Thread: How to learn C# for APIs and Network Programming

Addicted Member

How to learn C# for APIs and Network Programming

Hi. This is an ongoing discussion of learning C#.

Thank you very much for the honorable members of this forum who guided me to start C#.

After climbing the stairs of learning C# I posted another thread regarding usage of Angular for building C# Web Application here in this forum.

Current Status:

Yesterday I went to the office of new Appoint Angular Developer.

He was configuring Development Environment.

He said things are ready to start development.
    When I looked at his code (a strange code of Angular, C#, HTML, TypeScript) I asked him a question?

I said I can see that there is a C# and TypeScript like code. But this C# coding is not the way I learned as starter, where I can connect to DB and perform the CRUD operation?

He answered that Yes it is C#. But its different aspect of C#.

There were APIs in C# and Networking Programming Code in C# and other things.

Question:
    Do I need to learn C# programming for Network applications NOW?
    OR C# for APIs?

Where do I start learning this thing from the scratch that I could grab the absolute beginning level of this side of C# programming?

Please guide me.
    Thank you

Re: How to learn C# for APIs and Network Programming

C# is C#. The language works the same way no matter what you use it for. There is no such thing as C# for Network and C# for API. It's all just C#. You might use different types depending on what you want to do but you still use them the same way regardless. Maybe you could provide examples of what you think is different and we could explain more specifically.

Addicted Member

Re: How to learn C# for APIs and Network Programming

Thank you for your time jmc.

I regret to say that my words were not could not speak for me.

I want to know that I've been hearing and reading on different places that JAVA and C# are powerful languages when you are doing network programming. I've never been in network programming but after discussing our project with the Angular (ASP.NET) Developer he says that C#, TypeScript and HTML will be the project development languages.

What example do you expect from me that there is no such project started yet?

He said C# will be used for APIs. He says we will be working on MVC with Angular and C#.