Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 840 of 1042

Thread: Musk buys Twitter

  1. #801
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    109,066

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    I don't care about Alex Jones one way or another. Why should I?
    Well, he's a terrible person and has a negative impact on society, so if you care about society then I think that you should care some at least.

    There's also the fact that he's a person who is entitled to freedom of speech to the same degree as every other person and it seems that you think that that means he deserves access to Twitter. It seems that you should care about him to that degree at least, if you really do walk the walk that you talk. That is the basis of my question: should Elon Musk allow Alec Jones back on Twitter based on his supposed right to freedom of speech? If you do then it's simple enough to say so and at least you'll be being consistent. If you don't then the question is why don't you? In that case, you're really just deciding to draw the line between acceptable speech and unacceptable speech the same way we are but in a different place. That means that you could make an argument that certain speech that has been deemed unacceptable some should be deemed acceptable, but claiming that deeming speech unacceptable at all is wrong would be a contradiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    He's a nut and doesn't have any impact on me one way or the other.
    How very right-wing of you; "It doesn't affect me so why should I care".
    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    is he really that scary to you?
    It's not a matter of being scared but it's no surprise that you'd portray it that way. He's a terrible person and is a detriment to society and I care about society. I care about the parents of the children killed at Sandy Hook and Jones does affect them, as just one example.
    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Any why is this all about me again?
    You made a comment that I inferred to be directed, at least in part, at me. It is hard to tell who or what you're specifically referring to at times though. You could do better in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Is this some sort of verbal trap tactic you use in making personal attacks hoping to silence voices that might let light into your bubble? You sure like to do the same thing over and over again. It isn't very effective, so you may as well try to make a point if you have one instead.
    Woop! Woop! Victim alert! I was expressly trying to get you to answer a question. How is that trying to silence you? Despite your obsession, no one here is trying to silence you. Telling you how much and why we disagree with you is not trying to silence you. Even insulting you is not trying to silence you, any more than calling others here tap-dancing rats is trying to silence them. I'd say that you need to get out the bubble you're in, where you all keep telling each other how much we're trying to silence you because we're so scared of you.

  2. #802
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    109,066

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Back on the trans topic, which was not the original topic of this thread but it's CC so who cares, I just watched this video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1XwTalYyzs

    This is about Hershel Walker - someone who really does have brain damage, unlike John Fetterman - banging on about trans people, as usual, while having nothing of substance and barely anything of coherence to say. The original video features a female swimmer who "was forced to swim against a biological male" and she says that a man won the swimming title that belonged to a woman. That paints a particular picture but, as pointed out later in the critique, that picture is false and a quite blatant lie. Apparently, the woman speaking came equal fifth with the trans woman in that race. This is how trans women are supposedly CrUsHiNg women's sport and how right-wingers lie about it. We've all witnessed for ourselves how those who consider themselves "enlightened centrists" repeat those lies and others like them but, when push comes to shove, they can't actually back up their claims. As I may have mentioned previously, I'm not necessarily in favour of a blanket "yes" on the subject of trans women competing in women's sport but I'm also not in favour of a blanket "no". I don't consider myself to have enough information to make a fully-informed decision but I'm damn sure that Hershel Walker isn't and I doubt that most opponents of the idea are.

  3. #803
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,929

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    That seems to be a major problem with free speech, especially on a world wide platform. That would include allowing absolute lies that would directly lead to people getting hurt or others believing the lies and use that as justification for hurting people. And hurting people has many forms. I can't see the benefit in allowing that. There's a lot of people full of hate/bias/bigotry and a lot of people that see a way to make money from feeding it.

    Now there is a difference between absolute lies and bias when making a statement. Bias we see every day in the media,(actually it's everywhere), Alex Jones is an example of absolute lies, plus knowingly spreading absolute lies. As a group it's much easier to tell the difference, as an individual it's much harder to make the effort to distinguish, if you have a built in bias.
    Last edited by wes4dbt; Nov 23rd, 2022 at 03:49 AM.

