Thread: How do you give a positive rating to someone's reputation? Where is the rating icon?

How do you give a positive rating to someone's reputation? Where is the rating icon?

I've been a member here for years, but I don't have a clue how to give a positive rating to anyone. I don't see anything like a thumbs-up or scale icon. It would be great if someone could screen capture what I'm missing!

Re: How do you give a positive rating to someone's reputation? Where is the rating ic

There's a star labelled "(rate this post)" underneath the post itself, adjacent to the social icons. I don't think it appears in the Chit Chat forum and maybe some others, but doe sin the technical forums and I can see it below your post here.

Re: How do you give a positive rating to someone's reputation? Where is the rating ic

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Porter View Post
    I've been a member here for years, but I don't have a clue how to give a positive rating to anyone. I don't see anything like a thumbs-up or scale icon. It would be great if someone could screen capture what I'm missing!
    Just under the post itself.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    There's a star labelled "(rate this post)" underneath the post itself, adjacent to the social icons. I don't think it appears in the Chit Chat forum and maybe some others, but doe sin the technical forums and I can see it below your post here.
    I looked for it in Chit Chat, then figured it was the same in the other forums, and didn't think about it anymore until today.

Feelin' like an idiot now.

King of sapila

Imagine if there was rating on chit-chat. I would have been on the red rectangle from day 1!
    Mods are too noobius to think about it. We would react like robots then. Covid baaddd vaccines goooddd!

OH, and shame on you not giving rating all these years!
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Imagine if there was rating on chit-chat. I would have been on the red rectangle from day 1!
    Mods are too noobius to think about it. We would react like robots then. Covid baaddd vaccines goooddd!

OH, and shame on you not giving rating all these years!
    I guess it's because I'm use to seeing the thumbs-up icon.

Over the next few days I'll be scouring all the replies I got over the years.

Just rated boops boops for helping me with chroma keying!

We would react like robots then. Covid baaddd vaccines goooddd!
    Yeah, it's only the free thinkers who can see that COVID is actually good! smfh

King of sapila

I hope you are joking, as I was.

I don't think this is the functionality when they are 'Closed'

I can see that option in closed threads. I would expect that others could, as well, but I only looked in some 'sticky' closed threads at the tops of some of the forums, so those might be different.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

G'Day Shaggy
    Thxs good to know, I have notice a couple of times in the past I cant see them, but maybe I was logged out !!!

I hope you are joking, as I was.
    I think that it's safe to say that you were attempting to make some sort of point. If you do think that COVID is bad then does that mean that you don't think that vaccines are good? If you do think that as well then why would you use those two things as an example of acting like a robot? What was the actual point you were trying to make and where's the actual joke? Maybe have some backbone and stand up for the point you thought you were making instead of running away claiming "it was just a joke".

King of sapila

I don't have to explain a joke. A good joke or bad joke that's what it was.
    If you want to get explanations get an approval from the mods and start an new covid threat.
    I had the backbone to stand for 100+ pages, I don't think I could use a lecture.