Thread: Clear Immediate Window (Add-In)

Clear Immediate Window (Add-In)

EDIT1: I added the option to "Clear" to the Immediate Window's context menu. It's probably more useful there than as a separate button anyway.

This has probably been posted before, but I thought I'd do "my version" of this.

Compile the Add-In and save the DLL to wherever your Add-Ins are, and then load it (via your Add-Ins Manager) and you'll get a small button in the top-left of your desktop. If you move that form, it'll return to where you positioned it the next time.

If you close that form, the whole Add-In is unloaded. Just re-load it to get the form/button back. It's your choice as to whether you keep it loaded.

Also, I specifically look for the window titled "Immediate". Basically, this makes it work only when the IDE is set for English. You'll have to patch this if you want it for another language.

I've tried hard to make sure it ONLY deletes the Immediate window.
    Two points, one I knew and one I discovered:

• You can't clear the Immediate window while running in the IDE. You must either be in design-mode or break-mode.
    • You can't unload an Add-In unless you're in design-mode.

Enjoy

ALSO: Before someone requests it, I thought about a toolbar button, but I don't like the fact that the clipboard gets deleted/corrupted when you do that. I sometimes have stuff in my clipboard before I fire up the IDE. So, if you want this, you're on your own.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Elroy; Sep 21st, 2022 at 10:05 AM.
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

Re: Clear Immediate Window (Add-In)

Here it is without the Form-and-Button if you'd just like it in the Immediate window's context menu.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.