  4. #804
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    109,066

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Now there is a difference between absolute lies and bias when making a statement.
    I would suggest that Donald Trump is an example of absolute lies as well. Not necessarily in everything he says but definitely in some important areas. There are many who would disagree though. Not sure how our local free speech proponents feel about that one. Not sure they specifically mentioned Trump as someone who should be allowed back on Twitter or not.

  5. #805

    Thread Starter
    Wall Poster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,702

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Ginger did all the same dance steps as Fred but in high heels...
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  6. #806
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,810

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/joe-...speech-3543343

    Looks like Twitter is the place to be, it is becoming the only place you can see Biden's gaffes without filtering now.

  7. #807
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,704

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/joe-...speech-3543343

    Looks like Twitter is the place to be, it is becoming the only place you can see Biden's gaffes without filtering now.
    I think you need to clean your filters. The simplest check would show that's not true. The tongue-in-cheek answer would be that there was a Biden gaffe chiseled in hieroglyphics in the tomb of Ramses II, but the more serious one would be: You probably can't do a search on Google that is so bad that you can't find numerous examples of Biden gaffes. Heck, Biden called himself a gaffe machine, so it's not like he isn't self aware in that regard.

    In fact, a search on Biden calling himself a gaffe machine came back with so many references to it that you can choose whichever source you want for it.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  8. #808
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,262

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Sure let's call it gaffe. Sure hope he doesn't gaffe with some "buttons".
    I'm quite sure that google and in accordance youtube hides a lot. When we where vaxbying I could not find most of the articles or videos on google. I had to quack. Regardless if they where vaxbie unfriendly, they shouldn't have been censored.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  9. #809
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,704

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    I always figured you were quacked.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  10. #810
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,929

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/joe-...speech-3543343

    Looks like Twitter is the place to be, it is becoming the only place you can see Biden's gaffes without filtering now.
    Can't see how you come to that conclusion. I just Googled "biden steal pumpkin" and that same story popped up in all kinds of media outlets.

  11. #811
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,929

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    For some reason when I was talking about free speech and the problem of absolute lies, I didn't think about how complex the issue is. The Alex Jones example was straight forward. This morning religion popped into my mind. And the whole concept went into a blender. Because, I don't believe in God, then religious rhetoric would be an absolute lie to me. But there is a large segment of society that do believe, so religious speech wouldn't be a lie.

    So we're back to a stand off. I should have known better than to listen to me. lol

  12. #812
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,262

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I always figured you were quacked.
    Lol, that was what I expected to read
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  13. #813
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,704

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    I wasn't sure if that would translate. "Quack" is such a strange word. It has several quite different meanings in the US, but is most commonly considered the sound that a duck makes. "Typical" animal noises seem to be quite strongly cultural. The way we say quack doesn't sound all that much like the noise a duck makes...unless you say it with a considerable accent.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  14. #814
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,262

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    I can do an average imitation of this lovely duck goin quackers




    but I can also talk about quakers that they don't quack and quackers that quack (see Russia subs)

    So does one quack when he goes quack or a quack quacks when quack?
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  15. #815
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,704

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    I couldn't do that voice even with a whole tank of helium.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  16. #816
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    109,066

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Can't see how you come to that conclusion.
    That would be bias and a well-developed victim mentality.

  17. #817
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,929

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    That would be bias and a well-developed victim mentality.
    There seems to be a lot of that. I don't know if the number of these people are increasing or just more visible because of the increase in number of places people can voice their complaints and the huge amount of people it reaches.

  18. #818
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,810

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    The Colorado shooter story looks quite different now that facts aren't being suppressed.

