Thread: Save in the RTF Format. Amongst Others (Optional)

Save in the RTF Format. Amongst Others (Optional)

wasn't here for a Small amount of time

Hello,

I am making a Thing which has Multiple Formats. I cannot save the Formats with TXT.
    Is there any other Format and how do i Export as "Said" Format?
    The Code i made already to Export is going to be here:
    Code:
    Private Sub SpeichernToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles SpeichernToolStripMenuItem.Click
            SaveFileDialog1.Filter = "Textdatei(*.txt) | *.txt | Alle Endungen | *.*| RichTextDatei | *.rtf"
            SaveFileDialog1.ShowDialog()

Dim Location As String

Location = SaveFileDialog1.FileName

My.Computer.FileSystem.WriteAllText(Location & ".txt", "" & ".rtf" & RichTextBox1.Text, True)
        End Sub
    Thanks for Answers (They are Welcome),

wowinyou

Re: Save in the RTF Format. Amongst Others (Optional)

Don't use the .Text property. That only returns the plain text. Use the .RichText property instead. That contains all the Right Text Formatting codes in it.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Re: Save in the RTF Format. Amongst Others (Optional)

It would be the Rtf property but you don't have to worry about that. The RichTextBox has its own Save File method or the like, so just call that.