Thread: Reasons why hospital needs a mobile app?

Reasons why hospital needs a mobile app?

Why would the healthcare industry stay aloof from this fast-emerging and growing field?

Re: Reasons why hospital needs a mobile app?

What steps have you taken to come to this conclusion?

BUT, HIPPA Laws come to mind... I don't want a nurse or receptionist showing her bar buddies pictures of my junk.
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by MarkOrion View Post
    Why would the healthcare industry stay aloof from this fast-emerging and growing field?
    Probably because you're a bot.

There's mobile apps (apps that can be accessed anywhere) and there are (phone) mobile apps ...
    With minor exceptions, there aren't many phone mobile apps ... I won't say there aren't any, because there are. I have several of them. One for hte pharmacy, one for the insurance company, and one that communicates with my doctors - all of them. With the pharmacy one it allows me to see what scripts I have, and to order refills when I need to. With the insurance one I can see my benefits, get a copy of my card, and see what they paid and what I need to pay following adjustments.
    With the healthcare one, I can see upcoming appiontments, make an appointment, see test results, remarks from recent visits.
    The reason there isn't a lot if players in the field is beause it relies on access to a lot, I mean A LOT, of PII (personal identification information) and PHI (personal health information) that's subject to a number of laws and regulations. It also means the health care partner needs to have their stuff digital and in a format that's compatible with the data exchange. That's not something easily achievable, it takes time, effort, and of course money.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

now the health industry is developing very much. special applications are created for recording certain procedures and even operations. maybe you just haven't come across