isn't clear that the balance of power or wealth changed in any way. Wealth was certainly created, as opportunities always exist when new industry is created, but how the origin of a virus impacted that isn't clear, at least to me.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  36. #76
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: Here we go again...

    So you grabed from this:
    "And that's what gave it away from nearly the beginning. Propaganda at unknown levels of the modern world. The mockery of the people here when we where on the known thread, jeez!"
    Partly, but there was also these,
    Covid,Ukraine labs,Weapons of mass destruction,Biden's son sniffing and selling and the list goes one.
    I think the final draw was covid, they want so far off that no one will believe anyone no more.
    Did you not remember these?

    You don't have to reply, I'm already starting to feel guilty that I'm so lucky. lol

  37. #77
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    How? How does it affect anybody's life positively or negatively if a virus was created or naturally occurring once it exists? How does it usurp any wealth or power. "Usurp" suggests that somebody gained power that they didn't already have. It isn't clear that the balance of power or wealth changed in any way. Wealth was certainly created, as opportunities always exist when new industry is created, but how the origin of a virus impacted that isn't clear, at least to me.
    Maybe they think the virus was released on purpose. Then the negative effect was forced upon us. I don't think that happened but I know people were pushing that theory.

  38. #78
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,871

    Re: Here we go again...

    Yeah, that would be the paranoia that lurks just below the surface
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  39. #79
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,326

    Re: Here we go again...

    No I will reply, I can't help this one and apologies before hand.
    I'm imagining wes on the couch craving on a chowder looking at the screen going...Write ittt,wrriiitteee it!.........
    YES! Here we go here we go here we goooo! Here we go here we go here we go-ooo! Here we go here we go here we go, here we go..Heere we goo!!
    De-fence (taptaptap) De-fence (tap tap tap)!
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  40. #80
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: Here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    No I will reply, I can't help this one and apologies before hand.
    I'm imagining wes on the couch craving on a chowder looking at the screen going...Write ittt,wrriiitteee it!.........
    YES! Here we go here we go here we goooo! Here we go here we go here we go-ooo! Here we go here we go here we go, here we go..Heere we goo!!
    De-fence (taptaptap) De-fence (tap tap tap)!
    I never sit on my couch, when I'm on the forum I'm sitting in a chair in front of my computer. But a bowl of clam chowder does sound good.

    As for the rest of this nonsense, meh.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width