  19. #819
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    109,066

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    The Colorado shooter story looks quite different now that facts aren't being suppressed.
    Does it look quite different? I'm guessing that you're referring to the fact that the shooter is apparently non-binary, given that you've chosen to be deliberately vague yet again. They're still apparently racist and homophobic though, so I'm not sure how much has actually changed. As for facts being suppressed, you seem to be making that up. The fact that certain information didn't come to light immediately is not specifically an indication that anyone was hiding it. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're saying but then that would be your fault, for continuing to imply and insinuate rather than make a definitive statement. The plausible deniability I suspect you think you maintain by being vague is not plausible at all.

  20. #820
    Hyperactive Member Peter Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    473

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    The Colorado shooter story looks quite different now that facts aren't being suppressed.
    Very different! I never seen an interview like this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f6TXdNXcWk

    Glad it wasn't suppressed.
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Nov 24th, 2022 at 07:44 AM.

  21. #821
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,810

    Re: Musk buys Twitter



    The reality is absurd beyond fiction.

  22. #822

    Thread Starter
    Wall Poster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,702

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post


    The reality is absurd beyond fiction.
    Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously...

    https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-...carlson-2020-9
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  23. #823
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,810

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    That doesn't say anything about the actions of the morally bankrupt leftist media he lists there.

  24. #824
    Hyperactive Member Peter Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    473

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Deleted
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Nov 24th, 2022 at 05:55 PM.

  25. #825
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,802

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    On a more lighthearted note:-
    https://twitter.com/YoderSecreto/sta...95985063825410

    I haven't confirmed whether this is true or just a meme but apparently some leftists stormed off to Mastadon in protest of Elon Musk taking over Twitter and got a dose of reality when they went over there with their childish nonsense. This would be hilarious if it's true.

  26. #826
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,802

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Can't see how you come to that conclusion. I just Googled "biden steal pumpkin" and that same story popped up in all kinds of media outlets.
    I haven't personally look into this but outlets I trust have made claims that the previous regime at Twitter were in the practice of suppressing harmful information surrounding certain events involving democrats. The one I keep hearing about was some story on Hunter Biden's laptop being heavily suppressed at Twitter because it was harmful to the Biden administration. I wasn't too interested in that specific event(I don't really find political scandals that interesting) so I don't know the details but like I said, I trust these outlets. Even if dilettante is wrong in this particular case, it's pretty much known by all that have eyes to see that Twitter under the previous regime was pretty much a leftist propaganda machine so there is nothing odd about what dilettante said.
    Last edited by Niya; Nov 24th, 2022 at 03:18 PM.

  27. #827
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,802

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Lots of fast tap dancing going on here, but nobody is being fooled. Musk has turned on the lights and now the rats are in a panic.
    Comment of the week! Such an apt and effective way of describing this whole Twitter event.

  28. #828
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,802

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    I don't care about Alex Jones one way or another. Why should I? He's a nut and doesn't have any impact on me one way or the other.
    Interesting Alex Jones should be brought up. I feel pretty much the same way about him. His theories are a little too extreme, even for me. He bases a lot of what he says on too many assumptions. However, I have to say he earned my respect recently when he commented on Elon Musk's refusal to unban him. Not only did he say that he understood, he actually expressed support for Musk. I thought that was very mature of him and it made an impression on me. Most people, especially leftists would have lost their minds and started lambasting Musk in childish tirades but he didn't do that. The man's crazy but he acted like a man and took some responsibility for his current relationship with Twitter. He didn't lash out like some entitled brat and that is something I can respect.

  29. #829
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,802

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    Back on the trans topic, which was not the original topic of this thread but it's CC so who cares, I just watched this video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1XwTalYyzs
    "The Young Turks"....all I needed to see to know what I was in for lol....

    Anyways, I'm not going to go back and forth on this over statistics and who won this race or that race. My position is that in sports where physical performance matters, men and women should not be made to compete against each other because it's unfair to the women. That's my position, it will be my position till I die. I'm not interested in arguing it and if you believe otherwise, I'm fine with that. I just don't want to be told that I'm some kind of bigot or whatever because of this. Just accept that this is my position on the matter and lets move on.

