Thread: Best place to purchase MS SQL Standard

Best place to purchase MS SQL Standard

I've unfortunately come across the need to use TDE encryption on three databases, and that requires me to purchase MS SQL Standard edition.

Anyone with experience on a good place to make a purchase such as this?

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Re: Best place to purchase MS SQL Standard

I assume that you aren't part of an organization that has a contractual relationship with Microsoft, right? I seem to remember that you work for yourself, but with some larger scholastic institutions. Microsoft has some interesting licensing variations, though I'm not sure what they're at right now. They seem to change them around periodically. You might get some deal via one of those institutions that is also legal. If not, I'd be inclined to go directly to Microsoft for that.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Re: Best place to purchase MS SQL Standard

@Shaggy - thanks for this info - I'll see if I can make some kind of connection to a license program like that. I am doing this for a project I'm working on myself.

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008