Thread: how to put icon to a file format

Post how to put icon to a file format

how to put an icon to a custom document type (.and) like in the vc++ 10 MFCs
    Basic page
    Text

Re: how to put icon to a file format

I found the code via Googling!
    Last edited by Peter Porter; May 21st, 2022 at 07:57 PM.

Seriously, Gaouser, you have to start Googling. Find what you need, and if you have any problems with it, we'll give you a hand.

Giving your custom file extension an icon is easy, but seeing how you do things, I'm afraid you might brick your old laptop trying.

Have you made any progress with the other stuff you needed help with in your other threads?
    Last edited by Peter Porter; May 21st, 2022 at 09:41 PM.

i asked because i cant find it everyones talking about extracting icon from file not giving im googling on all threats (but only google)
    Basic page
    Text

Quote Originally Posted by gaouser View Post
    i asked because i cant find it everyones talking about extracting icon from file not giving im googling on all threats (but only google)
    Google can't find exactly what you need if you don't give it enough details that are correct, like the problem you always have on VBForums.

Think about what you want to accomplish, and carefully translate it to English into the Google search bar. Your search term also needs the programming language, for example (using your threads simple title) "How to put icon to a file format VB.NET." Format should've been extension, but I still was able to get search results that link to the code you need.

In the Google search bar, enter what I quoted above.

But before you try the code examples you find, you need to know that there's a good chance you will brick your system with this code, since you have a problem with following instructions in English. You should forget the idea of giving your custom file extension it's own icon.

Why do you need a custom file extension?

You seem to be juggling too many things at once with no progress. Is everything you posted within the last 3 weeks on VBForums related to one project? Have you accomplished anything with the help you've gotten within the other threads?
    Last edited by Peter Porter; May 22nd, 2022 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Porter View Post
    Google can't find exactly what you need if you don't give it enough details that are correct, like the problem you always have on VBForums.

Think about what you want to accomplish, and carefully translate it to English into the Google search bar. Your search term also needs the programming language, for example (using your threads simple title) "How to put icon to a file format VB.NET." Format should've been extension, but I still was able to get search results that link to the code you need.

But before you try the code examples you find, you need to know that there's a good chance you will brick your system with this code, since you have a problem with following instructions in English. You should forget the idea of giving your custom file extension it's own icon.

You seem to be juggling too many things at once with no progress. Is everything you posted within the last 3 weeks on VBForums related to one project? Have you accomplished anything with the help you've gotten within the other threads?
    i know vb6 commands (full) and vb.net commands that do not exist in vb6 but im started learning vs2010 and moving projects near months, not 2 year ago like vb6
    Basic page
    Text

Comment removed.
    Last edited by Peter Porter; May 22nd, 2022 at 01:24 PM.

i know vb6 commands (full) and vb.net commands that do not exist in vb6 but im started learning vs2010 and moving projects near months, not 2 year ago like vb6
    You need to slow down. Translate my English to your language, and read it 3 or 4 times until you understand what I've asked you. Also reread your response to me as many times to make sure it actually answers my questions before you translate it to English.

Comment removed.
    ok...
    WAIT WHATAttachment 184931
    Basic page
    Text

how to put an icon to a custom document type (.and) like in the vc++ 10 MFCs
    i have an IDEA
    I learned setting default application for file
    I'm gonna change my apps icon to document icon
    and add a startup program that uses the process.start
    startup apps icon is gonna be the normal app icon
    Basic page
    Text

nope,normally some of those are related to Androidify REMAKE project but others are related to other projects/games
    Basic page
    Text