    [EDIT]

    To be truthful, I am actually willing to debate it but you guys, like most leftists cannot help your judgmental attitudes and it won't be long before words like "bigot" and "transphobe" come out which tells me that it won't actually be a level headed debate but is in fact more akin to religious zealotry which is not something I'm interesting in participating in. So I'm nipping it in the bud. Just accept that this is how I feel and it's not something to fight over.
    Last edited by Niya; Nov 24th, 2022 at 03:52 PM.

  30. #830
    Hyperactive Member Peter Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    473

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    DEleted
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Nov 24th, 2022 at 05:48 PM.

  31. #831
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,802

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Porter View Post
    Niya, you got it all wrong. Stux is annoyed at some Mastodon users reporting other Mastodon users. It's not a leftist thing, or did you want everyone to believe it was, hoping they wont actually click the link to read for themselves, just so you can use your favorite word, lefists?

    Update:

    Stux didn't write what you read from a Photoshop you found on Twitter. But if you're interested on Stux actual thoughts on Twitter, here-ya go:
    https://mstdn.social/@stux/109371008852402554
    I don't think this Stux guy knows or cares that he is in the middle of a culture war. He's just a guy trying to run his platform or whatever but those of us "in the know" so to speak know what is really happening.

    This is not really a hill I want to die, I just found the thought of leftists fleeing Twitter only to get dose of reality to be quite hilarious. Whether it's true or just a meme, it still made me laugh.

  32. #832
    Hyperactive Member Peter Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    473

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Deleted
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Nov 24th, 2022 at 05:45 PM.

  33. #833
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,802

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Porter View Post
    Niya, I didn't expect you to double-down on your story after my reply. LOL!

    Care to try to interpret this Photoshop again? Here's your original post:
    Ok, you've genuinely lost me.

    My thing is, if it's a meme, it's hilarious. If it's actually true then it's even more funny. I just ran across it and it made me laugh. I didn't bother looking into it anymore than that. I really wasn't really poking for a debate when I posted that link.

    The reason it made me laugh is because very early in the Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter, a lot of leftists threw tantrums saying how they were going to leave Twitter for other platforms and I remember thinking how they would be in for a rude awakening so when I saw that image it made me laugh. I don't know if it's true or just a meme. It's just something I found funny.

    Are you seeing something else here that I'm missing?

  34. #834
    Hyperactive Member Peter Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    473

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Ok, you've genuinely lost me.

    My thing is, if it's a meme, it's hilarious. If it's actually true then it's even more funny. I just ran across it and it made me laugh. I didn't bother looking into it anymore than that. I really wasn't really poking for a debate when I posted that link.

    The reason it made me laugh is because very early in the Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter, a lot of leftists threw tantrums saying how they were going to leave Twitter for other platforms and I remember thinking how they would be in for a rude awakening so when I saw that image it made me laugh. I don't know if it's true or just a meme. It's just something I found funny.

    Are you seeing something else here that I'm missing?
    Yes. I need more sleep!

    I have insomnia, and probably something else since my sleep pattern is so out of whack. Last night I slept only 4 hours. I went to bed at 6am, and got up 4 hours later!

    I'm kinda like a zombie during the day, but a playful one. And I sometimes go off the rails, playfully, normally on a Photoshop spree, and every once in a blue moon a comment spree, which sometimes being so tired I might get something wrong. Sorry about that.

    I deleted my two previous posts.

    I usually avoid threads like these, but my zombie self today couldn't resist the brains!
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Nov 24th, 2022 at 06:53 PM.

  35. #835
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,262

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Aha. I hope you have seen fight club...Not like some people here that avoid the inevitable..
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  36. #836
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,262

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    This will fit better here:
    Russia’s State Duma approves bill to ban ‘LGBT propaganda’

    https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/24/e...ntl/index.html

    The discriminatory law proposes to ban all Russians from promoting or “praising” homosexual relationships or publicly suggesting that they are “normal.”

    That's a clever twist. You don't suggest that you are normal or homosexual. That could be used that normal people are also have some sexual issues.
    And I'm not taking sides as I've said , for this subject.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  37. #837
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    109,066

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Russia’s State Duma approves bill to ban ‘LGBT propaganda’

    https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/24/e...ntl/index.html

    The discriminatory law proposes to ban all Russians from promoting or “praising” homosexual relationships or publicly suggesting that they are “normal.”
    Are you sure that it wasn't Florida. Hard to tell the difference in some regards.

  38. #838
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    109,066

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Anyways, I'm not going to go back and forth on this over statistics and who won this race or that race.
    Of course you aren't, because that wouldn't actually support your position. My main point, though, was that this Republican political ad was lying about trans people in sport for political gain. The woman implied - in fact, I'd suggest that she flat out stated - that she should have won the race and only lost because a biological male won instead. Neither of those things are true but they wanted people to believe that they were. If they are on the right side of the argument then why do they need to lie? The same goes for you and your claim that trans women were "crushing" women's sport, which you immediately walked back when called out on it. If you think that the truth is on your side then why do you feel the need to lie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    My position is that in sports where physical performance matters, men and women should not be made to compete against each other because it's unfair to the women.
    And why is it unfair? It is unfair because biological males generally have certain physical advantages over biological females. Those advantages will not be present in trans women who have undergone certain medical treatments. If the physical advantages of being male are taken away, what is the actual issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    That's my position, it will be my position till I die.
    It actually being your position until you die is not a problem in and of itself but it sounds like what you're saying is that you're not interested in hearing/considering any new information that could and maybe should cause you to change that position. That is you being unreasonable. It's your prerogative to be unreasonable but let's not pretend that it isn't the case.

  39. #839
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    109,066

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Interesting Alex Jones should be brought up.
    I can't help but notice that you didn't answer the actual question I asked either. You don't have to, of course, but it looks suspiciously like you're not because the answer won't sit well with your stated position. I'll ask one more time and then let it drop and, if no straight answers are provided, everyone can make up their own minds why that might be. For the record, "I don't care about Alex Jones" isn't really an answer to the question, because it's whether and how you care about Alec Jones being banned from Twitter that I'm asking about specifically.

    Should Alex Jones have had his Twitter account reinstated? If not, on what basis is it OK to ban him but not various other people? If you're a free speech absolutist, as Elon Musk claims to be, then I'm not sure how you would justify banning - or not unbanning - Alex Jones, but perhaps there's something I haven't considered. If you are in support of his banning then it seems to me that you're basically supporting the position that you claim to be against, i.e. judging some speech to be OK and some to be unacceptable, but you're just drawing the line in a different place. I'm open to an explanation of how I'm wrong though.

  40. #840
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,929

    Re: Musk buys Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    I haven't personally look into this but outlets I trust have made claims that the previous regime at Twitter were in the practice of suppressing harmful information surrounding certain events involving democrats. The one I keep hearing about was some story on Hunter Biden's laptop being heavily suppressed at Twitter because it was harmful to the Biden administration. I wasn't too interested in that specific event(I don't really find political scandals that interesting) so I don't know the details but like I said, I trust these outlets. Even if dilettante is wrong in this particular case, it's pretty much known by all that have eyes to see that Twitter under the previous regime was pretty much a leftist propaganda machine so there is nothing odd about what dilettante said.
    Your answer has nothing to do with my comment to Dil's post. Your free to make comments on what you choose, no need to quote me then talk about something else.

    Dil said,
    Looks like Twitter is the place to be, it is becoming the only place you can see Biden's gaffes without filtering now.
    I pointed out I had no problem finding information on Bidens gaffes that matched Twitter. So the statement seems false. It has nothing to do with information suppression on Twitter.

    Anyway, now that there a new Republican House majority the Hunter Biden thing will probably be brought back to life. And the Twitter world can have another shot at him.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width