Thread: [RESOLVED] open all root folders in office365 outlook

King of sapila

Resolved [RESOLVED] open all root folders in office365 outlook

This seems like a bug, but (or but bug)...
    On the old outlook 2010 my main folder expanded fine and I have some other mailboxes attached (accounting,marketing etc) that if I expanded the folders, closed and opened outlook, they maintained the previous status. In office 365 outlook this is not happening. The only folder that is open is my mail account folder. All the other folders stay closed even if I open them before closing the application.
    Is there something to be done here?
    I have created a macros to check and open folders but it's VBA thus extremely slow as it has to loop the folders (and we are talking about A LOT of folders) before getting to the desired one so it can open and break. Other than that, I can't find anything that works.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

King of sapila

Re: open all root folders in office365 outlook

OK.
    This is the BSest BS in BS history.
    Nothing works on outlook itself. What I found as a solution in progress is the below:
    You need to open you mail account from control panel, in there you need to uncheck the cached mode. You then open the outlook app , expand the folder you need to expand and close it.
    You the again go to the mail account on control panel and you re-check the cached mode.When you open outlook the folders are as left before, aka expanded!
    2 issues.
    I'm not sure that syncing with cache again will not re-close your folders, so the cache may of may not be checked
    You will wait to get the mails from the exchange again but you do it once.
    Other than that, I believe there is not other solution.

I'm waiting for the re-sync to see it if will stay open...
    Last edited by sapator; Aug 23rd, 2022 at 02:24 PM.

King of sapila

Re: open all root folders in office365 outlook

OK the folders must be in sync by now. Let's remote to the office and......
    YES! Hahaha megabyte my bullet microsoft! Nia nia niania niaaa.
    Btw non of the above solutions works. I have tried them all before. The closest would be the enable disable shared folders that will not work because the cached mode is still active and not sure if this will work as this is inside the outlook program and not the external mail client.
    So since this is the ONLY feasible solution that I have found (of course now that I know how, maybe a google search with the exact solution bring something up, maybe) and I can't rep me, I should just give ONE friendly tap in my back (tap,tap,tap)

P.S. This was a problem of a lot of people in the company when we used 365 and the admins thought it was a bug so I will put my armor tomorrow and face them in the fields of retribution.