Thread: i need to make 3d viewer

Lightbulb i need to make 3d viewer

hi guys im making a 3d viewer,i need these codes

drawing a 2d triangle can make rotating illusion with moving mouse with mouse whell
    drawing triangle with vertices
    set triangles color with a color with shading (if triangles top is shorter it gets darker)(if triangles top is >me.height its normal colored)
    Last edited by gaouser; Mar 17th, 2022 at 09:19 AM. Reason: wrong

Re: i need to make 3d viewer

Again, what you have done so far?

i hate dx9vb

you understand me wrong it isnt rotate 2d it was rotate 3d (with setting points of triangle) thats why i say illusion

By no means is it on the same level as The Trick's demo above, but there is a 3D Studio project will imports .X files (which I understand you were after from you other thread) available on Github (link). It's in the PlanetSourceCode section of Github, which I understand was an initiative of a number of members of this Forum (my many thanks to those involved). From what I've seen, in only renders in wireframe, but if you were looking for a project on PSC (again, I saw in the other thread), maybe you'll find it there.

Frenzied Member

good find Dan_W
    this is exactly what gaouser wants. load .x and is not using directx9.

but Im amazed that someone "hates" directx9 when he want to work in 3D.
    even if its hard to learn, if you really want to work in 3D, thats where u should focus your time and effort into.

I started using Direct2D (also thankx to The trick) and it took a bit to learn (still learning) and its on another level compared to vb6 own engine and gdi.
    the same with 3D, if I would want to play with that, I would look into Directx9 or above (theres a 11 as well) everything else is worse.

The author of the project, Peter Wilson, has a number of other 3D/Graphics projects on PSC, including some tutorials - so if the 3D Studio doesn't fully meet your needs, maybe the rest of PW's projects will help.
    Personally, I would love to be able to learn/use DirectX, but I'm using 64bit VBA and I was told that I'd need a TLB in order to access it, and that those are all in 32bit (from I've seen thus far). If I were in your position, I'd following the suggestions of baka and The Trick and give DirectX another look.

PSC Ded ((((((((

Well the website is, yes, but the projects that were on it have been reuploaded onto Github here. Did you not the see I link I posted?