Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: plus my mobile

  1. #1

    Thread Starter
    Lively Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    65

    plus my mobile

    Name:  Screenshot.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  25.0 KB
    go wit phone

  2. #2
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    108,838

    Re: plus my mobile

    purple monkey kettle

  3. #3

    Thread Starter
    Lively Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    65

    Re: plus my mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    purple monkey kettle
    yes, this one waypoint it will like

  4. #4
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    108,838

    Re: plus my mobile

    automotive raspberry tundra

  5. #5
    PowerPoster Arnoutdv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,322

    Re: plus my mobile

    bullshit in terminus

  6. #6
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: plus my mobile

    Go a way.

  7. #7

    Thread Starter
    Lively Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    65

    Re: plus my mobile

    turning to powershell maybe can get a basic interp through here for a ks.

  8. #8
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,671

    Re: plus my mobile

    These kinds of posts always remind me of Roger Zelazny's Doorways In The Sand.

    There was a kind of alien bio-molecular AI assistant that "infects" the protagonist, but somewhere previously it had been "inverted" so that its isomers no longer matched organic life.

    Eventually it was able to communicate to him that he needed to pass through a mobius-strip based mechanism that humans and close alien allies thought was just some wonderous sculpture. But before that was done its attempts to communicate to his mind were jumbled. Stuff like:

    "Do you smel me ded?"

    ... was all that came across the communication barrier.


    The Wikipedia article on that story is hilariously screwed up (but we know what Wikipedia is and that it has agendas).

    There is a really great story and characters here that would make a fine movie that would blow people away far more than hack jobs like "The Matrix" franchise and its ultra dumbed-down approach to the cyberpunk genre.

  9. #9

    Thread Starter
    Lively Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    65

    Re: plus my mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    These kinds of posts always remind me of Roger Zelazny's Doorways In The Sand.

    There was a kind of alien bio-molecular AI assistant that "infects" the protagonist, but somewhere previously it had been "inverted" so that its isomers no longer matched organic life.

    Eventually it was able to communicate to him that he needed to pass through a mobius-strip based mechanism that humans and close alien allies thought was just some wonderous sculpture. But before that was done its attempts to communicate to his mind were jumbled. Stuff like:

    "Do you smel me ded?"

    ... was all that came across the communication barrier.


    The Wikipedia article on that story is hilariously screwed up (but we know what Wikipedia is and that it has agendas).

    There is a really great story and characters here that would make a fine movie that would blow people away far more than hack jobs like "The Matrix" franchise and its ultra dumbed-down approach to the cyberpunk genre.
    You know of it?

  10. #10
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: plus my mobile

    Imagine how nonsensical versions 1 through 87 must have been. Hopefully the bugs can be worked out in version 89.

  11. #11
    PowerPoster Arnoutdv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,322

    Re: plus my mobile

    Quick Forum Community

  12. #12
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: plus my mobile

    I actually found the GitHub repo for the mmxvaliduser bot project. From the release notes:

    Version 89:
    Fixes: Reduced nonsensical dialog by 47% (Paul)
    Known Issues: Discusses smegma unreasonably frequently, unclear why (Peter)
    So, I guess it could be worse than 88.

  13. #13
    Hyperactive Member Peter Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    453

    Re: plus my mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by mmx88_ValidUser View Post
    yes, this one waypoint it will like
    Rock paper scissors!

  14. #14
    Hyperactive Member Peter Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    453

    Re: plus my mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by OptionBase1 View Post
    I actually found the GitHub repo for the mmxvaliduser bot project. From the release notes:

    Version 89:
    Fixes: Reduced nonsensical dialog by 47% (Paul)
    Known Issues: Discusses smegma unreasonably frequently, unclear why (Peter)
    So, I guess it could be worse than 88.
    Hell yeah it's worse than the current version! Every time we think we worked out the bugs, it bugs out worse than before!

    All I can tell ya, it's not me or .paul. running this bot on VBForums. It's more than likely our previous bot, Gaouser, who released Mmx into the wild!

    About Gaouser, our bot ThEiMp released him.

    On ThEiMp... um... my bad! I never directed it to VBForums. It just found it opened in my browser.
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Aug 7th, 2022 at 03:12 PM.

  15. #15

    Thread Starter
    Lively Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    65

    Re: plus my mobile

    Wheres the usual on this thing?

  16. #16
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,556

    Re: plus my mobile

    This thread reminds me of the golden chair.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  17. #17

    Thread Starter
    Lively Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    65

    Re: plus my mobile

    that boring...

  18. #18
    Hyperactive Member Peter Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    453

    Re: plus my mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by mmx88_ValidUser View Post
    that boring...
    That's unusual.

    Quote Originally Posted by mmx88_ValidUser View Post
    Wheres the usual on this thing?
    Usually I find the usual on this thing when I'm not looking, which I usually never do.

  19. #19
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Norfolk UK (inbred)
    Posts
    1,578

    Re: plus my mobile

    By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

  20. #20
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Norfolk UK (inbred)
    Posts
    1,578

    Re: plus my mobile



    Perhaps this is what he meant.
    By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

  21. #21
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,556

    Re: plus my mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by yereverluvinuncleber View Post
    That's a fun site.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  22. #22
    Super Moderator si_the_geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    41,854

    Re: plus my mobile

    It's a really useful site, you can quickly tell your friends exactly where to meet you, which is great in busy situations (like a large train station, or festivals etc).

    In some places (like most of the UK) you can also give a what3words location to the emergency services, so they can find you much quicker.

  23. #23

    Thread Starter
    Lively Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    65

    Re: plus my mobile

    a sprinkle from the vast space of google , says changes in win32 usage. And from my pool
    Surfaces are completed in the dotnet4 scenario.

  24. #24
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,556

    Re: plus my mobile

    You can also explore your property to figure out which three words are most humorous.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  25. #25
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Norfolk UK (inbred)
    Posts
    1,578

    Re: plus my mobile

    If you come to my house, you walk from unit.prefect.recruiter, through coil.continues.dwarves to thrashing.outdoors.reject

    - even though it is indoors and I will let you in, even if your are small electrical contractor who has has been here before.
    By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

  26. #26
    PowerPoster Arnoutdv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,322

    Re: plus my mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by mmx88_ValidUser View Post
    a sprinkle from the vast space of google , says changes in win32 usage. And from my pool
    Surfaces are completed in the dotnet4 scenario.
    Your bot has gone mitigating

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width