Thread: Xamarin or Xcode?

Red face Xamarin or Xcode?

Hi all.

I was recently asked by my work to create a basic IPAD app to report our processing data, I"m a cook not a programmer however I was a C programmer many years ago however that was in the Win 3.1 and DOS 6.2 era

We currently do it on paper and I need to create a basic IPad app which we can use instead.

There are about 10 different paper forms.

The data is pretty basic. Name, Date, Machine, Temperatures, etc.

I have purchased a Mac, Ipad Air, have Xamarin and also Xcode + Swift UI.

As cooks we will fill out our IPAD forms and at the end of the shift we will submit it (somewhere) and in some format. I was thinking maybe just a local excel file and they management can take it from there - I'm not getting paid for this, its a hobby.

My questions are do I:

Use Xamarin or do it in Xcode and Swift (I'm learning Swift now) or what would you suggest would be easiest since I have very little experience with IoS though I'm a quick learner.

Is this something that looks easy but is going to turn into something very complicated?

Each machine has about 4 forms each per shift - what would you suggest would be the best format, tab pages, swiping between forms? Embedded Excel form possible on IPad?

I'm just trying to work out a starting strategy and don't want to have to spend too much time on it.

Thanks for any help you might offer.

Re: Xamarin or Xcode?

Considering your limited experience and the simplicity of the data, have you explored using Xamarin or Xcode with Swift UI, and what factors are influencing your decision between the two for developing the iPad app for reporting processing data?