Thread: OpenSource Image Librarian Just released

OpenSource Image Librarian Just released

For last one month I have been working on a Image Librarian. I released it as open source. (I had created another userID called Truth, as I didnt have access to my this old ID for years) Now suddenly got access to my email and could reset it. So if you see similar post from Truth, it is me. )

Name:  iml.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  52.0 KB
    If you want to try the code do visit https://github.com/VijaySridhara/ImageLibrarian
    If you want only the binary (Signed) https://vijaysridhara.github.io/ImageLibrarian/

Last edited by sridharavijay; Oct 1st, 2022 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Added tutorial

Re: OpenSource Image Librarian Just released

None of my opensource applications received a single comment. Sorry that the applications didn't find much use to any of you. But I hope some you can make use of some piece of code here and there.

This looks interesting. I'll have a look at it at home.
    (TRying to get my head around VB.Net/ASP.Net in VS2019 at work)

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

OP. If it had been written in VB6 I would have dived in and explored your application.

In general this forum is for assistance, constructive criticism and code review. If you had posted some of your code and asked for advice I am sure you would have received a comment or two. If you are looking for publicity for your application then this forum may be the incorrect location.

Note that you are just as likely to receive criticism as you are approval. Be prepared!
    https://github.com/yereverluvinunclebert

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

Quote Originally Posted by yereverluvinuncleber View Post
    OP. If it had been written in VB6 I would have dived in and explored your application.

In general this forum is for assistance, constructive criticism and code review. If you had posted some of your code and asked for advice I am sure you would have received a comment or two. If you are looking for publicity for your application then this forum may be the incorrect location.

Note that you are just as likely to receive criticism as you are approval. Be prepared!
    Man, thanks for the comment, appreciate it. "Publicity" is a wrong word. A little feedback, and perhaps a little constructive comments..... Its my giveback time to community so giving. Been on this forums reading interesting posts for over two decades, if you see.

Addicted Member

Forces you to make a donation before you can download the binary w/installer. Not good. And be careful if you donate a bit to download the binary with installer for this. If you donate via PayPal it will set up a recurring payment and you will be charged that amount every month unless you deactivate it from within your PayPal account.....
    Last edited by SomeYguy; Feb 2nd, 2023 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sridharavijay View Post
    None of my opensource applications received a single comment. Sorry that the applications didn't find much use to any of you. But I hope some you can make use of some piece of code here and there.
    Don't be discouraged by that. The general culture of this site is that people don't say anything unless there is something to say. I'm sure there are people that silently appreciate your contributions.

In any case, posting something for the purpose are garnering recognition or praise is not really a good mindset. For me personally, I'm just glad to know something of my time on this Earth will remain long after I'm dead. If it helps even one person now or 30 years from now, my time was well spent. I don't need praise or accolades and you shouldn't either. Just keep doing good works!
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber