Thread: Expression for both font color and weight in SSRS

Addicted Member

Expression for both font color and weight in SSRS

Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to change both the font color AND font weight based on conditions for a textbox with an expression.

If have the following to change the font color :

Code:
    =SWITCH(Fields!MaksPenalisasie.Value = "JA", "Red", Fields!Gepenaliseer.Value = "JA",   "Red",  TRUE, "Black")
    If would like to also make the font bold where Fields!MaksPenalisasie.Value = "JA".

Regards

Re: Expression for both font color and weight in SSRS

I think I understand your question, but I don’t have a clue what SSRS is.

Re: Expression for both font color and weight in SSRS

It's the reporting tool that is integrated with SQL Server -- SQL Server Reporting Services.
    You build the query in SQL Server, then create the reports in Vb (not sure if C# is supported or not) using a designer. It's not that different from Crystal Reports. But it's got a ton of capabilities in it too, including the ability to run VB code.

And that maybe your solution ... write a function that returns the new font and then assign that through your expression. I don't know if it'll work or not... it's been a long time since I've done any SSRS work.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *