Thread: TSHIFT function?

TSHIFT function?

Hello

I am very much new to Visual Basic so apologies if this doesn't make sense...

I am going through the code within an existing Access database and there is a command called TSHIFT, which apparently is the shifted Studentís t density function but I can't find anything about this and whether it is possible to recreate what this function does using an equivalent DAX function in Excel.

Would anyone be able to help?

Many thanks
    Tim

Re: TSHIFT function?

It's just math, so it IS possible, but unless you find a built in function that does the same thing, you'd have to do the math yourself. I haven't done a Student's t test since....well, since I was a student, which was a very long time ago. Still, the math behind it is probably available on the internet.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Banned

I haven't been able to find a TSHIFT function in Google. Where did you get that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    I haven't been able to find a TSHIFT function in Google. Where did you get that from?
    I thought that it might be VBA but I couldn't find evidence of that. It's probably a custom function in that specific Access application, although I guess we'll see.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    I thought that it might be VBA but I couldn't find evidence of that. It's probably a custom function in that specific Access application, although I guess we'll see.
    Yea I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    You are quite right, it is a custom function, I have found the code so will try to recreate in Excel.

Thanks to everyone for responding.