Thread: Reading text size scaling value

Fanatic Member

Reading text size scaling value

Hi all,

I seacrhed the interwebs for this information, but couldn't find anything, so I thought I'd ask here.

With monitors allowing for crazy resulutions nowadays, Windows allows to scale text sizes. (Typically 125%, 150%, etc.) This unfortunately has the consequence of screwing-up many of my forms display, eding up with an unreadible/unusable forms.

Is there a way to read that text increase value so that my application can take it into consideration when calculating label sizes, positions, and stuff?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: Alternatively, is there a way to disable text increase for a given form? Or force it to a specific value?
    Don't ask why, just reboot!

Re: Reading text size scaling value

Fanatic Member

Thanks Paul,

I did stumble upon this documentation before posting here but if I understand correctly, this is all about setting up how Visual Studio's form designer behaves in DPI-Aware mode on. what I need is to change how my application (which is made using Visual Studio) behaves...

Now if I misunderstood something about it, please let me know.

There’s an app manifest setting you can use to set dpiaware = false for your app, which will avoid scaling issues….

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...tion-dpi-aware

Fanatic Member

Yeah, I know and I'm using it, but rather to define my app as dpi-aware. I'm not looking to disable entirely the DPI-aware thing, but rather be able to disable it for a particular form, or at least get to know the Windows scaling factor set so I can use that information to automatically position/scale/set font size my controls inside my form.