Thread: Dental or Teeth Chart

Dental or Teeth Chart

Hi every one
    I want to program software for dental clinic so need some to help me regarding Dental chart like this picture or similar
    Name:  teeth.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  41.0 KB

Re: Dental or Teeth Chart

It would help if you actually described the specific issue you want help with. What have you done and where are you stuck?

King of sapila

Like, this is the issue or that someone might have 85 teeth?!!!!
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

I'm curious as to if this is a course work assignment. I see that they resurrected a thread from '18 about this very same thing... there's intermittent replies from others wanting the same thing over the 4 years since as well...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Like, this is the issue or that someone might have 85 teeth?!!!!
    Technically, they didn't say that it was for a human.

Though you might also note that there aren't 85 showing. I realize that dentistry has their own nomenclature when it comes to teeth. That might differ in different countries, so those numbers might be meaningful for the country in question.

What would be better would be to find somebody with some graphic skills (that certainly isn't me, so if I was given that task, I'd be looking for somebody else for the graphics) and make a more realistic representation of the teeth. The dental software I have seen shows teeth arranged in such a fashion that they can be colored to indicate cavities, fillings, and so forth. The controls showed look like they could do something like that, without making them look anything like actual teeth.
    Last edited by Shaggy Hiker; Oct 14th, 2022 at 08:03 AM.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Frenzied Member

What catches my interest is this part: "I want to program software for dental clinic". So he wants to? That implies it's not an assignment. Also, note the complete lack of any other real info such as whether any work has been done already or not. If this program is for real, I'd better hope it ends up working properly, because it's for a CLINIC!

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    I'm curious as to if this is a course work assignment. I see that they resurrected a thread from '18 about this very same thing... there's intermittent replies from others wanting the same thing over the 4 years since as well...

-tg
    Even if it is I'd take a bite at it. A project like that would have a lot to chew on. Molar over it could be profitable.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

That last one's a stretch.

We could ask some incisive questions, but it might be like pulling teeth, so perhaps, rather than just jawing about it, it would be best to just nibble away at the problem.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Actually this project include teeth chart to select filling, extraction, implant, bridge and orthodontics then the dentist can save the all information in database (access database) .
    There is good example but via VB6

https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....or-tooth-chart
    I just want similar code but in VB.Net

That's all.

PowerPoster

You still haven't said what your problem is. Or are you asking us to convert the VB6 project to .Net for you. That probably wont happen. But happy to help with individual problems you have.

I want some one write down the code from the biganing that related to teeth chart because I haven't any background.
    Or make small project which include just teeth chart with access database

Quote Originally Posted by alhootti View Post
    I want some one write down the code from the biganing...
    From the beginning? Here you go!
    Code:
    Option Strict On
    If you want the rest, it will cost ya.
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Oct 14th, 2022 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    That last one's a stretch.

We could ask some incisive questions, but it might be like pulling teeth, so perhaps, rather than just jawing about it, it would be best to just nibble away at the problem.
    Well...that was a mouth full. It is a lot to swallow and may take a bit to digest.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Hi every one
    I want to program software for dental clinic so need some to help me regarding Dental chart like this picture or similar
    Name:  teeth.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  41.0 KB
    Is the dental clinic for giant armadillos? That's the only animal that has around that many teeth.

Tooths 1 thru 10 were probably extracted.
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Oct 14th, 2022 at 06:11 PM.

PowerPoster

I want some one write down the code from the biganing that related to teeth chart because I haven't any background.
    Or make small project which include just teeth chart with access database
    As I said, your probably wont find anyone willing to write the program for you. That's asking to much, we're here to help if you get stuck, not do your job.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Swinkels View Post
    What catches my interest is this part: "I want to program software for dental clinic".
    They always say that. The homework assignment makes the pretence of some real situation and they pretend that that's what they're actually doing because they know that it's not acceptable to just ask other people to do their homework for them. They know it's cheating so they don't admit to it.