Thread: Form controls not scaling properly

Hyperactive Member

Form controls not scaling properly

I have a desktop with a 27" monitor and laptop computer with a 13" monitor. I develop my applications on the desktop computer (fullsize keyboard, large monitor, etc.). The desktop computer's display resolution is 3840 x 2160 and its scaling factor is 150%. The laptop computer's display resolution is 3840 x 2160 and its scaling factor is 250%.

When I copy applications from the desktop computer to the laptop computer oftentimes some of the controls don't render properly. An example is shown below.

Desktop form:

Name:  Desktop form.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  20.8 KB

Laptop form:

Name:  Laptop form.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  18.4 KB

In the above example, the "* = Required information" label is inside a Panel and that Panel is inside a Table Layout Panel container.

What can I do to make the controls render properly (without editing/recompiling the application on the laptop computer)?
    Last edited by Mark@SF; Oct 5th, 2022 at 01:34 PM.

Re: Form controls not scaling properly

To get controls to automatically position/size themselves, set the Anchor and/or Dock properties for those controls.

For this issue you probably just need to set Anchor to Bottom (or Bottom and Right) for the "* = Required information" label, but it is worth checking that the Anchor is set appropriately for each control.