Thread: PDF Preview on VB.NET Form

Fanatic Member

PDF Preview on VB.NET Form

Hello:

When I add the Adobe PDF Reader to my form, I get the following error on the automated developme nt portion of the code on the run:

Name:  Error.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  18.4 KB

The error reads:
    System.InvalidOperationException: 'An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.AcroPDFLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.'

Another pic below with details.

Name:  Error2.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  53.6 KB

Many web searches indicate that the dll file needs to be registered, which produces this error:
    Code:
    The module "C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\68AB67CA330133017706CB5110E47A00\21.1.20135\ArcoPDF.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.

Has anyone had experience with registering the AcroPDF.dll and using it to view the file prior to opening the file?

Thanks!
    - A 'Hyperactive Member' trying to make a difference in a hyperactive world! And recently, I've been promoted to a 'Finatic Member,' whatever that means!

Re: PDF Preview on VB.NET Form

Do you have Adobe Reader installed on your machine?

Fanatic Member

Yes, Adobe Reader is installed...
    - A 'Hyperactive Member' trying to make a difference in a hyperactive world! And recently, I've been promoted to a 'Finatic Member,' whatever that means!

Fanatic Member

Note:

These files in fact do exist in the bin\debug folder. I am just running this in debug more and getting the original posted error.

I also got these errors when trying to renasm32 the files, both from system32 and syswow64. I am running the 64-bit version of Adobe Reader DC.
    Attachment 185963
    Attachment 185964

Thanks again.