Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VBForums most active sections stats.

Re: VBForums most active sections stats.

Quote Originally Posted by peterst View Post

C# Code:
    1. public int Add(int a, int b) => a + b;
    3. public int Subtract(int a, int b) => a - b;
    5. public int Mul(int a, int b) => a * b;
    7. public int Div(int a, int b) => a / b;
    Look at that. What's not to love about C#
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    Any language that depends on indented whitespace is a hard no for me.
    I actually hated this so passionately when I first heard about it. But after writing some Python code myself(mostly very simple newbie stuff), I have to say I never thought I'd reach a point where it didn't bother me anymore but I did. It really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Of course this is entirely predicated on having an IDE that helps you with indenting. I wouldn't want to write Python in Notepad
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    I can't agree to that.
    I really don't like C# and I'm forced to used it on and off for the last 15 years.
    Of course one can say that I don't know how to use the features properly and I can agree to that, maybe some features have been added lately but when the tide was 50-50 it was utter rubbish to even think of using C# . For example GetType() . I was trying to convert from VB to C# but whatever I tried did not work.
    I admit I thought to post on the C# section but then I used the .name so that sorted things out with a rather harsh way. A couple of words that cannot be spoken and I moved on on a upper case issue, some more words and some brackets later, it's weekend and I'm going for swimming an my first beers since October (although the price has gone 15% up on beverages)!
    The good news is that we are possibly merging with an even bigger company that has dedicated programmers so I will be programming C# less and do SQL more.
    I have to say, I completely understand where you're coming from. I have known in my bones for years that I should be using C# yet here I am today still using VB.Net. When I do some introspection I find it's because I haven't quite worked myself up to the task of taking on the massive discomfort I'd have to endure before writing C# code becomes as second nature to me as writing VB.Net code. Thing is though, I will have to do it someday. I have accepted that, the only thing I haven't resolved is when I would do it. It's very hard to let go of VB.Net, a lot harder than I want to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    I actually hated this so passionately when I first heard about it. But after writing some Python code myself(mostly very simple newbie stuff), I have to say I never thought I'd reach a point where it didn't bother me anymore but I did. It really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Of course this is entirely predicated on having an IDE that helps you with indenting. I wouldn't want to write Python in Notepad
    That’s called Stockholm syndrome. Run before you start developing full web APIs in it. Run!!!
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    That’s called Stockholm syndrome. Run before you start developing full web APIs in it. Run!!!
    Hahaha....comment of the year!

I'd say to me Python was like that ugly girl next door you spent years avoiding. Then one day you couldn't avoid her and you found out she has a great sense or humor, her skin is perfect and her bum looks nice in a pair of jeans. You then think to yourself, "She ain't my first choice but she ain't so bad either. It could work".

That good sir, is the comment of the year.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

hehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12